Windows 10: Registry not taking effect?

Discus and support Registry not taking effect? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I made some changes in the registry lately, but they still haven't taken effect. I rebooted my computer, changed permissions for the registry key, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by User_2357, Nov 6, 2019.

1. User_2357 Win User

Registry not taking effect?

I made some changes in the registry lately, but they still haven't taken effect. I rebooted my computer, changed permissions for the registry key, but they still don't work. I am very confused, this key has worked perfectly fine in the past, and I have no idea why it's not working now. I have two accounts on my computer, a guest account and an administrator account. I sometimes hack the registry to enable and disable my administrator account when my cousins come over (after all, I don't want them messing with my stuff and passwords don't stop them). I would go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SAM\SAM\Domains\Account\Users\000001F4 in regedit to do so, and then I changed the 11 value in 0038 to 10, and vice versa. It worked like a charm, but then I would have the problem of re-enabling the admin account, so I had to use the windows media creation tool to open command prompt and do it from there. And that's when the problem started, after I disabled my admin account I went back and changed the value like normal and then restarted my computer. I tried to log into my admin account and it said "your account has been disabled. Please contact your system administrator". So I went back and did it again. Same message. I went back and checked, but the value was still there. I tried to log in again. It still said the same message!

Please, someone tell me how to fix this. I really don't want to reset my computer if I don't have to.

(And that was also my only admin account. It was the built-in one too).

:)

User_2357, Nov 6, 2019
  2. budi Win User

Apply taking effect to a registry editing and modification by script

How to apply taking effect to a registry editing and modification by command line / script ?
    thanks in advance.

budi, Nov 6, 2019
  3. budi Win User
    How to take into effect to a registry editing by command line script

How to take into effect to a registry editing which modifies HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced, by command line / script ?
    anyone know how to take it into effect with restarting OS, or sign it out and login it back.. thanks in advance.

budi, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Registry not taking effect? - Similar Threads - Registry taking effect

2. How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...: Hello:I would like to change the display rotation via registry, such as...
  3. How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...: Hello:I would like to change the display rotation via registry, such as...
  4. How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Volume adjustments wont take effect.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume adjustments wont take effect.: Hello, a quick question and fix please. My volume button wont take effect on the actual audio, the sound keeps playing at probably 100 volume even if it is set to mute. I tried restarting windows explorer and running the troubleshooter....
  6. Changes using the Registry Editor won't take effect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changes using the Registry Editor won't take effect: [ATTACH] Hey guys, I got a problem with the registry editor. I want to set my keyboard response rate really low. In the screenshot you can see what I've changed it to. I think the repeat delay was 1000 before or something. Anyway I don't get any notification that there...
  7. How to make Registry changes take effect immediately without restart

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Registry changes take effect immediately without restart: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Registry Editor is an in-built utility that comes with the Windows 10 OS. It contains all the low-level hierarchical data configuration for the Windows 10 operating system, its kernel, drivers, the application programs installed on top of it and [...]...
  8. Apply taking effect to a registry editing and modification by script

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apply taking effect to a registry editing and modification by script: How to apply taking effect to a registry editing and modification by command line / script ? thanks in advance. 102387
  9. How to take into effect to a registry editing by command line script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to take into effect to a registry editing by command line script: How to take into effect to a registry editing which modifies HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced, by command line / script ? anyone know how to take it into effect with restarting OS, or sign it out and login it back.. thanks in...
  10. Settings aren't taking effect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Settings aren't taking effect: Basically I'm trying to get rid of the delay between pressing a key and being able to use the mouse. When I pressing keys I can't use the mouse at the same time - there is a short delay until the touchpad kicks into action. Very annoying when playing games. I fixed it before,...