Windows 10: Registry settings in Regedit

Discus and support Registry settings in Regedit in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to get copyprofile to work on the Creator's version of Windows 10. I have been using registry settings to get it the way I want it. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulaJava, Jun 28, 2018.

1. PaulaJava Win User

Registry settings in Regedit

I am unable to get copyprofile to work on the Creator's version of Windows 10. I have been using registry settings to get it the way I want it.

This is probably a silly request but I want to find it. Typically in my custom default profile, I open regedit to a full window and stretch the first column to the next column. I do this of myself and other IT folk we support, one less thing for us to do when working on a computer. Anyone know where that might be located? *Tongue

:)

PaulaJava, Jun 28, 2018

2. Need oblivion registry and a couple other things...

Solaris, try this out:

(Make sure you are installing it on an Administrator account, not local user)

1.) Copy any saved games that you want to keep to a new folder (create a new folder and copy or move C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves folder into it using Explorer)

2.) Copy and save any Mods that you want to keep (Or as a better alternative redownload the mods that you want to install - this will ensure that you get clean installs of them also including any updates since the last install)

3.) Set a system restore Point - To do this: Go to START - Help and support - Under "Pick a Task", select "Undo changes to your computer with SYSTEM RESTORE", then check create a restore point and follow the steps. (this is just in case something goes wrong you can restore your system to this point - should not be needed but better safe than sorry)

** Note for steps 4 through 9 if the file or folder is not there skip to the next step **

4.) Go to Add/remove programs and uninstall Oblivion (If it shows on the list). If the add/remove procedure results in an error - skip to the next step and continue as it will still remove the game with the remaining steps.

5.) After or If the uninstall finishes go to Start - Run - type regedit - hit Enter - click on the + sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, click on the + sign next to SOFTWARE, click on the + sign next to BETHESDA SOFTWORKS, right click on Oblivion (if it is still there) and then delete.

6.)Now still in Regedit find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{35CB6715-41F8-4F99-8881-6FC75BF054B0} and delete it the same way you deleted oblivion in the last step.(If it is still there - this is the uninstall key for add\remove programs)

7.)close regedit.

8.)Go into explorer find the C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder (if it is still there) and delete it.

9.)find the folder C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Games\Oblivion (Substitute your username for USERNAME) and delete it (Again if it is still there)

By doing this it will delete all traces of the game from your computer .

If deleting the stuff from the registry doesn't work or you're still getting uninstallation errors, one way to get around it is to go into Safe Mode and run the setup.exe file from the disc. That was the only way I could install this game onto my old P4....

Do post if you need more help (I'm an avid Oblivion-er!) *Big Grin Registry settings in Regedit :D

This is how it all appears in my reg, but I don't know if it's this that you're asking for?

Black Panther, Jun 28, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Registry settings in Regedit

Regedit long path crash while searching the registry on Windows 10.0.10586

Regedit long path crash while searching the registry on Windows 10.0.10586

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start regedit and search Computer for some text that will not be found, e.g. “sssssssss”.

Or to reproduce it faster, first navigate to the problematic path:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1205654841-424901404-837385954-1001\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\Repository\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6868.41111.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Once regedit reaches the path above, the search will never end.

Note: On older versions of Windows, it will just ignore this,

continue and finish the search.

2. Wait between 5-10 minutes. Otherwise the issue will not be reproduced.

3. If regedit is still searching, cancel the search.

4. regedit will crash and restart.

Operating system affected:

Windows 10.0.10586

Operating system not affected:

Windows 10 build 10240

the_boss_gfc, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

Registry settings in Regedit

1. Registry settings in Regedit - Similar Threads - Registry settings Regedit

2. allowtelemetry regedit settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    allowtelemetry regedit settings: hey so my allowtelemetry settings is set to 0 and is it safe to change it to 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allowtelemetry-regedit-settings/7dead633-428e-4152-9405-914689af02a9
  3. Cannot import registry key into regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot import registry key into regedit: When i try to import .reg file into regedit it says that file is not .reg file,any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-import-registry-key-into-regedit/2607614e-56de-4287-9b37-58f70d495277
  4. Trouble removing registries in regedit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trouble removing registries in regedit: Hi For over a year now I've noticed that my chrome is being "managed". I have no idea what this is and noticed about 8 months ago that an extension I used before has been sold and some redirect virus plugged into it. Once I found out 1-2 days I immediately deleted it and...
  5. Is the registry (regedit) "live?"

in Windows 10 Support
    Is the registry (regedit) "live?": Say I have regedit open and I make some changes on my system that affect the registry. Does regedit know about those changes, or do I have to stop and restart regedit? 167611
  6. Question about Windows 10 registry/regedit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Windows 10 registry/regedit: I recently combined a registry file, what will happen if i combine it one more time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-windows-10-registryregedit/ad7352da-e5d3-4082-bb19-47e9226d396c
  7. Accidently deleted a registry key in Regedit

Accidently deleted a registry key in Regedit: I accidently deleted a registry key value located in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection. I was attempting to delete one that I had previously created earlier this evening for another attempted fix (AllowTelemetry). The deleted item...
  8. "regedit" not showing all keys, Hidden Registry entries

"regedit" not showing all keys, Hidden Registry entries: I just try software and Windows get broken and startup fail. By the software FAQ guide, they say to copy SYSTEM registry hive to another PC and load it, then do 8 steps to remove their driver and service. On problematic machine this key wasn't visible, but on other same...
  9. Regedit crashes during registry searches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regedit crashes during registry searches: When I run a regedit search I am guaranteed that regedit will get stuck every single time while displaying the "Searching the registry" message box. When I eventually click the cancel button, I get the message that regedit has stopped working. I can repeat ad-nauseum, even...
  10. Exporting registry with regedit "hangs"

in Windows 10 Support
    Exporting registry with regedit "hangs": I have recently noticed that exporting my registry "hangs" forever. I did a little investigation and found that there appears to be a looping entry into the exported registry keys:...