Windows 10: Registry key refuses to import. What am i missing?

Discus and support Registry key refuses to import. What am i missing? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i transferred my displayfusion registry settings from my main PC to my backup PC. at first glance, they all seem to import. Bindings are there,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Feb 6, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Registry key refuses to import. What am i missing?

So i transferred my displayfusion registry settings from my main PC to my backup PC.

at first glance, they all seem to import. Bindings are there, settings are there, license is there.

However one of the folders with some high priority settings imports, but has no keys in it.

I was finally able to get it to import by going to File>import as opposed to double clicking.

I have an idea of whats going on, but im looking for someone to lay it out for me so I know how to address this in the most streamlined way going forward.

I use Registry Finder exclusively. When using its menu to file>import, as i mentioned - no problamo.

However when I try double clicking, its trying to import ala regedit I assume, as all .reg files have the regedit icon after all.

So what is stopping them from being able to import via regedit and how can I get around it?

at current im left either importing the long way, or literally double checking everything i import to make sure every single key is there (unrealistic for bigger stuff obviously).

id prefer to be able to double click with peace of mind Registry key refuses to import. What am i missing? :p

:)

klepp0906, Feb 6, 2020

2. Bypass UAC prompt when importing Registry keys

Hi All,

I am trying to import a number of registry keys silently to HKCU hive using the following command line:

Regedit .exe /s "<path to the registry_key\regkey.reg"

I am getting the following UAC prompt which I am trying to by-pass:

any suggestions to import the registry keys silently?

khanShehzad, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Frogger Win User
    Modded Registry. Want Old Back....

did you try this

To restore the registry
    Open Registry Editor.
    Click Options, and then click Print to print these instructions. (If you are using the Help and Support Center, click Print above the topic area.) They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2.
    Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
    In the list, click Restart, and then click OK.
    When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.
    Caution

Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer.
    Notes

To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
    When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows restores information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

Frogger, Feb 6, 2020
  4. MikeExp Win User

Morph. Filt. and Tessellation Missing from 11.2

EastCoastHandle suggested to install the 11.4 preview which I did. Unfortunately this didn't help me at all. The registry key and the tessellation slider are still missing in the options... Anyone got any more ideas?

MikeExp, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Registry key refuses to import. What am i missing? - Similar Threads - Registry key refuses

2. What's this registry key for?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's this registry key for?: All of a sudden, this registry key called Imagination Technologies popped up. I didn't install anything new, so what could this be used for?w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-this-registry-key-for/16240cc4-7048-4c1c-ba52-0cfaf36494e3
  3. What am I missing???

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What am I missing???: Hi I’m having some major issues. I’ve been trying to get back into my personal computer and it’s asking me to do the verify app but that app isn’t connected to my email. I never set up. It keeps asking me for a code that’s not going to be generated. What do I do? Can’t get in...
  4. What am I missing???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What am I missing???: I have gone through this four times, what next? Brand new copy of Win 10 on USB received today. What file could possibly be missing??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-am-i-missing/04a9578c-fe99-4b01-bc26-be1ced8f7eea
  5. What am I missing???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What am I missing???: I have gone through this four times, what next? Brand new copy of Win 10 on USB received today. What file could possibly be missing??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-am-i-missing/04a9578c-fe99-4b01-bc26-be1ced8f7eea
  6. What am I missing???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Cannot import registry key into regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot import registry key into regedit: When i try to import .reg file into regedit it says that file is not .reg file,any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-import-registry-key-into-regedit/2607614e-56de-4287-9b37-58f70d495277
  8. problem exporting/importing registry keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem exporting/importing registry keys: I am using Repetier-Host for 3D printing. Configs are stored in the registry. Some configs are lines of code that contain CR, LF characters. These entries are made by the program. [ATTACH] If I look at the entry using Modify, copy the entry, save it to a txt file and look...
  9. Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows: How to: Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows How to Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows System configuration information is stored centrally in a hierarchical database called the registry. You can use Registry Editor to add and edit registry keys and...
  10. Import or merge registry key not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Import or merge registry key not working: Hi, here is my problem. I exported a key (ieshims) to document folder. I made corrections using Notepad++ to some paths and saved it. I imported the key back and everything went fine. The problem is that when I go back to look at my corrections in the registry,...