Windows 10: Registry key for current system date and time on Windows 10

Discus and support Registry key for current system date and time on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Does anyone know what is the registry key for setting system date and time on Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LearningGuru, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Registry key for current system date and time on Windows 10

Hi

Does anyone know what is the registry key for setting system date and time on Windows 10?

:)

LearningGuru, Jan 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 How to change “New Folder” default name for folders in explorer to current date and time?

Before you begin you must change the Windows System date format under Regional Settings in Control Panel. You cannot use / in the date format since this is an invalid character for folder names. Change the / to – in the date format. You cannot skip this step. Your date format must contain valid characters for folder names.

1. Go to registry editor using the regedit command.
    2. Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell.
    3. Make a new key New Folder.
    4. Inside this key, create another key command.
    5. Type the following value for the key inside it (edit the (Default) item's data): cmd.exe /c md "%1/%%DATE%%"
    6. Save and exit Registry Editor.

Now, to create the folders, instead of clicking New > Folder, instead use the context item New Folder. This runs the command script defined in step 5, which creates a new folder with the current date.

You will now have a folder with default name as the current date instead of "New Folder".

Joseph George William, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Registry key for current system date and time on Windows 10

Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Registry key for current system date and time on Windows 10

1. Registry key for current system date and time on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Registry key current

2. Weird Registry Key in Current User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Registry Key in Current User: I was clearing out all the files from uninstalling AutoCAD when I noticed a registry key that looked odd. It is under HKEY_CURRENT_USER and starts with "u:591fbee8- " then continues with a long string of letters and numbers with intermittent dashes and periods. I'm not sure...
  3. Weird Registry Key in Current User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Registry Key in Current User: I was clearing out all the files from uninstalling AutoCAD when I noticed a registry key that looked odd. It is under HKEY_CURRENT_USER and starts with "u:591fbee8- " then continues with a long string of letters and numbers with intermittent dashes and periods. I'm not sure...
  4. I want to set a registry and and I want to put the current date time in this key also, can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to set a registry and and I want to put the current date time in this key also, can...: I want to add a registry key:"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Note\****pany\Components" /v OOBE_Version /t REG_SZ /d "01 Jun 22 12:00" /fThis is what I have now but I have to manually change the time. Is there anyway I can change the time to have it pull what the computer time/date...
  5. I want to set a registry and and I want to put the current date time in this key also, can...

I want to set a registry and and I want to put the current date time in this key also, can...: I want to add a registry key:"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Note\****pany\Components" /v OOBE_Version /t REG_SZ /d "01 Jun 22 12:00" /fThis is what I have now but I have to manually change the time. Is there anyway I can change the time to have it pull what the computer time/date...
  6. I want to set a registry and and I want to put the current date time in this key also, can...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Date and time will not stay current

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date and time will not stay current: I have a new HP laptop with Windows 11. The time and date will not stay accurate. I am able to sync it, but when I close the laptop down then restart it, the time displayed is the time and date it was shut down....
  8. Date and time will not stay current

Date and time will not stay current: I have a new HP laptop with Windows 11. The time and date will not stay accurate. I am able to sync it, but when I close the laptop down then restart it, the time displayed is the time and date it was shut down....
  9. system time date

system time date: How do I change the time synchronization location? My system is using time-nw.nist.gov. Needs to be changed to time-a-wwv.nist.gov. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-time-date/5908e97e-2cc7-4546-b87e-41c7db05c44b
  10. Batch file to current date and time

Batch file to current date and time: Dear expert. Can you help me to batch file to change system date and time to current? Best regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-to-current-date-and-time/2c75b187-3561-4604-b9b5-218db993a6f6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 date time registry

2. how to set time and data in registry

3. registry key for date format windows

4. format of date in registry key,
  5. registry key date format windows 10,
  6. registry key date format,
  7. registry key DateTime,
  8. current time registry,
  9. date/time in registry,
  10. windows 10 windows time in registry,
  11. current time registry key,