Windows 10: Registry key reappears after deletion

Discus and support Registry key reappears after deletion in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When in the Startup tab of Task Manager, I noticed 2 lines that were named 'update' and were for Microsoft Teams uninstalled.The address in the command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Scott_Hennessey, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Registry key reappears after deletion

When in the Startup tab of Task Manager, I noticed 2 lines that were named 'update' and were for Microsoft Teams uninstalled.The address in the command line doesn't exist, so I tried to use Autoruns to delete them.Autoruns shows them in yellow, but when I try to delete them it says "Failed to delete". So I tried going through the registry to delete them.I've looked in a number of recommended places and found 2 keys in "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run32"They're named "TeamsMachineUninstallerLocalAppData" and "TeamsMachineUnins

:)

Scott_Hennessey, Aug 27, 2021
  2. trodas Win User

Macromedia Flash registry keys non deletable?

Hello, friends.
    On friend machine I made the mistake of installing the Adobe Macromedia Flash, instead of just depacking the installer and copy over the relevant files in Firefox plugins. As result, there are several non-deletable (regeditor refuse to delete them, CCleaner did not delete them as well) registry entries:

Registry key reappears after deletion 2ebv0d2_th.jpg

Both from Flash 9b and 10b versions as you can see in the image. Since regedit refuse the delete the keys AND CCleaner also refuse to delete them, I tried even the Registry Booster, yet this one did not even list them as error. If that is significant, I don't know. I just want them to "go away" and don't know how.
    Thinking about Windows PE boot, but not sure if that is safe and if that will allow well me to manipulate with registry... Is not there any other way? There is NOTHING from the flash files in Windows directory at all. All are removed/deleted. I stick with the
    flashplayer.xpt
    NPSWF32.dll
    NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe
    files extracted from the install and put in Firefox / Plugins, so I will not ever install that crap again. Never did on my machine and no problemo. But in case someone do, is there a known way to fix this? Using the Adobe utility to clean up is NOT the way to do...
    Also installing new version did not seems to fix a thing.

trodas, Aug 27, 2021
  3. asyntax Win User
    ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Aug 27, 2021
  4. AddRAM Win User

Registry key reappears after deletion

Remove Registry Key

Hello all *Smile not sure where to put this one.

After a CU, maybe 2 back, CCleaner found this duplicate registry key and I can`t seem to delete it. I uninstalled the CU and the Registry key disappeared, but after installing the CU again, it reappeared.

I have never had an issue with CCleaner taking care of the Registry. But the only thing I could do with it was add it to the Exclude list, but I`d like to get rid of it.

AddRAM, Aug 27, 2021
Thema:

Registry key reappears after deletion

1. Registry key reappears after deletion - Similar Threads - Registry key reappears

2. File keeps reappearing even after deletion in the system registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File keeps reappearing even after deletion in the system registry: I was working with the system registry, trying to solve a problem by deleting a particular file, however the problem persisted so when i checked the registry again, the file was still in place after its deletion. I deleted it again but the problem still continued even after...
  3. File keeps reappearing even after deletion in the system registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File keeps reappearing even after deletion in the system registry: I was working with the system registry, trying to solve a problem by deleting a particular file, however the problem persisted so when i checked the registry again, the file was still in place after its deletion. I deleted it again but the problem still continued even after...
  4. File keeps reappearing even after deletion in the system registry

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Deleted registry key

Deleted registry key: I want to use my computer with WoL. But cann't doing. I search on the net, that have a registry key HKLM/System/Terminal Server/TSConnection what is make it. In my system this key isn't.Where I have to import it from?...
  6. Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!: I've installed MS Flight Simulator 2020 on a separate SSD (Z:) which I managed to configure correctly on the second attempt. For some reason there is an empty Program Files folder containing an empty ModifiableWindowsApps folder. I deleted the Program Files folder by taking...
  7. Registry key keeps appearing after deleting it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry key keeps appearing after deleting it.: This is the key, when I delete it, it comes back again after a reboot or a shutdown, please help: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Apple Inc. Any help is very very very much appreciated....
  8. deleted registry key

deleted registry key: i mistakenly deleted my windows update registry key, so i want to know how to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-registry-key/2ac7e4bf-f806-4817-a978-89debefb6838
  9. Registry Key Deletion

Registry Key Deletion: I have a webcam that I can use on two other computers other than my main desktop. I know the problem are the Registry entires but when I try to delete Registry keys related to USB Webcams VID located in the following registry:...
  10. Installed Apps Reappear After Deleting

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installed Apps Reappear After Deleting: Hi, I installed several Outlook productivity apps to try out, such as Boomerang. I now want to get rid of some of these so I Unistalled either from the Start button or from the Setting>Apps list. The Apps no longer appear in the Apps list but they appear on the Outlook...