Windows 10: Registry key

Discus and support Registry key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I fix requested registry key not allowed in msi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DesmondAleilo, May 10, 2021.

1. Registry key

How do I fix requested registry key not allowed in msi

:)

DesmondAleilo, May 10, 2021
  2. Darkfalz Win User

Can NOT remove ATITool registry key!

It's low priority to stop ATITool from making undeletable class keys in the reigstry?

That's about one rung above spyware.

What bothers me most is that I'm pretty sure you can't protect a registry key by any simple means, something must still be running somewhat that is protecting that key. Even after I manually removed the service. That's what bothers me.

Darkfalz, May 10, 2021
  3. asyntax Win User
    ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, May 10, 2021
  4. Registry key

Error Removing Registry Key?

If it is not causing you any issues i would suggest for you you not alter the Registry.

Altering the Registry in any form of way may cause your Operating System to stop responding and or functioning.

Frank N St31n, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Registry key

1. Registry key - Similar Threads - Registry key

2. Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys: I need to edit a registry key but before I do so, I need to be granted full control of the key. I am getting an error message when I try to do this. I am already listed as the owner of the key. I have tried changing both my administrator account as well as my use account to...
  3. Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys: I need to edit a registry key but before I do so, I need to be granted full control of the key. I am getting an error message when I try to do this. I am already listed as the owner of the key. I have tried changing both my administrator account as well as my use account to...
  4. Weird registry key that could potentially be malware, but all the results are really old on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird registry key that could potentially be malware, but all the results are really old on...: I was snooping around in my registry as per usual and i found two registry keys that stuck out to me, dbrowprx.asproxy and dbrstprx.asproxy and also a whole bunch of registry keys with the same names but labeled 1, 2, etc. I did a quick google search and it showed me results...
  5. Weird registry key that could potentially be malware, but all the results are really old on...

Weird registry key that could potentially be malware, but all the results are really old on...: I was snooping around in my registry as per usual and i found two registry keys that stuck out to me, dbrowprx.asproxy and dbrstprx.asproxy and also a whole bunch of registry keys with the same names but labeled 1, 2, etc. I did a quick google search and it showed me results...
  6. How do we enable Kyber cipher suites via gpo for the ssl registry keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we enable Kyber cipher suites via gpo for the ssl registry keys?: I've been attempting to enable Kyber ciphers via the registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\CipherSuitesBut I can't find a format to follow anywhere; I know it runs off TLS1.2, and 1.3, which we have enabled. I'd...
  7. How do we enable Kyber cipher suites via gpo for the ssl registry keys?

How do we enable Kyber cipher suites via gpo for the ssl registry keys?: I've been attempting to enable Kyber ciphers via the registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\CipherSuitesBut I can't find a format to follow anywhere; I know it runs off TLS1.2, and 1.3, which we have enabled. I'd...
  8. What's this registry key for?

What's this registry key for?: All of a sudden, this registry key called Imagination Technologies popped up. I didn't install anything new, so what could this be used for?w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-this-registry-key-for/16240cc4-7048-4c1c-ba52-0cfaf36494e3
  9. What's this registry key for?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's this registry key for?: All of a sudden, this registry key called Imagination Technologies popped up. I didn't install anything new, so what could this be used for?w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-this-registry-key-for/16240cc4-7048-4c1c-ba52-0cfaf36494e3
  10. I accidentally deleted a registry key to open "folder".

I accidentally deleted a registry key to open "folder".: I accidentally deleted a registry key in "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open\command" that's used to open a folder when you double click on it. Now when i click on a folder it redirects to the home folder %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe. I do not have a back-up of my registry.I...