Windows 10: Registry Key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Paint.Picture\shell\printto" missing in Windows 11

Discus and support Registry Key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Paint.Picture\shell\printto" missing in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I am working on print related operation in Windows 11 OS, which uses "printto" command and requires Registry Key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vijay MZ, May 25, 2022.

1. Vijay MZ Win User

Registry Key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Paint.Picture\shell\printto" missing in Windows 11

Hello,I am working on print related operation in Windows 11 OS, which uses "printto" command and requires Registry Key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Paint.Picture\shell\printto" existence.But I am unable to find Registry Key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Paint.Picture\shell\printto" in Windows 11 OS."HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Paint.Picture\shell\printto" is available in Windows 8.1 and 10 OS.It would be grateful if any work around or technical support .Thanks Vijay M. Zalaki

:)

Vijay MZ, May 25, 2022

2. Reg key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\pngfile\shell missing OPEN sub key for many systems

The default application to open a specific file type normally set by the Open with context menu item. If you wish to do it by applying a registry hack then you could construct the key similarly to this one: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\textfile\shell\open\command

Frederik Long, May 25, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    upload a picture in Paint

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the picture.
    • Click on open with.
    • Select paint.
    • You will be able to see the picture in paint.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, May 25, 2022
  4. AyonDubey Win User

Registry Key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Paint.Picture\shell\printto" missing in Windows 11

Reg key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\pngfile\shell missing OPEN sub key for many systems

Hi Frederik,

Thanks for the reply, ideally yes the "Open With" and "Always use this option" should create the Shell -> Open -> Command, however it does not and we do not want every one to update/alter regedit and hence the question for a fix in a KBA or ...

assoc and ftype also does not lead to a definitive info on what is windows doing with it internally.

AyonDubey, May 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Registry Key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Paint.Picture\shell\printto" missing in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Registry Key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTPaint

2. WaasMedicSvc key missing from registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WaasMedicSvc key missing from registry: My windows update keep disabling when I try to enable it on services.msc so I tried some guide and I didn't know that you cannot delete WaasMedicSvc, Now I lost my WaasMedicSvc and I still cannot fix my windows update, is there any way to fix it?...
  3. WaasMedicSvc key missing from registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WaasMedicSvc key missing from registry: My windows update keep disabling when I try to enable it on services.msc so I tried some guide and I didn't know that you cannot delete WaasMedicSvc, Now I lost my WaasMedicSvc and I still cannot fix my windows update, is there any way to fix it?...
  4. WaasMedicSvc key missing from registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Registry Key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Paint.Picture\shell\printto" missing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Paint.Picture\shell\printto" missing in Windows 11: Hello,I am working on print related operation in Windows 11 OS, which uses "printto" command and requires Registry Key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Paint.Picture\shell\printto" existence.But I am unable to find Registry Key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Paint.Picture\shell\printto" in Windows 11...
  6. Sandbox - Missing Group Policy & Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sandbox - Missing Group Policy & Registry Keys: I'm testing Windows Sandbox on my Dell XPS 9560. It mostly works, but the vGPU enable option would crash Sandbox, so I tried to inspect my settings, and found I don't HAVE any settings! What the....? In Group Policy (gpedit.msc), there is no Windows Sandbox folder in Computer...
  7. Windows Program Registry Key Missing or unidentifiable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Program Registry Key Missing or unidentifiable: Hello, I'm trying to remove World of Warcraft from my programs and features list, for I'm worried it's taking up significant data, and if it weren't I still dislike it being there and misinforming me of its presence. I tried looking at the registry keys but there isn't a...
  8. Windows 10 Audio Effects Registry Keys Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Audio Effects Registry Keys Missing: So, I was using a batch file to toggle windows sound effects which stopped working a couple days ago. I checked the registry keys that my batch file uses to toggle the sound effects in windows and the registry keys under...
  9. Registry keys registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  10. Missing Registry keys for Auto run

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Registry keys for Auto run: I have Windows 10 operating system. For some unknown reason I have no auto run when I insert a CD/DVD into my drive or when using my USB external hard drives and memory sticks. I believe I have had something happen to my registry as I think there are keys missing from it. I...