Windows 10: Registry key

Discus and support Registry key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I fix requested registry key not allowed in msi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DesmondAleilo, May 10, 2021.

1. Registry key

How do I fix requested registry key not allowed in msi

:)

DesmondAleilo, May 10, 2021
  2. Darkfalz Win User

Can NOT remove ATITool registry key!

It's low priority to stop ATITool from making undeletable class keys in the reigstry?

That's about one rung above spyware.

What bothers me most is that I'm pretty sure you can't protect a registry key by any simple means, something must still be running somewhat that is protecting that key. Even after I manually removed the service. That's what bothers me.

Darkfalz, May 10, 2021
  3. asyntax Win User
    ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, May 10, 2021
  4. Registry key

Error Removing Registry Key?

If it is not causing you any issues i would suggest for you you not alter the Registry.

Altering the Registry in any form of way may cause your Operating System to stop responding and or functioning.

Frank N St31n, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Registry key

1. Registry key - Similar Threads - Registry key

2. ODBC driver inserted from registry key does not show up in Source Administration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ODBC driver inserted from registry key does not show up in Source Administration: I have exported an existing PostgreSQL ODBC driver 64 bit entry from the registry at Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INIAnd modified the name of the driver name.The original was[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\PostgreSQL ODBC...
  3. Can't find an app's uninstall registry key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find an app's uninstall registry key: I wanted to manually delete an app called "Roblox" using the registry editor, I tried to use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UninstallandHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstallto find the apps uninstall...
  4. How to block registry keys which are associated with IOC's

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to block registry keys which are associated with IOC's: Hello Team,Hope you are well !I want to put some registry keys in the block mode onto my MDATP console which are associated with the IOC or part of some sort of breach.Can anyone please help me how to do so, i tried going to configuration manager in MSATP but unable to do...
  5. Deleted registry key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted registry key: I want to use my computer with WoL. But cann't doing. I search on the net, that have a registry key HKLM/System/Terminal Server/TSConnection what is make it. In my system this key isn't.Where I have to import it from?...
  6. Do not alter this registry key FSIASleepTimeInMs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do not alter this registry key FSIASleepTimeInMs: Never remove alter or touch this registry Key.Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer"FSIASleepTimeInMs"=dword:0000ea60 its actually set to 60000.i was messing around found out this registry key turns off Windows defender/ Ransomware...
  7. Registry Key for Activity related to Motion.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry Key for Activity related to Motion.: Hello @Brink , I am tightening up my OS and came across a REG entry that I can NOT seem to track down ANY information on . . . Code: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\activity Apparently it relates to Motion. Code: Motion:...
  8. Which registry keys of settings make Microsoft News become blank?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which registry keys of settings make Microsoft News become blank?: Hi, Everyone! Q. Please tell me which registry keys of settings make Microsoft News become blank. The problematic registry keys of settings is as following. ECHO. ECHO 正在停用 Client for Microsoft Networks 和 File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks 項目,請稍候。 ECHO. cmd...
  9. Found 2 license keys in Registry

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Found 2 license keys in Registry: Recently I performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2. I used the Media Creation Tool to do so and ended up with Windows 10 Home. Eventually I was able to get Windows 10 Pro installed and everything is working. The thing I noticed was that both versions of...
  10. How to prevent writing to a specific registry key?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent writing to a specific registry key?: So changing registry strings is a pretty common tool around here and something ive done pretty comfortably for a long time. Messing with registry permissions goes above my head and is quite a bit more risky. AFAIK with my limited knowledge ACL's and the like is quite a bit...