Windows 10: Regression in Win+Tab

Discus and support Regression in Win+Tab in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the latest (April 2018?) update, Win+Tab has become incredibly buggy. I totally hate the new style. The fact that it displays some sort of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thanatica, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Thanatica Win User

Regression in Win+Tab

Since the latest (April 2018?) update, Win+Tab has become incredibly buggy. I totally hate the new style. The fact that it displays some sort of timeline, I don't care, sure keep it whatever the heck it does. But there are two things that need fixing since they are regressions. They used to work fine before the latest update.

1) When pressing Win+Tab, sporadically nothing happens. Totally bupkiss. Press it again, nothing, again, nothing, again, aaand there it is.

2) While dragging a window to a secondary virtual desktop, the Win+Tab function backs out and you're thrown back to the desktop before even having released dragging that window. Going back into Win+Tab and trying again is the only thing I can think of, that works around the issue.

It might help to know I've got three monitors.

Microsoft, please, next time, pass new features past QA.

Seriously, this was not tested.

:)

Thanatica, Jul 4, 2018

2. Completely Regressive Windows UI!

The the UI and Personalization settings in Win 10 is totally REGRESSIVE, if you compare it with the user-friendly and smart options we had in Win XP. Here are 3 reasons why:

• Why has Windows made the UI completely 2D? I mean it is like going "backwards" in time and thinking! Win XP was more beautiful with its 3D interface.
    • Why cannot we change the colour of Title bar? Why the **** does Windows comes with an UI with the same grey colour from top to bottom?
    • In Win XP we could create our own colours. But in Win 10 we are given preset colours to choose from. How ridiculous!
    • In Win XP we could customise every part of the UI. But in WIn 10 we are given some stupid High Contrast colours to customise various parts of UI.
    • The smart-looking file Search form in Win XP is gone!
    I wonder how the "screws became loose" in the minds of Windows developers which made them regressive in their thinking. I am equally shocked why very few people are complaining about the regressive UI that Windows has offered us!

So I request Windows to bring back the 3D interface of Win XP and make the Personalisations/Customisations as user-friendly as Win XP.

RazPatnaik, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Completely Regressive Windows UI!

d0gknees, I feel relieved at least there is someone who agrees with me.

I mean at whose behest did MS did that?

Did MS took feedbacks from a new generation of nerdy crackpots who wanted to regress back to the 80s?

It is inexplicable and shocking how the world's most popular software company - through an attack of insanity - decided to abandon the beautiful and very user-friendly design of Win XP with something totally regressive and "unuser-friendly"!

Along with being insane, MS is also downright stubborn with this backward thinking!

I am sure project leaders in MS must have heard and read about similar objections as mine. The very fact that they are persisting with the ugly and regressive UI and Personalisation settings of Win 10 suggests that just they do not care about what anyone
    else says.

And I find this thinking bizzare, coming as it is from the biggest software company of the world which had offered us something as beautiful and user-friendly as Win XP.

RazPatnaik, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Regression in Win+Tab

Completely Regressive Windows UI!

Shilohbob, I've also done what you've suggested.

But I suspect it amounts to giving feedback to stubborn crackpots working in Microsoft who are guilty of introducing a lot of regressive features in Windows UI and Customisation options.

RazPatnaik, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

Regression in Win+Tab

1. Regression in Win+Tab - Similar Threads - Regression Win+Tab

2. Regression In Latest Version Of Whiteboard Pen Colour Shortcuts Are Not Effective

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regression In Latest Version Of Whiteboard Pen Colour Shortcuts Are Not Effective: The latest version of Microsoft Whiteboard has regressed and the pen colour selection using shortcuts like Alt+w+2, is not working as expected. The colour indicator changes in the pointer, but during the drawing, the colour is not set. See the video for reference:...
  3. Regression In Latest Version Of Whiteboard Pen Colour Shortcuts Are Not Effective

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regression In Latest Version Of Whiteboard Pen Colour Shortcuts Are Not Effective: The latest version of Microsoft Whiteboard has regressed and the pen colour selection using shortcuts like Alt+w+2, is not working as expected. The colour indicator changes in the pointer, but during the drawing, the colour is not set. See the video for reference:...
  4. Windows 11's new File Explorer Details pane regression: Metadata is not editable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11's new File Explorer Details pane regression: Metadata is not editable.: as the title states: Windows 11's new File Explorer Details pane regression Metadata is not editable.I utilize the details pane constantly and now I can no longer edit the comments through it. I have to open the properties on each individual item and go along so slowly it's...
  5. Windows 11's new File Explorer Details pane regression: Metadata is not editable.

Windows 11's new File Explorer Details pane regression: Metadata is not editable.: as the title states: Windows 11's new File Explorer Details pane regression Metadata is not editable.I utilize the details pane constantly and now I can no longer edit the comments through it. I have to open the properties on each individual item and go along so slowly it's...
  6. Windows 11 is a regression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is a regression: My first impression of Windows 11: it's like Vista = it's a failed edition.The resulting drop in productivity is significant.A version that aims to make procedures easier for idiots.It's better to have a mouse instead of a hand, and not so much need for a brain.For the rest...
  7. Windows 11 is a regression

Windows 11 is a regression: My first impression of Windows 11: it's like Vista = it's a failed edition.The resulting drop in productivity is significant.A version that aims to make procedures easier for idiots.It's better to have a mouse instead of a hand, and not so much need for a brain.For the rest...
  8. A very slow laptop with regressions and defects.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A very slow laptop with regressions and defects.: Hello all,Relatively recently, my laptop is very slow during usage. To be specific, it took about 1-2 minutes from the manufacturer's logo HP to the login form, it took about 10-20 minutes from after filling in my password in login to the laptop show the desktop, an...
  9. A very slow laptop with regressions and defects.

A very slow laptop with regressions and defects.: Hello all,Relatively recently, my laptop is very slow during usage. To be specific, it took about 1-2 minutes from the manufacturer's logo HP to the login form, it took about 10-20 minutes from after filling in my password in login to the laptop show the desktop, an...
  10. Regression of jigsaw

Regression of jigsaw: When I open the jigsaw after the jigsaw has been closed and my computer's been off it's at an earlier stage - I've lost about 60 minutes work or more.Thank you for any help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is regression in windows 10 1809 & 1810