Windows 10: Registry strange behavior in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\...

Discus and support Registry strange behavior in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried to clear all contents of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts then set security permission to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by budi, Dec 29, 2017.

1. budi Win User

Registry strange behavior in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\...

I tried to clear all contents of
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts
    then set security permission to logger user name () to be clear from:

• create key
    • set value
    and let it inherently apply to all keys under it

But it responds with icons flickering / blinking very often
    so I undo the security setting.. but while keeping on registry browsing under this key I came across:

• The jpg filetype key and userchoice key were created
    • On userchoice key the logging user () ACL was created, and
    • It's set to DENY on SET VALUE !

Registry strange behavior in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\... [​IMG]

Is it windows 10 behavior or an intruder's been screwing up ?
    Please help me.. many thanks in advance

:)

2. Strange behavior

The discussion about mobile phones and radiation is already a few years ongoing.

But that doesn't explain the behavior of my mobile phone.

The random "micro wave" radiation which causes a lot of heat on the skin and drains the batteries in a few minutes is likely to be caused by a program.

A program which seems to activate some frequenties which are not activated in normal use.

Old_crow---01, Dec 29, 2017
  3. CJLim Win User
    CJLim, Dec 29, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Why? that's your file associations and registered file types.

I suggest if you have a system restore point you use that to reverse whatever you've done.

dalchina, Dec 31, 2017
  5. I agree with @dalchina!

Since Windows 7, Microsoft has added a new registry subkey, named “UserChoice”, to certain file extensions under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts, and the contents of the UserChoice subkey dictate the default application for opening the file type. The contents of the UserChoice subkey are protected from modification by a Deny permission applied to the current user’s account.

If you don't have system restore point to restore changes you have done then follow instructions below to replace registry hives with backup versions.

Windows Vista/ 7/8/8.1/10 keep a regular backup of the registry handy in case you need to overwrite a corrupted registry. By default, the RegIdleBackup task runs every 10 days, so that’s as far back as you would lose if you replaced the current registry with the automatically backed-up files. You can find the backed-up registry files in \Windows\System32\config\RegBack folder.

Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Please type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

Code: Dir C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack[/quote]
    Above command will list files stored within RegBack folder and there file size, make sure files are not zero size if they are do not follow below instructions.

Registry strange behavior in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\... [​IMG]

Please replace partition letter C: with Windows installed partition letter. When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

Please type below commands into Command Prompt and for each command you have typed press Enter key.

Code: Ren C:\windows\system32\config\SAM SAM.BAK Ren C:\windows\system32\config\SYSTEM SYSTEM.BAK Ren C:\windows\system32\config\SECURITY SECURITY.BAK Ren C:\windows\system32\config\DEFAULT DEFAULT.BAK Ren C:\windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE SOFTWARE.BAK Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SAM C:\windows\system32\config Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SYSTEM C:\windows\system32\config Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SECURITY C:\windows\system32\config Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\DEFAULT C:\windows\system32\config Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SOFTWARE C:\windows\system32\config[/quote]
    This procedure assumes that Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 is installed to the C:\ partition. Make sure to replace C:\ drive letter to the appropriate Windows OS installed partition drive letter if it is a different location.

Above commands renames the registry files at their existing location, and then copies the registry files from the RegBack folder to the C:\Windows\System32\Config folder.

FreeBooter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Registry strange behavior in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\... - Similar Threads - Registry strange behavior

2. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  3. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  4. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: [ATTACH] Windows Taskbar My Windows freezes and then my taskbar is replaced by the one above. This replacement "taskbar" is not accessible, and non of the task bar fixes I have tried off the internet will restore it. Only a system reboot restores the "original"...
  6. Strange keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange keyboard behavior: Running windows 10 64bit latest update 1909 Build 18363.778 Keyboard Microsoft Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard with the MS Mouse and Keyboard Tools Software installed. Physical Keyboard layout = German QWERTZ with german Umlauts OS language is set to English, I had the...
  7. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: Was browsing in Chrome, all of a sudden my scroll wheel on my mouse was disabled, and Windows was just making a clicking noise instead of scrolling the page. Closed everything, restarted, and got a weird blue screen asking if I wanted to Restore/Repair, etc. Restarted in...
  8. Strange laptop behavior...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Strange laptop behavior...: Lately my laptop has been acting very strange. Sometimes when I log in or restart my laptop when it opens the desktop background is the default, and I'm not logged into chrome. It is like I'm opening a new laptop. The files and music I download is gone and the games I have...
  9. A strange behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A strange behavior: Warning: The text of this question is made with Google Translate. I own a relatively new computer with Windows 10 Pro and Windows Insider Program. From the very beginning, every time I turn it on and reach the Windows lock screen, it does not detect any network connection,...
  10. strange behavior .....

in Windows 10 Support
    strange behavior .....: good morning I spent the weekend upgrading my PC's from win 7 to win 10. the 1st one had some issues after the upgrade, but most have been solved. 2 of the other 3 went fine and all seem to be working as expected. the last one, and the most important one, has lots of...