Windows 10: Registry key information export

Discus and support Registry key information export in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm looking to grab information from users' registry (one key in particular which states the VPN their using). I would then like to have this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by #ScottF16, Nov 20, 2019.

1. #ScottF16 Win User

Registry key information export

Hi,

I'm looking to grab information from users' registry (one key in particular which states the VPN their using). I would then like to have this information exported so that they all are on one report with just the user name and that key information.

What is the best way to create this report?

Thanks,

Scott

:)

#ScottF16, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Frogger Win User

Modded Registry. Want Old Back....

did you try this

To restore the registry
    Open Registry Editor.
    Click Options, and then click Print to print these instructions. (If you are using the Help and Support Center, click Print above the topic area.) They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2.
    Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
    In the list, click Restart, and then click OK.
    When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.
    Caution

Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer.
    Notes

To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
    When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows restores information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

Frogger, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Darkfalz Win User
    Can NOT remove ATITool registry key!

It's low priority to stop ATITool from making undeletable class keys in the reigstry?

That's about one rung above spyware.

What bothers me most is that I'm pretty sure you can't protect a registry key by any simple means, something must still be running somewhat that is protecting that key. Even after I manually removed the service. That's what bothers me.

Darkfalz, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Registry key information export

how do I export certificates and/or private keys?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to export a certificate with a private key

1. Open the Certificates console for the user, computer, or service you want to manage.

2. In the console pane, select the certificate store and container holding the certificate that you want to export.

3. In the details pane, click the certificate you want to export.

4. On the Action menu, point to
    All Tasks, and then click Export.

5. In the Certificate Export Wizard, click
    Yes, export the private key. (This option will appear only if the private key is marked as exportable and you have access to the private key.)

6. Under Export File Format, do one or all of the following, and then click
    Next.

• To include all certificates in the certification path, select the
      Include all certificates in the certification path if possible check box.
    • To enable strong protection, select the Enable strong protection (requires IE 5.0, NT 4.0 SP4 or above) check box.
    • To delete the private key if the export is successful, select the
      Delete the private key if the export is successful
      check box.
    7.In Password, type a password to encrypt the private key you are exporting. In
    Confirm password, type the same password again, and then click
    Next

8. In File name, type a file name and path for the PKCS #12 file that will store the exported certificate and private key, click
    Next, and then click Finish.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Registry key information export

1. Registry key information export - Similar Threads - Registry key information

2. Registry Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Key: hello, I'm wondering if this value found in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows is normal.the value name is "Load" with the value data of "C:\Windows\System32\msn.exe, C:\Windows\System32\msh.exe"thank you...
  3. Registry key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry key: How do I fix requested registry key not allowed in msi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-key/62df446d-c4af-49b0-b902-eb1898ce55b5
  4. I cannot restore a registry edit I exported

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot restore a registry edit I exported: Context: I have been trying to understand this registry hack to show the option to open both command prompt and shell using a right-click context menu. source:...
  5. Exporting Registry

Exporting Registry: When I export HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT with regedit it works, but whenI try to do it from a batch script with "reg export HKCR E:\RegistryBackup\Current\HKCR.reg /y" it fails. Why? Exporting the rest of the registry from the batch script works perfectly fine, just HKCR fails. Why?...
  6. Error message after attempting to export registry

Error message after attempting to export registry: I was about to make a change my Windows 10 registry, so I went to create a full backup copy first. When I do this, I get the following message after the process completes: [ATTACH] I get the same result on both my SSD and my regular hard drive, so it's not a problem with...
  7. Registry keys registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  8. problem exporting/importing registry keys

problem exporting/importing registry keys: I am using Repetier-Host for 3D printing. Configs are stored in the registry. Some configs are lines of code that contain CR, LF characters. These entries are made by the program. [ATTACH] If I look at the entry using Modify, copy the entry, save it to a txt file and look...
  9. Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows: How to: Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows How to Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows System configuration information is stored centrally in a hierarchical database called the registry. You can use Registry Editor to add and edit registry keys and...
  10. Exporting registry with regedit "hangs"

in Windows 10 Support
    Exporting registry with regedit "hangs": I have recently noticed that exporting my registry "hangs" forever. I did a little investigation and found that there appears to be a looping entry into the exported registry keys:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. export tasskbar registry key