Windows 10: registry

Discus and support registry in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there a way to repair damage to the registry, without doing a complete reinstall of Win 10? Will win 10 repair itself, and if so, how? I am trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chas2325, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Chas2325 Win User

registry

Is there a way to repair damage to the registry, without doing a complete reinstall of Win 10? Will win 10 repair itself, and if so, how?

I am trying to install 3rd party software and I get the message, "the configuration data is corrupt, contact support. This software failed on install about 3 month ago. I couldn't get windows to do an uninstall that was effective. I was told by a friend to delete any reference to that software name in the registry. I did so and this is where i am now

:)

Chas2325, Feb 21, 2020

2. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Feb 21, 2020
  3. registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

registry

Removing app from Windows registry

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

• Is the issue specific to a particular app?
    • What other steps have you tried before the registry step in order to uninstall that app?

Please reply to the questions in order to assist you in a better way.

Jessen P, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

registry

1. registry - Similar Threads - registry

2. Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys: I need to edit a registry key but before I do so, I need to be granted full control of the key. I am getting an error message when I try to do this. I am already listed as the owner of the key. I have tried changing both my administrator account as well as my use account to...
  3. Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys: I need to edit a registry key but before I do so, I need to be granted full control of the key. I am getting an error message when I try to do this. I am already listed as the owner of the key. I have tried changing both my administrator account as well as my use account to...
  4. "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...: My computer crashed, and when I power it on, it loads the manufacturer logo and then the blue screen "Windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it reboots and does the cycle again - manufacturer logo, blue screen, manufacturer logo,...
  5. "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...

"windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...: My computer crashed, and when I power it on, it loads the manufacturer logo and then the blue screen "Windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it reboots and does the cycle again - manufacturer logo, blue screen, manufacturer logo,...
  6. "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. NetworkList Profiles Registry Has No Profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NetworkList Profiles Registry Has No Profiles: Hello,I have been trying to resolve a years long issue with this PC not being able to connect to a server, although it does still connect to the internet. While I can connect to the internet, I can't do anything that requires connect to a server: Windows updates, download...
  8. NetworkList Profiles Registry Has No Profiles

NetworkList Profiles Registry Has No Profiles: Hello,I have been trying to resolve a years long issue with this PC not being able to connect to a server, although it does still connect to the internet. While I can connect to the internet, I can't do anything that requires connect to a server: Windows updates, download...
  9. NetworkList Profiles Registry Has No Profiles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry: Hello everyone, I'm trying to change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's through the registry keys in regedit. I had been trying but I couldn't find the right key in the right folder....