Windows 10: Regular Blue Screens...but with different stop codes

Discus and support Regular Blue Screens...but with different stop codes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Over the course of the last few weeks, my PC has been periodically blue screening. It seems to happen randomly at any time, but the confusing kicker is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JMichaelG, May 19, 2020.

1. JMichaelG Win User

Regular Blue Screens...but with different stop codes

Over the course of the last few weeks, my PC has been periodically blue screening. It seems to happen randomly at any time, but the confusing kicker is that the stop code is different every time it happens. These are the ones that have shown up:

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA also "what failed: nvlddmkm.sys"

KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION also "what failed: nvlddmkm.sys"

again PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA also "what failed: nvlddmkm.sys"

I believe there was a fifth time it crashed, but I didn't remember to take a photo of the blue screen that time.

The final two KERNEL and SYSTEM occurred almost back to back, then the last one happened a few hours later. These three happened while I was using a video editing software that I use regularly and I think the others did as well, but I can’t be as sure, which means it could be the culprit. However that would be very odd, since I've been using the software for years and have made no changes to it.

The only major change I've made to the hardware has been a new graphics card GeForce 2080 Super, but that was installed over a month before the first blue screen. The regular failures of nvlddmkm.sys, which is supposedly an NVIDIA graphics driver, caused me to uninstall my current ones then install new ones after the SYSTEM_SERVICE crash. However that didn’t end up solving the problem as I just got the PAGE_FAULT one.

Any input on this? Happy to provide more info about my PC...I just wasn't sure what.

:)

JMichaelG, May 19, 2020

2. Stop code blue screen sdbus

Hello,

Stop errors (also sometimes called blue screen or black screen errors) can occur if a serious problem causes your device to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors
    can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What actions were you performing when normally encounter the said error?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article to
    troubleshoot blue screen error on Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Michelle Vil, May 19, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, May 19, 2020
  4. Regular Blue Screens...but with different stop codes

getting blue screen error/Stop Code

Hi Abhijit,

Stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE is probably due to a compatibility issue with the driver, as most blue screen errors are. Since you encountered this error after updating Windows, most probably, you would need to update the drivers
    as well.

We suggest that you go through the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    On step 1, select After an update was installed.

Kindly update us on the results.

Patricia Yu, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Regular Blue Screens...but with different stop codes

1. Regular Blue Screens...but with different stop codes - Similar Threads - Regular Blue Screens

2. Regular blue screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regular blue screens: Dear all,For the past few months, I have been having quite a few blue screens. It seems to occur off and on, but the last few weeks it has been occurring more regularly. I have:updated all my driversupgraded BIOSran system device checkerran several tools to stress test...
  3. Regular blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regular blue screens: Dear all,For the past few months, I have been having quite a few blue screens. It seems to occur off and on, but the last few weeks it has been occurring more regularly. I have:updated all my driversupgraded BIOSran system device checkerran several tools to stress test...
  4. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WITH DIFFERENT STOP CODES IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WITH DIFFERENT STOP CODES IN WINDOWS 10: Hi, I've been having blue screen of death these past weeks with different stop codes. And it happens so fast I don't get to read the stop codes. I just notice they are different in each of the occurrences. Apart from that, my PC just hangs and shut down. I'll appreciate any...
  5. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WITH DIFFERENT STOP CODES IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WITH DIFFERENT STOP CODES IN WINDOWS 10: Hi, I've been having blue screen of death these past weeks with different stop codes. And it happens so fast I don't get to read the stop codes. I just notice they are different in each of the occurrences. Apart from that, my PC just hangs and shut down. I'll appreciate any...
  6. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WITH DIFFERENT STOP CODES IN WINDOWS 10

7. Regular blue screen

Regular blue screen: In the last two weeks my pc crashed a few times . It only happend while playing video games, but the general timing is not periodically. Problemcodes are 1e , 3b , 139 or 141. Here are the DMP files. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AniC-hv6wjhQtCZJa0VQeFe3KRNx?e=bqpzLNThanks...
  8. Blue Screen of Death with Different stop codes everytime.

Blue Screen of Death with Different stop codes everytime.: Hi! So online classes are gonna start soon and I would really want to get this fixed as soon as possible. So any suggestion and advice would really be appreciated. I guess lets start from the top. April 24th I had a virus and Storage was almost full so I wanted my PC to be...
  9. Regular blue screen errors with different stop codes

Regular blue screen errors with different stop codes: Hi there! Hopefully someone can help me with this issue. A few times per week, my laptop shows a blue error screen. However, it is very hard to identify what exactly the problem is. I've seen different stopcodes, which all could relate to driver issues. However, I've already...
  10. Regular Blue Screens

Regular Blue Screens: Hi all, I have been having a problem recently where I will get a blue screen if I plug in or unplug a device or restart my PC. It doesn't happen all the time but the likelihood of it happening goes up the longer it has been since a reboot. The laptop is a HP Spectre x360 -...