Windows 10: Registry settings for ELAN pad reset on restart

Discus and support Registry settings for ELAN pad reset on restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, The settings windows for my ELAN pad is empty. When I change the registry settings then the entrys are visible, but after restarting windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mbartelt, Aug 13, 2015.

1. mbartelt Win User

Registry settings for ELAN pad reset on restart

Hi,

The settings windows for my ELAN pad is empty. When I change the registry settings then the entrys are visible, but after restarting windows these settings were reset and th window is empty again. What to do, to prevent these changes?

:)

mbartelt, Aug 13, 2015
  2. JTN11021 Win User

Touchpad won't work while typing

Please help. I just got a Lenovo Ideapad Laptop with Windows 10. Every time I try to hold down a key it disables to touch pad. This makes it really hard to game. I have an ELAN touch pad. I've tried EVERYTHING. I've disabled PalmTracking, I've went into
    the ELAN registry and set all values to 0 for PalmTracking. Nothing works. My driver version is: ELAN Touchpad 11.4.95.1_X64_WHQL

JTN11021, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Elbert K Win User
    asus multivinger smart touchpad doesnt work with windows 10

I had elan Multi vinger for the smart pad touch. It was working after a restart., but couldnot open de application anymore to go into the settings.

No i have removed elan and I use the already installed windows software.

It is working beter then with Elan as Elan reacted very slow.

So for me the problem is solved

Elbert K, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Registry settings for ELAN pad reset on restart

Had the same problem. Remove the driver and ElanTech Software in "Control Panel-> Programs and features".
    Download the driver and edit the ETDSetup.ini before installing. Under the "SmartPad UI Default Section - Win10"-section should be the lines you need to edit. Now it is ready to be installed. If you want my modified ETDSetup.ini PN me.

skumifusen, Aug 18, 2015
  5. Sorry, i am not allowed PM-reply to you, as i have less than 5 post counts, so i make my reply here.

Just download the ElanTech driver (i have 15.14.1.1), unpack it and edit the ETDSetup.ini.
    Configuration for Win10 can made from line 1268 "[ETD_SmartPadUI_Win10.AddReg]".
    There is a lot of setting that can be made, but i basically just edited from line 1338 ";tap"-section. Modifying "*ShowItem" from 0 to 1 will make the function visible in the Control Center. "Enable" from 0 to 1 will enable the function and (%CONTEXT_MENU%, %MIDDLEBUTTON% etc.) will set the kind of function.

Code: ; Tap HKLM,%ServiceRoot%"\Elantech\SmartPad",Tap_Enable,%REG_DWORD%,1 HKLM,%ServiceRoot%"\Elantech\SmartPad",Tap_T1_Time,%REG_DWORD%,200 HKLM,%ServiceRoot%"\Elantech\SmartPad",Tap_Activate_Enable,%REG_DWORD%,1 HKLM,%ServiceRoot%"\Elantech\SmartPad",Tap_One_Finger_Enable,%REG_DWORD%,1 HKLM,%ServiceRoot%"\Elantech\SmartPad",Tap_Two_Finger_ShowItem,%REG_DWORD%,1 HKLM,%ServiceRoot%"\Elantech\SmartPad",Tap_Two_Finger_Enable,%REG_DWORD%,1 HKLM,%ServiceRoot%"\Elantech\SmartPad",Tap_Two_Finger,%REG_DWORD%,%MIDDLEBUTTON% HKLM,%ServiceRoot%"\Elantech\SmartPad",Tap_Two_Finger_Ex,%REG_SZ%, HKLM,%ServiceRoot%"\Elantech\SmartPad",Tap_Two_Finger_Path,%REG_SZ%, HKLM,%ServiceRoot%"\Elantech\SmartPad",Tap_Three_Finger_ShowItem,%REG_DWORD%,1 HKLM,%ServiceRoot%"\Elantech\SmartPad",Tap_Three_Finger_Enable,%REG_DWORD%,1 HKLM,%ServiceRoot%"\Elantech\SmartPad",Tap_Three_Finger,%REG_DWORD%,%CONTEXT_MENU% HKLM,%ServiceRoot%"\Elantech\SmartPad",Tap_Three_Finger_Ex,%REG_SZ%, HKLM,%ServiceRoot%"\Elantech\SmartPad",Tap_Three_Finger_Path,%REG_SZ%, HKLM,%ServiceRoot%"\Elantech\SmartPad",Tap2FunStaticText,%REG_DWORD%,1[/quote] As you see three finger tapping opens the context menu for me and two fingers emulate the middle mouse button function.

