Windows 10: Registry Settings Revert after Reboot

Discus and support Registry Settings Revert after Reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Because the advanced appearance settings in win10 were omitted I manually tweaked the registry. After log off or reboot they (the registry) assume the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BLUEPUPIL, Sep 26, 2017.

1. BLUEPUPIL Win User

Registry Settings Revert after Reboot

Because the advanced appearance settings in win10 were omitted I manually tweaked the registry. After log off or reboot they (the registry) assume the default state. Now I'm pretty desperate and in fragile mental condition. But I'm here now and know that You'll came up with a solution. P.S. Please forgive my unbearable use of english article.

:)

BLUEPUPIL, Sep 26, 2017
  2. rml123 Win User

Something keeps resetting proxy settings

Hi

I have run malwarebytes and it found a trojan .../appdata/roaming/temp.exe which it removed. I have also edited the registry to set
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Internet Settings\ProxyEnable
    to 0 and removed HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Internet Settings\ProxyServer

However after a reboot it just reverts back to proxy server again and in the registry ProxyEnable has reverted 1 and ProxyServer is back to 127.0.0.1:8655.

rml123, Sep 26, 2017
  3. SLGnagy Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade font problems

Even after reverting to Windows 8.1 - after a shut down and reboot, font problems return. Something with the update to 10 totally screwed the fonts registry entry, and it seems to be cascading in the system.

SLGnagy, Sep 26, 2017
  4. LMiller7 Win User

In what key or keys are these settings found?

LMiller7, Sep 26, 2017
  5. BLUEPUPIL Win User
    =HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors=; =HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Colors=; =HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics= The same goes when font sizes were changed by Personalization option. Maybe there are some defense features which I don't know how to turn off.

BLUEPUPIL, Sep 26, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I modify these, and from Win 8 onwards have these consistently applied.

What I found was that the colours I applied were lost after resuming from sleep or hibernation.
    I came up with a slightly complex fix, which is documented in a thread on this forum, which basically means saving the theme (with colours applied) and reapplying that theme using a scheduled task which runs after resuming.

It took some time to work out how to do that.

You might also like to explore Superfly's SMACC utility
    S.M.A.C.C - Superfly's Mouse Assisted Color Chooser - Windows 10 Forums
    which goes some way to proving some of the missing advanced display settings.

Registry Settings Revert after Reboot [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Registry Settings Revert after Reboot - Similar Threads - Registry Settings Revert

2. Registry setting keeps reverting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry setting keeps reverting: We don't use UAC and I normally turn off when I build the machines.but I also have a script that runs New-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system -Name EnableLUA -PropertyType DWord -Value 0 -ForceWe have also had issues with usb...
  3. Registry setting keeps reverting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry setting keeps reverting: We don't use UAC and I normally turn off when I build the machines.but I also have a script that runs New-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system -Name EnableLUA -PropertyType DWord -Value 0 -ForceWe have also had issues with usb...
  4. Registry setting keeps reverting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reboot overrides registry setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reboot overrides registry setting: How do I keep windows 10 update 2020 from overriding my HID-compliant touch screen registry setting on reboot? I had to set it to off because the update made my mouse move by itself....
  6. Registry change keeps reverting back after restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Registry change keeps reverting back after restart.: so my laptop has a popping sound problem and I fix it by using this method, I change all the registry value to 00 from the default 05. it keeps the registry value when I use shut down but it keeps reverting back to default (05) if I use a restart or if there's a windows...
  7. Registry Resets values after reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry Resets values after reboot.: So I've had this issue the entire time that I've had this computer. The first issue was that my speakers would make a loud pop before audio and a loud pop after audio. And to fix it what I did was go into system registry, go to...
  8. Registry folder removed after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registry folder removed after reboot: Hi everyone, I am using Windows 10 and I have the problem that a specific directory inside my registry disappears after reboot. I am currently playing a game Starsector that uses the registry to store my serial key and all options I change inside the game. All those...
  9. changes to registry revert after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    changes to registry revert after reboot: I need to make changes in HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\. I am able to do that with Regedit or with importing a .reg file. The change is made. I reboot, and the Registry key is back to what it was before the change. I have changed the ownership of the key to myself....
  10. System reverts to default power settings on reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    System reverts to default power settings on reboot.: Hi, I run a HTPC in my front room and this hosts all my media, so other devices on the network can access it. Due to this, I need to prevent the computer from going to sleep, so other computers can still access the media. I keep changing the balanced power plan to 'screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. registry changes revert after reboot

2. if i modify registry with proxy settings will it change after reboot?

3. WindowMetrics reset sometime

4. intenet sharing goes off after reboot registry,
  5. Windows 10 registry changes revert back after reboot,
  6. registry key UserSwitch revert reset after reboot,
  7. changes to device names in regedit revert after reboot,
  8. registry key change after reset,
  9. windows 10 windowsupdate registry keys return after reboot ,
  10. after modify registry changes are lost,
  11. change registry key reverts when i reboot,
  12. how to revert all registry settings after reboot,
  13. registry entries reverted after reboot,
  14. windows 10 registry settings revert after reboot,