Windows 10: Registry Setting for Taskbar Height?? Windows 10.. mine keeps resetting every time i start...

Discus and support Registry Setting for Taskbar Height?? Windows 10.. mine keeps resetting every time i start... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, Hopefully someone can help me out. .I am really frustrated with my taskbar right now and have no idea how to fix it. I have my taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dj3642a, May 8, 2019.

1. dj3642a Win User

Registry Setting for Taskbar Height?? Windows 10.. mine keeps resetting every time i start...

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me out. .I am really frustrated with my taskbar right now and have no idea how to fix it. I have my taskbar settings set for the height to be 2 levels… BUT every time I start up my PC.. it is set back to 1 level and I have to redo it every time. .is there a registry setting I can go in and correct?? I am guessing something got corrupted and it keeps defaulting back to 1 level. Please help if you can.

:)

dj3642a, May 8, 2019
  2. stevenvh Win User

Windows 10 resets taskbar height to single row after restart

I set my taskbar to auto-hide and a height of two rows of icons/buttons. But each time I restart the PC the height is reset to one row. (Auto-hide is preserved.)<br>
    On another computer running the same Windows build (10.0.15063) the two row height is preserved between restarts.

Is there a fix for this, registry or otherwise? I already checked "Taskbar settings", but to no avail.

stevenvh, May 8, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

theres a windows 10 tweak thread started by w1zzard, i suggest keeping all the tweaks in there.

Mussels, May 8, 2019
  4. Registry Setting for Taskbar Height?? Windows 10.. mine keeps resetting every time i start...

Taskbar changes height when toolbars have icons set to "Large"

There has been an issue with the Windows taskbar which drives me crazy. It has been a problem since Windows XP and the "skinning" of the underlying user interface controls. It still persists in Windows 10.

When using a Toolbar on the Taskbar and the icon size is set to "small", the clickable targets are smaller than the vertical height of the taskbar. No problem, right? Either make the taskbar icon set to "small" as well and the clickable target area matches.

But what if I like the large buttons to click on? Setting the Toolbar (not taskbar!) icons to Large causes the taskbar vertical height to increase. This is fine for the Toolbar, but the application icons in the Taskbar now have an unclickable space beneath
    them. See image below (not my image... found online when trying to find a solution to this.)

Registry Setting for Taskbar Height?? Windows 10.. mine keeps resetting every time i start... 6f777bb5-ca6a-4272-baa3-52616c5b675b.png

This doesn't happen in Windows 7 when using the "Windows Classic" scheme... so the problem must derive from the Aero skinning of the taskbar.

To recreate:

• Right click on the taskbar and Unlock it.
    • Ensure taskbar is set to "large icons" mode from Taskbar properties dialog box.
    • Right click an empty area of the taskbar and create a new Toolbar.
    • Right click on the label of the toolbar and choose View > Large Icons
    This wouldn't necessarily be an issue if the clickable region of the Application Icons was the full vertical height of the visible taskbar. It also wouldn't be an issue if the Toolbar "Large Icons" setting didn't have icons bigger than the Application Icons.

If there is a registry hack or other solution PLEASE let me know! I have had this problem with Toolbars since Windows XP, and the Toolbars are essential to my workflow.

Thanks!

spiffyfitz, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Registry Setting for Taskbar Height?? Windows 10.. mine keeps resetting every time i start...

1. Registry Setting for Taskbar Height?? Windows 10.. mine keeps resetting every time i start... - Similar Threads - Registry Setting Taskbar

2. Taskbar height

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar height: The large taskbar is ugly. When in Windows 11 will we be able to have the small one we had in Windows 10. I don't need date and time - just time is fine. As mentioned elsewhere, removing it was a retrograde step....
  3. Taskbar height

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar height: The large taskbar is ugly. When in Windows 11 will we be able to have the small one we had in Windows 10. I don't need date and time - just time is fine. As mentioned elsewhere, removing it was a retrograde step....
  4. Resetting Windows 10 Registry and Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting Windows 10 Registry and Settings: Is there any way to reset the windows 10 registry and settings without damaging it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-windows-10-registry-and-settings/d7543bb6-033e-4d01-9ad7-919456a28d25
  5. Resetting Windows 10 Registry and Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting Windows 10 Registry and Settings: Is there any way to reset the windows 10 registry and settings without damaging it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-windows-10-registry-and-settings/d7543bb6-033e-4d01-9ad7-919456a28d25
  6. Resetting Windows 10 Registry and Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. What registry key contains taskbar height

in Windows 10 Support
    What registry key contains taskbar height: I like my Win10 taskbar to be 3 rows high (3 rows of icons). Every time a Windows Update is applied, the height of the taskbar reverts to 1 row high. This is only one of many settings that gets reverted back to some default value. I change several settings related to desktop...
  8. Double height on taskbar resets on every reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double height on taskbar resets on every reboot: I like to have my taskbar on double height and auto-hiding. But after every reboot, it gets set back to single height. Locking the taskbar in the registry doesn't help. I have scanned my current version for corrupted files and found none. In the past, it was never a...
  9. Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart: Ever since I downloaded the Windows update back in late February my settings were reset to default and every time I shut down and restart my computer the settings revert back to default again so I have to redo all my default programs like chrome rather than edge and adobe...
  10. Windows 10 DPI Settings Reset Every Time I Shutdown

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 DPI Settings Reset Every Time I Shutdown: Hi there, I'm having a problem with the DPI settings on my laptop since around October. My aim that I hope you can help me achieve is to have no scaling factor set (i.e. DPI scaling at 100%). Every time I restart my laptop the factor sets to 125%. I am able to move it down...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 resets taskbar height to single row after restart

2. taskbar height registry

3. windows taskbar height setting in registry

4. registry edit for win 10 taskbar height,
  5. registry fix for task bar reduces by one row