Windows 10: Registry

Discus and support Registry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Registry is locked to editing by admin, how do I unlock it. Please no warnings by the experts *Smile 62970 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Auskart, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Auskart Win User

Registry

Registry is locked to editing by admin, how do I unlock it.

Please no warnings by the experts *Smile

:)

Auskart, Sep 7, 2016

2. Deleting Registries in Registry Editor

Not really.It makes the processing faster though, as far as I know if you delete an Incorrect entry.

The full backup of a registry Editor is just around 450 MB so I do not think you will gather much space.

Try out tools like CCleaner to cleanup your computer by removing unnecessary files.

hope it helps.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 7, 2016
  3. Registry

Laugh, you are hilarious!! At least my history of posts show I'm not a fraud!!

Solar-Eclipse, Sep 7, 2016
Thema:

Registry

1. Registry - Similar Threads - Registry

2. Photo - Invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo - Invalid value for registry: This morning my PC lost its ability to display photos, it come up with a message " Invalid value for registry " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-invalid-value-for-registry/2c097464-3444-43b7-8269-76b3e1a65183
  3. registry in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    registry in windows 10: my free antivirus tells me I have over a thousand broken registry items ….how do I fix ths https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-in-windows-10/7f9a904a-3e62-421b-995d-7e76e0fa1b0d
  4. How to block Microsoft Edge through Group Policy or Registry or Appblocker

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to block Microsoft Edge through Group Policy or Registry or Appblocker: Hello, We have to block Microsoft Edge because our DLP product is not compatible with Edge browser and tried too many thing but unable to block this application. Seems like Microsoft trying to forcely use Edge browser but before do that you should compatible with other...
  5. Registry fault/error in Win 10 'Home' on (almost new, bought Dec. 2018) AcerAspire...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry fault/error in Win 10 'Home' on (almost new, bought Dec. 2018) AcerAspire...: having to use the 'onscreen keyboard' on new Acer laptop(4.5 months old)to access &/Or Any text ,as the main keyboards stopped working. Retailer tells me "its My fault !, as the registers "compromised" but Only at that keyboard point! ..all else works as 'new' still as...
  6. Windows 10 cannot boot after registry file deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 cannot boot after registry file deleted: hello My Samsung 1TB portable harddisk was not being detected soI was searching online for a solution. And without thinking much i followed this guide which asked me to delete the upper and lower filters of the 4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318 registry. "...
  7. Invalid Registry for Entry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid Registry for Entry: HELP!!!!! I cannot open any photos as I keep getting Invalid Registry for Entry message. What is that? Up until a few days ago I had no problem. Can anyone help me?...
  8. Microsoft Store not launching due to missing registry key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not launching due to missing registry key: The Microsoft Store won't launch, and instead gives the error "blocked by system administrator". I've narrowed it down to a missing registry key, Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe, at this directory:...
  9. Accidentally deleted registry file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally deleted registry file: Accidentaly deleted “microsoft” from registry files when i meant to delete something else. I can’t do much as of now but when i try to start windows it says error and restarts it again, until i get the troubleshoot screen. Any help/advice to fix this and restore the...
  10. Registry location for: "Optimize this folder for" templates

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry location for: "Optimize this folder for" templates: Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knew where the regedit location was for these default templates? I want to change the Picture template from Large to Extra Large. Basically I know of three ways to change folder views: Manually using the view quickbar - which is tedious....