Windows 10: Registry messed up after ondrive transfer failed / cancelled

Discus and support Registry messed up after ondrive transfer failed / cancelled in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear All I had a problem when moving my onedrive folder from an external harddrive (F:\OneDrive) back to my laptop. I had temporarily put the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HeyKeys, Apr 13, 2019.

1. HeyKeys Win User

Registry messed up after ondrive transfer failed / cancelled

Dear All

I had a problem when moving my onedrive folder from an external harddrive (F:\OneDrive) back to my laptop.

I had temporarily put the onedrive on an external drive to do some testing due to lack of memory space on my laptop.

I followed the steps as per microsoft instruction to move the folder back to the laptop. I had unlinked the one drive folder first. Then I moved the folder:

During the move, I received many, many error messages.:

"explorer. exe

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or..."

There was so many such windows that by closing them I inadvertently cancel the move process.

I decided then to create a new one drive folder directly under my laptop. I created it as new.

It synced fine.

However it seems that the failed / cancelled move has affected the registry. Some of the items are still pointing to F:\OneDrive

Registry messed up after ondrive transfer failed / cancelled [​IMG]

Accordingly when window starts and the external drive is not attached, I received the following error message:

Indeed all my destop icons are gone.

Also my microsoft apps display error messages:

Error message when I try to save an attachment from an email in outlook:

When the external drive is plugged in, the laptop does not have error messages and my desktop is fine (all icons are there, incl. taskbar)

Indeed there is still a folder F:/onedrive/ on it due to the failed move.

Not much in it:

Thanks for your help.

I have contacted onedrive support.

After one week they are still working on it.

Chris

:)

HeyKeys, Apr 13, 2019

2. OnDrive windows

Hello,

welcome to the Microsoft community

a pleasure in helping you

Regarding your question, you will not lose the data of Ondrive while uploading them to the cloud since Ondrive works with your Microsoft gutter

Regards

MiguelChiappori, Apr 13, 2019
  3. OnDrive windows

hello community

I'm going to format my pc the question is if formatting I lose the ondrive documents?

karinalocherth1, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Registry messed up after ondrive transfer failed / cancelled

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Registry messed up after ondrive transfer failed / cancelled

1. Registry messed up after ondrive transfer failed / cancelled - Similar Threads - Registry messed ondrive

2. I can't access anything on my windows after messing up registries

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't access anything on my windows after messing up registries: I'm optimizing some settings and ran into the registry, then randomly clicked some permissions, and now I can't access anything on my computer....
  3. I can't access anything on my windows after messing up registries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access anything on my windows after messing up registries: I'm optimizing some settings and ran into the registry, then randomly clicked some permissions, and now I can't access anything on my computer....
  4. Mysterious error after messing up the registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious error after messing up the registry: One day, I caught myself in a "curiosity killed the cat" situation when I modified a registry key that controls ifS mode is enabled. The key is named, "VerifiableAndReputableTrustModeState" something like that, thatis located in the "Cl/Control" areas of the registry. This...
  5. Mysterious error after messing up the registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious error after messing up the registry: One day, I caught myself in a "curiosity killed the cat" situation when I modified a registry key that controls ifS mode is enabled. The key is named, "VerifiableAndReputableTrustModeState" something like that, thatis located in the "Cl/Control" areas of the registry. This...
  6. User Shell Folders messed up in registry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User Shell Folders messed up in registry: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/hivdb8cde0l51.png?width=1240&format=png&auto=webp&s=c503dc2939d44c6ebaabdd34b852f5de2022673e Originally I moved my user folders to my D: drive, to clear some space on my C: drive. Yesterday I had to reinstall Windos to fiz a problem. I...
  7. Power Slider Missing after Messing with the Registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Slider Missing after Messing with the Registry: I had to mess with the registry to try to allow USB wake on my computer and I remember changing one value inside of it but don't remember which. The value apparently turned off the power slider but didn't help with the allow USB wake problem even when turning allow USB wake...
  8. I messed up my windows registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    I messed up my windows registry: Background story: So i was working on a chatbot in python. The module I was using for text to speech was pyttsx3. It used microsoft voices. I wanted to add more voices and use them. So I intsalled Microsoft James via the settings and tried to use it in pyttsx3, but it didn't...
  9. Ondrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ondrive: Não consigo entrar no Ondrive na barra de notificações, manda entrarporém não entra será que podem me ajudar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ondrive/a833efe9-9d34-4ad9-bf35-446d1cf6f44e
  10. Messed up hexadecimal value of a certain registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up hexadecimal value of a certain registry: Yesterday, i made a foolish mistake of messing with my registry. Now i usually know my way around the registry, but that's not the problem. The problem is that i messed up the hexadecimal value of the mouse setting, specifically the 'Smoothmousexcurve' and...