Windows 10: Registry key to edit to fix this problem

Discus and support Registry key to edit to fix this problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft, I recently got a virus in my computer running Windows 10 and it probably corrupted or changed something in the registry that caused it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Orange Group Tech, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Registry key to edit to fix this problem

Hi Microsoft,

I recently got a virus in my computer running Windows 10 and it probably corrupted or changed something in the registry that caused it to show the error below.

Registry key to edit to fix this problem 0e6eeaa8-882c-491a-8caf-b453ee71462a?upload=true.png

This should be a registry problem as the following ways below I tried didn't work:

1 Safe mode

2 bootrec

3 sfc /scannow

4 DISM /scanhealth not full command; didn't work because I could only use WinPE

5 Replacing Winlogon and LogonUI

6 Reinstalling the system. and keeping files as I don't want to lose them

Does anyone know which registry key I should edit or how I should fix this problem? I have already loaded the hive in my WinPE.

Thanks.

:)

Orange Group Tech, Jan 23, 2020

2. registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Trying to disable the Insert key with a Registry edit

Hi Bill,

We appreciate the information that you provided. For us to narrow down your concern with
    disabling the Insert key with a Registry edit, have you tried creating a backup before editing the registry? If yes, we suggest that you restore it back; then, try it again with the correct entry. To do this, see this
    link, and follow the steps/instructions.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Registry key to edit to fix this problem

Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Registry key to edit to fix this problem

1. Registry key to edit to fix this problem - Similar Threads - Registry key edit

2. How to change TDR values and edit "Registry keys".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change TDR values and edit "Registry keys".: Hi,I would like a technician to help/guide me through the process of editing the "TDR values" of the GPU.I would really appreciate if remote assistance is available Thanks!...
  3. How to change TDR values and edit "Registry keys".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change TDR values and edit "Registry keys".: Hi,I would like a technician to help/guide me through the process of editing the "TDR values" of the GPU.I would really appreciate if remote assistance is available Thanks!...
  4. How to change TDR values and edit "Registry keys".

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Editing the registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing the registry: I migrated from win7 to win10 using the in-place method MS recommends. But as a result of that the registry is full of entries for programs that were removed years ago. What I want to do is just remove them; edit them out. I know the best way to remove them is to begin again...
  6. Editing the registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Editing the registry: I need to edit the registry to remove/expunge residual program entries after an un-install and clean-up. Background I upgraded from win7 to win10, and noted that installed apps several versions of VideoStudio failed on the 2nd and subsequent execution on win10. I've...
  7. Registry Edit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry Edit: I deleted something from registry edit. Im not too sure what, it was along the lines of Tab- or Tablet- because i was going through getting rid of anything that could be causing errors for my new tablet drivers. But now im getting a flashing screen, and white icons (or no...
  8. Registry keys registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  9. problem exporting/importing registry keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem exporting/importing registry keys: I am using Repetier-Host for 3D printing. Configs are stored in the registry. Some configs are lines of code that contain CR, LF characters. These entries are made by the program. [ATTACH] If I look at the entry using Modify, copy the entry, save it to a txt file and look...
  10. registry editer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    registry editer: the only place I can find it is in system configuration, under tools and cannot remove it!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-editer/26358bbd-5cec-46d7-bab8-36f6bc7afb9f