Windows 10: Registry value for ReleaseID not updated after Feature Update 21H1 installation

Discus and support Registry value for ReleaseID not updated after Feature Update 21H1 installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Updated my device to FU 21H1.Registry values does not seem to be updated correctlyComputer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LVadai.PaH, May 26, 2021.

1. Registry value for ReleaseID not updated after Feature Update 21H1 installation

Updated my device to FU 21H1.Registry values does not seem to be updated correctlyComputer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersionReleaseID 2009DisplayVersion 21H1BuildLab 19041.vb_release.191206-1406CurrentBuild 19043Our whole reporting system relies on ReleaseID variable that wasn't updatedanyone can confirm if this intended or a bug?

:)

LVadai.PaH, May 26, 2021
  2. evadernz Win User

iCloud for Windows will not work with Windows 10 (October 2018 update)

Try this solution that worked in my case (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1809)

1. Open Registry Editor: Win+R | regedit
    2. Navigate to the registry path: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
    3. Temporarily modify these 3 registry keys:
      • CurrentBuild set value to 17134 (instead of 17763)
      • CurrentBuildNumber set value to 17134 (instead of 17763)
      • ReleaseId set value to 1803 (instead of 1809)
    4. Install iCloud: iCloudSetup.exe | when finished, do not restart yet
    5. Restore initial values of the 3 keys (step 3)
    6. Restart PC and complete setup of iCloud
    For Windows 10 in 32-bit version, the path is: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

evadernz, May 26, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

Hmm .. need better steps to reproduce.

The installer adds a key with the install path to the registry, which is checked against and then that "Update GPU-Z" box is displayed.

W1zzard, May 26, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Registry value for ReleaseID not updated after Feature Update 21H1 installation

Introducing the next feature update to Windows 10 version 21H1

Source: Introducing the next feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 | Windows Experience Blog

See also: KB5000736 Windows 10 Insider Beta Channel Build 19043.844 (21H1)

Brink, May 26, 2021
Thema:

Registry value for ReleaseID not updated after Feature Update 21H1 installation

1. Registry value for ReleaseID not updated after Feature Update 21H1 installation - Similar Threads - Registry value ReleaseID

2. Registry value is not getting updated for the applied patch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry value is not getting updated for the applied patch: Microsoft SQL Server Obsolete Version: Authenticated vulnerability after the patching. the registry value wasn't changing after applying the MS Patch which is why it was still reflecting in the vulnerability but it should have been when the patch got applied....
  3. Registry value is not getting updated for the applied patch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry value is not getting updated for the applied patch: Microsoft SQL Server Obsolete Version: Authenticated vulnerability after the patching. the registry value wasn't changing after applying the MS Patch which is why it was still reflecting in the vulnerability but it should have been when the patch got applied....
  4. Windows 10 Feature Update version 21H1 is not updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Feature Update version 21H1 is not updating: I do not know the purpose of this update, I have tried to update it several times but it does not finish, it always says that there was a problem with the internal program. Can anybody help me?...
  5. Windows 10 Feature Update version 21H1 is not updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Feature Update version 21H1 is not updating: I do not know the purpose of this update, I have tried to update it several times but it does not finish, it always says that there was a problem with the internal program. Can anybody help me?...
  6. Windows 10 Feature Update version 21H1 is not updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Feature update 21H1 went missing

Feature update 21H1 went missing: Windows update alerted me to a feature update 21H1. I read about it and thought, well, why not. I clicked on it and appeared to start installing. But then it seemed to be over pretty quickly. I rebooted just in case it needed that. However, I checked 'System' and it said I...
  8. An Update AFTER 21H1

An Update AFTER 21H1: Check for Updates There is a .NET Cumulative update AFTER 21H1, KB4601554. Requires a Restart Cheers, Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-update-after-21h1/c0773638-8276-420a-8b56-a00bad3d359e
  9. Windows Insider Program feature update not updating to 21H1

Windows Insider Program feature update not updating to 21H1: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x800706be...
  10. Groove Music not working after 1809 Update, invalid value for registry.

Groove Music not working after 1809 Update, invalid value for registry.: After my 1st generation Surface Pro successfully upgraded to 1809, I did an update to 1809 via USB stick that I created via the Media Creation tool on my main desktop PC yesterday. However, when I try to play my music on my desktop, Groove won't start at all. Not even...