Windows 10: Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

Discus and support Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everybody,I have an asus tuf a 15 and recently I had issues with one of the registry keys.When I open the registry and go to the specified path the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mahmoud Naif, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

Hi everybody,I have an asus tuf a 15 and recently I had issues with one of the registry keys.When I open the registry and go to the specified path the registry freezes and becomes unresponsive and I have to force close it... I have tried everything possible. I tried using tools that checks and fixes the registry keys, I tried cmd scripts... I tried everything and nothing works the registry always freezes as soon as I go to the path where the key is.I even tried resetting my laptop and it also didn't workThe path of the key is:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Install

:)

Mahmoud Naif, Apr 24, 2024

2. Error Removing Registry Key?

If it is not causing you any issues i would suggest for you you not alter the Registry.

Altering the Registry in any form of way may cause your Operating System to stop responding and or functioning.

Frank N St31n, Apr 24, 2024
  3. asyntax Win User
    ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Apr 24, 2024
  4. LEOZ19YZ Win User

Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

Error Removing Registry Key?

I'm trying to remove registry key that was added during installation of a software under
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\009\Counter now I'm trying to reset the counter however my research up till now is;

1. Registry key restore using backup results in error "some keys are open by system or processes"
    2. Also tried PSEXEC but getting same error
    Lastly I ran into unlodctr but I'm unsure how to use it, so can any one explain registry can be restore using unlodctr? I have registry key value added by software and backup of the key prior to installation.

Thanks!

LEOZ19YZ, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

1. Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access... - Similar Threads - Registry key path

2. Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...: Hi everybody,I have an asus tuf a 15 and recently I had issues with one of the registry keys.When I open the registry and go to the specified path the registry freezes and becomes unresponsive and I have to force close it... I have tried everything possible. I tried using...
  3. Blue Screen Errors as a Result of Registry Changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Errors as a Result of Registry Changes: My problem started when I decided to add a new key to the Intel Registry. I never made a backup of the registry and I thought deleting the key would solve my issue, but I was wrong. Every time my system boots I receive a blue screen error as follows:...
  4. Blue Screen Errors as a Result of Registry Changes

Blue Screen Errors as a Result of Registry Changes: My problem started when I decided to add a new key to the Intel Registry. I never made a backup of the registry and I thought deleting the key would solve my issue, but I was wrong. Every time my system boots I receive a blue screen error as follows:...
  5. Can't find an app's uninstall registry key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find an app's uninstall registry key: I wanted to manually delete an app called "Roblox" using the registry editor, I tried to use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UninstallandHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstallto find the apps uninstall...
  6. Installing Apps Access to the path is denied

Installing Apps Access to the path is denied: Hi,When I try to install Github Desktop, Discord, Freetube, Atom that is, any application that install by SquirrelInstallI am getting an installation error:System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\AnyApp\' is denied.I created a new...
  7. Network access Remote registry paths and sub paths

Network access Remote registry paths and sub paths: Hi everyone Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 Build 19042.631 Im need to compare the security topics as follows, I am not sure if this is normal or configuration. Network access Remote registry paths and sub paths Thanks. [img] 170769
  8. Startup error: "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup error: "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key...: On startup, I get a popup with the following error report: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the...
  9. Error accessing registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error accessing registry: I have a script I run which installs all my programs and games and basically compresses about 8 hours of work into 40 minutes. It makes lots of tweaks to the registry, services, tasks and so on. But I've been plagued for some time with problems importing registry files. I...
  10. Registry key for OneDrive installation path?

Registry key for OneDrive installation path?: I'm working on a powershell function and need to lookup registry to determine where is OneDrive installed, excluding executalbe, just installation directory. for example, a registry entry of: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft OneDrive This path may change in future versions...