Windows 10: Registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...

Discus and support Registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I asked another question about this yesterday and another user responded, however I didn't get the answer I was looking for. They said that the key was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LumenXN, Mar 2, 2023.

1. LumenXN Win User

Registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...

I asked another question about this yesterday and another user responded, however I didn't get the answer I was looking for. They said that the key was legit, but he didn't know about it being in the "AppModel\PolicyCache" branch, so I wanted to know if it was a fake key or not. I can upload a copy of the key as a .txt or .reg if needed. Just please someone help me find out if this is a problem or not.

:)

LumenXN, Mar 2, 2023
  2. budi Win User

Registry strange behavior in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\...

I tried to clear all contents of
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts
    then set security permission to logger user name () to be clear from:

• create key
    • set value
    and let it inherently apply to all keys under it

But it responds with icons flickering / blinking very often
    so I undo the security setting.. but while keeping on registry browsing under this key I came across:

1. The jpg filetype key and userchoice key were created
    2. On userchoice key the logging user () ACL was created, and
    3. It's set to DENY on SET VALUE !

Registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local... 170074d1514596457t-registry-strange-behavior-hkey_current_user-software-microsoft-s.png

Is it windows 10 behavior or an intruder's been screwing up ?
    Please help me.. many thanks in advance

budi, Mar 2, 2023
  3. Farvatten Win User
    Oddly named entries under Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\

Also a discussion here:

Well, does anyone know what this stuff is or relates to?

I find them right after a Clean Install and right after I've assign certain 3rd party programs to certain file types where they'll appear at the very bottom of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT after the last entry 'Zune'.

It's a Unicode issue and I've been deleting them for years to no ill effects.

I just had this happen yesterday with my Clean Install of Windows 11 22H2 when I associated *.webp files with XnView.

Registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local... oddly-named-entries-under-computer-hkey_current_user-software-classes-chinesecharactersregfile01.jpg

If you scroll up the same *Classes list you'll find the 'webp_auto_file' entry where it shows the shell command it was associated with:

Registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local... oddly-named-entries-under-computer-hkey_current_user-software-classes-chinesecharactersregfile02.jpg

These Class entries are duplicated in these other keys, but when deleted from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT get deleted everywhere once you close and reopen Regedit.

Registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local... oddly-named-entries-under-computer-hkey_current_user-software-classes-chinesecharactersregfile03.jpg

Registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local... oddly-named-entries-under-computer-hkey_current_user-software-classes-chinesecharactersregfile04.jpg

Registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local... oddly-named-entries-under-computer-hkey_current_user-software-classes-chinesecharactersregfile05.jpg

Farvatten, Mar 2, 2023
  4. Private Win User

[W10] Delete executed programs list from registry.

New location *Biggrin

Private, Mar 2, 2023
Thema:

1. Registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local... - Similar Threads - Registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREClassesLocal

2. broken registry keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    broken registry keys: I've just managed to reinstall Windows 7 and upgrade back to Windows 10 after blue screen failure. re-installed Norton 360 and smart scan saying I have 124 broken registries and a 'slow programme'. how can I have 124 registry issue already? I've already run both SFC and DISM...
  3. Registry Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Key: hello, I'm wondering if this value found in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows is normal.the value name is "Load" with the value data of "C:\Windows\System32\msn.exe, C:\Windows\System32\msh.exe"thank you...
  4. What's this registry key for?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's this registry key for?: All of a sudden, this registry key called Imagination Technologies popped up. I didn't install anything new, so what could this be used for?w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-this-registry-key-for/16240cc4-7048-4c1c-ba52-0cfaf36494e3
  5. ProtectionPolicy registry key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ProtectionPolicy registry key: Hello ,I wish to know what exactly ProtectionPolicy registry key does and how it effects the integrity of systems on my network.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protectionpolicy-registry-key/187af627-a6ab-413d-bcb5-a7e12a1c954e
  6. ProtectionPolicy registry key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ProtectionPolicy registry key: Hello ,I wish to know what exactly ProtectionPolicy registry key does and how it effects the integrity of systems on my network.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protectionpolicy-registry-key/187af627-a6ab-413d-bcb5-a7e12a1c954e
  7. windows registry key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows registry key: i have been trying to update my windows and an errorThere were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070424 keeps popping up.....and when i...
  8. Deleted registry key

Deleted registry key: I want to use my computer with WoL. But cann't doing. I search on the net, that have a registry key HKLM/System/Terminal Server/TSConnection what is make it. In my system this key isn't.Where I have to import it from?...
  9. Registry key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry key: How do I fix requested registry key not allowed in msi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-key/62df446d-c4af-49b0-b902-eb1898ce55b5
  10. Registry keys registry keys

Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822