Windows 10: Registry location for: "Optimize this folder for" templates

Discus and support Registry location for: "Optimize this folder for" templates in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knew where the regedit location was for these default templates? I want to change the Picture template from Large to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jkchao297, May 20, 2019.

1. jkchao297 Win User

Registry location for: "Optimize this folder for" templates

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knew where the regedit location was for these default templates? I want to change the Picture template from Large to Extra Large.

Basically I know of three ways to change folder views:
    • Manually using the view quickbar - which is tedious.
    • Folder Properties > Customize > "Optimize this Folder for" - which gives you greater control and only changes the current folder and its subfolders (which is what I want).
    • Folder Options > View > "Apply to Folders" - which changes ALL folders on your computer to the current folder settings, which is a rather intrusive option (not at all what I want).

The Optimize setting and it's templates are great - I just want to find ways to tweak them or perhaps make my own templates for this feature? Or perhaps there is a 3rd party folder software that can do what I want. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

:)

jkchao297, May 20, 2019
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, May 20, 2019
  3. How to stop Windows 10 creating a custom office templates folder on the taskbar?

Regrettably the {empty) folder reappears after a reboot, so some stronger method seems to be needed to kill it permanently - maybe a registry hack?

Sorry Charianne - only just saw your reply - trying your suggestion - have now set
    Default personal templates location to D:\Templates where my personal templates are actually stored

jonrichco1, May 20, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, May 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Registry location for: "Optimize this folder for" templates - Similar Threads - Registry location Optimize

2. Fullscreen Optimizations - Windows Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen Optimizations - Windows Registry: Can someone please explain to me what each of following registry keys do or what they are about?GameDVR_DSEBehaviorGameDVR_DXGIHonorFSEWindowsCompatibleGameDVR_EFSEFeatureFlagsGameDVR_EnabledGameDVR_FSEBehaviorGameDVR_FSEBehaviorModeGameDVR_HonorUserFSEBehaviorMode...
  3. Fullscreen Optimizations - Windows Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fullscreen Optimizations - Windows Registry: Can someone please explain to me what each of following registry keys do or what they are about?GameDVR_DSEBehaviorGameDVR_DXGIHonorFSEWindowsCompatibleGameDVR_EFSEFeatureFlagsGameDVR_EnabledGameDVR_FSEBehaviorGameDVR_FSEBehaviorModeGameDVR_HonorUserFSEBehaviorMode...
  4. Fullscreen Optimizations - Windows Registry

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. built-in folder templates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    built-in folder templates: hello, i cant find an answer to what i am trying to achieve so i'll appreciate anyone's help.. There are 5 built-in folder view templates General, document, music, videos & picture i know i can change and save the view options in these 5 templates and i found lots of...
  6. locating template

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    locating template: I am trying to locate a document that I downloaded from the internet. It went into a file identified as TempState > Downloads. That folder does not come up when I hit Windows C: I can't find this folder in the normal folder pop up which has Windows C: Data D: , etc.....
  7. Apply folder optimization template to multiple selected folders DOES NOT WORK.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apply folder optimization template to multiple selected folders DOES NOT WORK.: Title. When I do it on a single folder it works, when I select multiple folders and try the same thing, nothing happens. submitted by /u/TeaCrab131 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e4ktny/apply_folder_optimization_template_to_multiple/
  8. WinASO registry optimizer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WinASO registry optimizer: I am trying to open and run my WINASO registry optimizer but it says it has been blocked by an administrator. I am the only administrator on my PC and I did not block it. I uninstalled and tried to reinstall but it says windows defender smart screen is preventing me from...
  9. WinASO registry optimizer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinASO registry optimizer: I am trying to open and run my WINASO registry optimizer but it says it has been blocked by an administrator. I am the only administrator on my PC and I did not block it. I uninstalled and tried to reinstall but it says windows defender smart screen is preventing me from...
  10. Folder Template Problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Template Problem.: My default folder template in program files and program files(x86) suddenly change to Pictures type template. I don't want to change it manually 1 by 1. And whenever I install a program, the newly created folder template is always Pictures type folder, not the usual...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file:///C:/Users/Howard/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/2020-02-03 (1).pdf

2. folder download optimize this folder to