Windows 10: Registry key for OneDrive installation path?

Discus and support Registry key for OneDrive installation path? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm working on a powershell function and need to lookup registry to determine where is OneDrive installed, excluding executalbe, just installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zebal, Feb 5, 2020.

1. zebal Win User

Registry key for OneDrive installation path?

I'm working on a powershell function and need to lookup registry to determine where is OneDrive installed, excluding executalbe, just installation directory.

for example, a registry entry of:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft OneDrive

This path may change in future versions of windows or for whatever reason,

I tried using Find and F3 to look for this directory but it leads to keys that don't look like permanent.
    Is there conventional key for this? or maybe better approach to detect where is onedrive installed using powershell?

Google does not help me.
    I think code is not relevant, I just need a key, but here is example pseudo code for registry lookup:

$HKLM = "Need a key here"
    $RegistryHive = [Microsoft.Win32.RegistryHive]::LocalMachine
    $RemoteKey = [Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey]::OpenRemoteBaseKey($RegistryHive, $ComputerName)

$OneDriveRoot = $null
    $RootKey = $RemoteKey.OpenSubkey($HKLM)

# ETC...

:)

zebal, Feb 5, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

Hmm .. need better steps to reproduce.

The installer adds a key with the install path to the registry, which is checked against and then that "Update GPU-Z" box is displayed.

W1zzard, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Registry key for OneDrive installation path?

Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Registry key for OneDrive installation path?

1. Registry key for OneDrive installation path? - Similar Threads - Registry key OneDrive

2. Intrusive OneDrive installation, hijacking of folder paths.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intrusive OneDrive installation, hijacking of folder paths.: Fed up with stupid Microsoft's aggressive, intrusive practices and this is a well known issue specifically with OneDrive being reinstalled without consent, hijacking folder paths in Outlook local and file explorer, with no way to reverse it.I've reinstalled windows 11 clean,...
  3. Intrusive OneDrive installation, hijacking of folder paths.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intrusive OneDrive installation, hijacking of folder paths.: Fed up with stupid Microsoft's aggressive, intrusive practices and this is a well known issue specifically with OneDrive being reinstalled without consent, hijacking folder paths in Outlook local and file explorer, with no way to reverse it.I've reinstalled windows 11 clean,...
  4. OneDrive and paths

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and paths: How come that Microsoft allows Windows to CHANGE the path given to point to anything with OneDrive, even when I have clearly added another path to my files?! How can this even be legal? I.e. I chose C:\Users\NAME\Desktop for all my downloads, but the Windows kept wanting me...
  5. OneDrive and paths

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive and paths: How come that Microsoft allows Windows to CHANGE the path given to point to anything with OneDrive, even when I have clearly added another path to my files?! How can this even be legal? I.e. I chose C:\Users\NAME\Desktop for all my downloads, but the Windows kept wanting me...
  6. OneDrive and paths

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Network access Remote registry paths and sub paths

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network access Remote registry paths and sub paths: Hi everyone Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 Build 19042.631 Im need to compare the security topics as follows, I am not sure if this is normal or configuration. Network access Remote registry paths and sub paths Thanks. [img] 170769
  8. Two paths to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Two paths to OneDrive: I cant remember how, but a new a Folder has been generated in Explorer with my NAME, this folder contains nearly all of the files/folders showing in the default storage location, ie C:\Users\Jim Smith\, I have therefore now got a set of duplicate files in the system, more...
  9. Installing Win10 update break all registry paths of executables

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing Win10 update break all registry paths of executables: After installing the last Win10 update, all my programs paths that were installed on disk D:\Programmes are changed to *:\Programmes. in the Registry (The D letter is changed by a star). It means that executable can no more run, neither uninstalled, nor re-installed (like...
  10. Registry keys registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822