Windows 10: Registry Save

Discus and support Registry Save in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I made an export save of my Registry Win 10, on opening regedit clicking import, a caption stated it failed due to not all files where saved. Am I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bairn_966, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Bairn_966 Win User

Registry Save

I made an export save of my Registry Win 10, on opening regedit clicking import, a caption stated it failed due to not all files where saved. Am I doing something wrong? or what is causing this. All help will be appreciate.

:)

Bairn_966, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Sep 7, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Changes made in Registry, Services or Settings not saving

Hi, suggestions:
    1. Disable Fast startup.
    How do I enable or disable fast startup?

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes.

2. There have been cases where an old version 3rd party program has caused settings to revert on rebooting. E.g. winzip, albeit when setting file type association defaults.
    3. Registry permissions problems.
    You could try Tweaking.com's free cautious repair tool, selecting only the relevant registry permissions repair.

You might also compare results when working in Safe Mode.

For more: Google search
    registry change revert on reboot
    gives many results.

dalchina, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Registry Save

Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Registry Save

1. Registry Save - Similar Threads - Registry Save

2. How to disable Save Password option in Edge using Registry Editor on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Save Password option in Edge using Registry Editor on Windows 10: This post will guide you on how to disable the Save Password option in Microsoft Edge using Registry Editor. Microsoft Edge is among the popular web browsers and comes with a built-in Password Manager. If you use Edge, you might have seen a popup asking you to save your...
  3. HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry change does not save in Audit Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry change does not save in Audit Mode: I am preparing a Lenovo Flex 4 laptop for Windows Out of Box Experience (OOBE). Looks like Lenovo's default touchpad driver configuration is misconfigured such that two finger tap (right click) does not work. I found setting the registry under...
  4. reconnect orphaned applications via saved registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reconnect orphaned applications via saved registry: Hi, New member here. I have a ten yr old HP Pavilion desktop running winver 2004. I saved the old registry after some apps started to get really flaky. I saved all the Program Files, Program Files(x86) and Users\appdta. Then I tried rescue, that failed. then I bought newest...
  5. Where are the settings for Windows Mail and Calendar saved in the Registry Editor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where are the settings for Windows Mail and Calendar saved in the Registry Editor?: I need help locating the settings in the registry editor for Windows Mail and Calendar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-the-settings-for-windows-mail-and/03bc6e81-ffce-415f-b443-40c02d1fff0e
  6. Where is the registry location for saving windows audio slider adjustments stored?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is the registry location for saving windows audio slider adjustments stored?: I am trying to find the registry location for windows 10 audio slider because windows 10 keeps resetting the audio slider for certian applications and blasting my ears. So i want to go into registry and change permissions on them and permanently lock the values to a specific...
  7. reg save -> ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value Registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reg save -> ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value Registry: I would like to save/backup all registry entries that accumulate over a while in a certain part of the registry. Ultimately, I would to have that done more or less automatically with a batch file triggered by the Task Scheduler So far I have tried in the command window which...
  8. Windows 10 Pro 64 with administrators rights - cannot import saved registry file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro 64 with administrators rights - cannot import saved registry file: I made an export from regedit to have as a back-up. I then made som changes to the registry that were not successful. I then decided to import the back-up registry to get beck to where I started but got an error message at the end of the import process that said: translated...
  9. Registry Edits Causing Folder Settings To Not Save And Other Weird Behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registry Edits Causing Folder Settings To Not Save And Other Weird Behavior: After modifying the registry to remove the "3D Objects" Folder from view when browing the "This PC" menu, I started to notice weird quirks with files in general. First I was unable to rename folders, which I fixed by using the folder protocol associations" file found on this...
  10. Changes made in Registry, Services or Settings not saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Changes made in Registry, Services or Settings not saving: I'm having some issues making changes in Windows 10 Home, whenever I make a change in services, for example disabling the Windows Update service, I can reboot the device and it has changed back to manual. Same thing happens for the time service, if I change it to automatic...