Windows 10: Registry. Stop touchpad driver changing setting upon restarting laptop

Discus and support Registry. Stop touchpad driver changing setting upon restarting laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an asus ux303ua and am trying to sort out issues with the touchpad. I have discovered some settings in the registry that may help solve my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/greencyclist, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Registry. Stop touchpad driver changing setting upon restarting laptop

I have an asus ux303ua and am trying to sort out issues with the touchpad.

I have discovered some settings in the registry that may help solve my problem. But... whenever I restart my laptop the registry gets reset back to how it was before I changed the touchpad settings. Presumably something is resetting the registry upon startup. Could it be the driver ?

Is there a way to stop some registry settings being changed? Is there a way to lock individual settings in registry?

Thanks for any help

submitted by /u/greencyclist
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/greencyclist, Jul 26, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jul 26, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Changing Touchpad Settings but changes aren't taking effect

Hi, HP Probook 450 G6 - drivers page:
    https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers...ok-pc/23201167

This is what you should have:

Registry. Stop touchpad driver changing setting upon restarting laptop [​IMG]

and you can compare the driver version with what you have.

I suggest you download that, uninstall the touchpad drivers you have, choosing to delete them.
    Then disconnect /disable the internet to prevent new ones being downloaded, restart, and install that one.
    Then try your touchpad.

If all is ok, you may need to stop Windows update updating them.

Did this problem perhaps arise after upgrading to 2004? Note that an increasing number of problems are being found with this- in particular, if your laptop has a SSD drive, trim will be being run perhaps multiple times a day - not good.

Fix:

dalchina, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Josie23 Win User

Registry. Stop touchpad driver changing setting upon restarting laptop

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Josie23, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Registry. Stop touchpad driver changing setting upon restarting laptop

1. Registry. Stop touchpad driver changing setting upon restarting laptop - Similar Threads - Registry Stop touchpad

2. Touchpad stopped working and no setting for it anywhere.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad stopped working and no setting for it anywhere.: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 running windows 11. The touchpad was fine until I turned the laptop on this morning. The touchpad registers nothing. I can only use my keyboard to get around. I cannot find any touchpad settings, not even in device manager. So uninstalling and...
  3. Touchpad stopped working and no setting for it anywhere.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad stopped working and no setting for it anywhere.: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 running windows 11. The touchpad was fine until I turned the laptop on this morning. The touchpad registers nothing. I can only use my keyboard to get around. I cannot find any touchpad settings, not even in device manager. So uninstalling and...
  4. Default Drivers reset upon restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Drivers reset upon restart: Hello,At random, my default audio and recording devices SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro and Blue Yeti will be switched out without my input. This has become extremely infurating and has resulted in me becoming late to several online conferences due to my computer suddenly...
  5. Default Drivers reset upon restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Drivers reset upon restart: Hello,At random, my default audio and recording devices SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro and Blue Yeti will be switched out without my input. This has become extremely infurating and has resulted in me becoming late to several online conferences due to my computer suddenly...
  6. Windows resetting personal settings upon restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows resetting personal settings upon restart: Recently I've been having trouble with Windows resetting my personalized settings upon restarting my PC. Things like my wallpaper and app locations stay the same but it's been disabling my ClearType and some other personalization settings like displaying thumbnails and...
  7. Search flyout changing upon restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Search flyout changing upon restart: Hello all, Why does the search fly out always change itself after reboot? Note, please the built in the upper right corner, as well the icons of the built-in apps. No logic at all... This seems very strange to me. Has anyone noticed that or it's just something wrong in my...
  8. Windows 10. TouchPad settings not available for generic touchpad. Trying change in registry

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10. TouchPad settings not available for generic touchpad. Trying change in registry: I have a fusion5 windows tablet with a keyboard case. Its a "wired" keyboard with touchpad connected via 5 pins. Th touchpad is not detected as a touchpad and windows 10 uses generic mouse drivers, so I don't have access to touchpad settings. Its not a synaptic or elan...
  9. Change settings on Laptop touchpad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change settings on Laptop touchpad?: I want to make it more difficult for my screen to change to another screen, or get rid of hovering, so I need to change touchpad or keyboard sensitivity. Now I can't find the place to do that on my Windows-based laptop. Any ideas?...
  10. need to change registry settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    need to change registry settings: I can't set my network as metered connection. I wanna know how to set registry I am using fresh install of Windows 10 pro. I wanna know from step 1. Sorry for wrong English....