Windows 10: Regsvr32 fails to register a file

Discus and support Regsvr32 fails to register a file in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In windows 10 32 bit when I try to register vbrun300.dll I get a message; it may not be compatible with the computer I am using Windows 10 32 bit and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ka6uup, Mar 24, 2020.

1. ka6uup Win User

Regsvr32 fails to register a file

In windows 10 32 bit when I try to register vbrun300.dll I get a message; it may not be compatible with the computer I am using Windows 10 32 bit and to check if it is compatible with x86 or x64 regsvr32.exe.

Is there a fix or work around

Chuck

:)

ka6uup, Mar 24, 2020
  2. SateeshP Win User

Registering the VB6.0 executable(.exe) using Regsvr32

Registering the my application executable(.exe) using command <FilePath> /RegServer but its failing to register in windows 10 but able to register .exe file with Regsvr32 .

is this correct way to do ?

is there any impact to register .exe using Regsvr32 ?

SateeshP, Mar 24, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Regsvr32 fails to register a file

Error RegSvr32 while startup

Hi Thurston,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer.

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

Regsvr32 is a command-line utility to register and unregister OLE controls, such as DLLs and ActiveX controls in the Windows Registry. Regsvr32.exe is installed in the %systemroot%\System32 folder in Windows XP and later versions of Windows.

Note On a 64-bit version of Windows operating system, there are two versions of the Regsv32.exe file:

• The 64-bit version is %systemroot%\System32\regsvr32.exe.
    • The 32-bit version is %systemroot%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe.
    Try one of the following methods when you receive a Regsvr32 error:

Method 1: Re-run the Regsvr32 command from an elevated command prompt

• To open an elevated command prompt, following these steps:
    Type Command Prompt in the Search box, right-click
    Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click
    Allow..

• Method 2: Use the 32-bit version of Regsvr32 to register a 32-bit DLL on a 64-bit version of Windows If you receive an error when registering a 32-bit DLL on a 64-bit version of Windows, follow these steps:
      • Open an elevated command prompt.
      • If the 32-bit DLL is in the %systemroot%\System32 folder, move it to the %systemroot%\SysWoW64 folder.
    Run the following command:

Perform the troubleshooting and reply with the results, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Regsvr32 fails to register a file

1. Regsvr32 fails to register a file - Similar Threads - Regsvr32 fails register

2. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5: Every time I install the application, a pop up always appears "unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5",Why is this?...
  3. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5: Every time I install the application, a pop up always appears "unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5",Why is this?...
  4. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...: This message occurred when I was in the process of updating, registering and installing Waves Soundgrid plugins, Dll's and other files using the Waves Central app. Upon proceeding with the updates, I received the error message during updates:...
  6. C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...: This message occurred when I was in the process of updating, registering and installing Waves Soundgrid plugins, Dll's and other files using the Waves Central app. Upon proceeding with the updates, I received the error message during updates:...
  7. Regsvr32.exe class not registered

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regsvr32.exe class not registered: Hello, so today when i turn on my windows10 a pop up appear "C\windows\system32\regsvr32.execlass not registered" can someone explain why this is happening and how to fix it?...
  8. Regsvr32.exe class not registered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regsvr32.exe class not registered: Hello, so today when i turn on my windows10 a pop up appear "C\windows\system32\regsvr32.execlass not registered" can someone explain why this is happening and how to fix it?...
  9. Regsvr32.exe class not registered

10. using regsvr32 to register ocx file

in Windows 10 Customization
    using regsvr32 to register ocx file: using regsvr32 to register Msflxgrd.ocx I get error 08002801c how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-regsvr32-to-register-ocx-file/9b1fa2bb-ca51-4c34-89a2-670eb9e48548

Users found this page by searching for:

1. regsvr32 u duzocx32.ocx