Windows 10: Registry location of auto-contrast in W10 2004 now?

Discus and support Registry location of auto-contrast in W10 2004 now? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can direct to the location in windows to turn off auto-contrast (aka adaptive contrast). Please note that I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KazeEnji, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Registry location of auto-contrast in W10 2004 now?

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can direct to the location in windows to turn off auto-contrast (aka adaptive contrast). Please note that I do not mean auto-brightness, I mean auto-contrast. It was a setting that previously had to be turned off via a registry edit but in 2004, that registry key no longer exists. If I manually create the key/value it doesn't take effect.

It used to exist here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001

But now it doesn't and the key/value of "FeatureTestControl"/"9250" doesn't do anything anymore.

So does anyone know where it's moved to?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/KazeEnji
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KazeEnji, Sep 4, 2020

2. w10 auto play dead

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn on auto play for DVD and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “auto play”.
    • Under the tab “choose what happens when you insert each type of media or device” check the box “Use auto play for all media and devices”.
    • Then under the option DVD you can select the appropriate option and check if it helps.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Registry location of auto-contrast in W10 2004 now?

High Contrast Mode in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to apply the changes from the settings option in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

1) Type High contrast settings in the search box and then click on High Contrast settings.

2) In the right pane select the level of contrast choose a theme and check.

I also recommend you to update the graphic drivers of the computer and check if it helps.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Registry location of auto-contrast in W10 2004 now?

1. Registry location of auto-contrast in W10 2004 now? - Similar Threads - Registry location auto

2. w10 registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    w10 registry: what is Xing Technology in w10 registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-registry/4d4ff7f4-0fc5-43c4-af57-83f634554a23
  3. Auto Location reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Location reset: I have set my default location in Win10/Settings. But when shopping online in Firefox & Bing the autolocation always puts me 400 miles away. In settings i allowed those site apps to access location. How can this be fixed to give a true location on local shopping sites? It was...
  4. Video auto adjust contrast. How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video auto adjust contrast. How to fix it?: [ATTACH] Arghhh I can't figure out the culprit! Please help! Videos I watch on all browsers and all sites begin at full contrast then suddenly lose contrast. If I pause and switch windows, when I get back to the window with the video it's again at full contrast then again...
  5. w10 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    w10 2004: Non sono riuscito ad installare w10 2004 : Installazione non riuscita su ‎07/‎06/‎2020 - 0x800704c7 Che fare? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-2004/dc206f5b-d795-4e7f-a32e-3c355997af2b
  6. W10 2004 repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 2004 repair: I have recently installed the feature update 2004. We have Home, the 64-bit version. I have recently been having problems, and tried to fix the problem myself. I class my ability level very much as novice However, I think I may need to do an in-place repair. I have...
  7. Registry location for storing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry location for storing data: I'm creating a new release (version 5) of an application whose registry contents won't be compatible with earlier releases, so I changed my code to write everything under: HKCU\Software\DeepSkyStacker\DeepSkyStacker5 and that is working just fine. However there's a custom...
  8. W10 default photo viewer registry location

W10 default photo viewer registry location: W10 choose a default photo viewer doesn't let me select a program from my computer only from the app store. On top of that if I select my program using Open With and set it as the default W10 disregards it the next time I open a jpg file. According to the internet this...
  9. registry edit no longer controls adaptive contrast

registry edit no longer controls adaptive contrast: i have a laptop running windows 10, and one of the most irritating "features" is adaptive contrast: if a website has a gray or dark background, the brightness will gradually dim. it gradually brightens if you switch to a white window or website. it can be very difficult to...
  10. High Contrast Themes in W8.1 and W10

High Contrast Themes in W8.1 and W10: I have made a brief outline on how to apply high contrast themes in W8.1 and W10. In W7 the technique is different. High contrast is a big advantage for those like me who have a reduced vision. The outline is at my One Drive. Because of the setup I chose, it would have...