skumifusen, Aug 18, 2015
  6. mbartelt Win User
    Thanks. Looked into several Version 15 drivers and no one has the ID of my touchpad. But I found a ELAN driver 11.5.19.2 with Asus Smart Gesture and this worked fine.

Manfred

mbartelt, Aug 19, 2015
  7. For touchpads you can try force install drivers in device manager, even if the hardware id's don't match, most drivers will still work. Even synaptics or logitech mouse drivers do work for me. I tried Asus Smart Gestures and i didn't have much options, like changing twofinger-tap function etc. But as long everything works just like the way you want, everything is fine.

skumifusen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Registry settings for ELAN pad reset on restart

1. Registry settings for ELAN pad reset on restart - Similar Threads - Registry settings ELAN

2. Resetting Windows 10 Registry and Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting Windows 10 Registry and Settings: Is there any way to reset the windows 10 registry and settings without damaging it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-windows-10-registry-and-settings/d7543bb6-033e-4d01-9ad7-919456a28d25
  3. Resetting Windows 10 Registry and Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting Windows 10 Registry and Settings: Is there any way to reset the windows 10 registry and settings without damaging it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-windows-10-registry-and-settings/d7543bb6-033e-4d01-9ad7-919456a28d25
  4. Resetting Windows 10 Registry and Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. News Feeds Registry Key Resets after restart

News Feeds Registry Key Resets after restart: In a previous question I asked how to completely disable the news feeds from the task bar because my son new how to reenable it and was blowing a lot of time looking at news articles.I can open his profile on the computer, open regedit, and then edit the...
  6. Resetting registry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resetting registry: So I was trying to move my downloads and documents folder from my OneDrive folder to another location on my SSD. I tried this method but it didn't work. I forgot to make a backup of my registry files before I made these changes. Now, some of my applications, like Steam, and...
  7. Resetting Registry

Resetting Registry: I've wanted to reset my registry, but for some reason it gave me an error and a couple keys didn't change back to their standard values. I'm using windows 10, 2004 and was wondering if i could get a screenshot of this specific key and it's default values. Since i couldn't...
  8. Reverse Elan Smart-Pad scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reverse Elan Smart-Pad scrolling: Hello, my Elan smart-pad scrolling is moving down when i scroll up, so i went to the settings but the buttons is disabled in the scrolling tab [ATTACH] NOTE: I tried to change "SC_Reverse_Enable" in the registry editor and it uncheck the box but it doesn't make any...
  9. Elan touchpad settings tab missing.

Elan touchpad settings tab missing.: Hello, I just bought a new Lenovo L340 notebook with Windows 10. It has an Elan touchpad. For some reason, the touchpad has a dedicated area for right click (on the very right). I find this pointless as the touchpad has the two-finger right click option. I wanted to...
  10. ELAN Smart-Pad MultiFingers Settings gone after installing Windows 10 latest update

ELAN Smart-Pad MultiFingers Settings gone after installing Windows 10 latest update: Hello, I have been having problems with my ELAN Smart-Pad after installing the latest windows 10 (1809), I can't find the swipe desktop options of four fingers any more : see the picture. [ATTACH] Although I was using normally before when I had the 1709 version of win...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elan touchpad registry settings

2. elan registry settings reset

3. elan touchpad ui corrupts registry

4. restart touchpad remove registry,
  5. elan registry settings