Windows 10: Registry Save

Discus and support Registry Save in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I made an export save of my Registry Win 10, on opening regedit clicking import, a caption stated it failed due to not all files where saved. Am I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bairn_966, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Bairn_966 Win User

Registry Save

I made an export save of my Registry Win 10, on opening regedit clicking import, a caption stated it failed due to not all files where saved. Am I doing something wrong? or what is causing this. All help will be appreciate.

:)

Bairn_966, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Sep 7, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Changes made in Registry, Services or Settings not saving

Hi, suggestions:
    1. Disable Fast startup.
    How do I enable or disable fast startup?

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes.

2. There have been cases where an old version 3rd party program has caused settings to revert on rebooting. E.g. winzip, albeit when setting file type association defaults.
    3. Registry permissions problems.
    You could try Tweaking.com's free cautious repair tool, selecting only the relevant registry permissions repair.

You might also compare results when working in Safe Mode.

For more: Google search
    registry change revert on reboot
    gives many results.

dalchina, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Registry Save

Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Registry Save

1. Registry Save - Similar Threads - Registry Save

2. Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry: Hello everyone, I'm trying to change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's through the registry keys in regedit. I had been trying but I couldn't find the right key in the right folder....
  3. Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry: Hello everyone, I'm trying to change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's through the registry keys in regedit. I had been trying but I couldn't find the right key in the right folder....
  4. Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature via Windows Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature via Windows Registry: I am looking to find out how to disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature via Windows Registry. I want to eventually run a script via Intune to edit the registry key that will disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature on multiple...
  6. How to disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature via Windows Registry

How to disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature via Windows Registry: I am looking to find out how to disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature via Windows Registry. I want to eventually run a script via Intune to edit the registry key that will disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature on multiple...
  7. Windows 10 doesn't save registry changes on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesn't save registry changes on reboot: I just set up a new computer for a network work station.. Initially it was saving everything to 'One Drive' so I disconnected from One DriveTo make Paradox work, I have to edit the registry to set the working directory and the private directory for Paradox.Every time I...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't save registry changes on reboot

Windows 10 doesn't save registry changes on reboot: I just set up a new computer for a network work station.. Initially it was saving everything to 'One Drive' so I disconnected from One DriveTo make Paradox work, I have to edit the registry to set the working directory and the private directory for Paradox.Every time I...
  9. Windows 10 doesn't save registry changes on reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows 10 Save registry changes from prompt in recovery mode

Windows 10 Save registry changes from prompt in recovery mode: Hi everybody.I messed up my Win10 installation by simply delete a registry key...I was trying to test an old Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-TD-500. When I tried to install the drivers I had the first problems because it wasn't detected by the installer. In fact in the devices list it...