Windows 10: Regular bluescreens after upgrading processor

Discus and support Regular bluescreens after upgrading processor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I get frequent bluescreens usually twice per day at least after upgrading my processor to an i9-12900k. I have clean reinstalled windows and replaced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BenRyding, Jan 28, 2022.

1. BenRyding Win User

Regular bluescreens after upgrading processor

I get frequent bluescreens usually twice per day at least after upgrading my processor to an i9-12900k. I have clean reinstalled windows and replaced the memory and the motherboard at this point and still have the exact same problem. My systems temperatures seem fine under load I compile a large application on this machine and it uses 100% of my cpu during compile with no overheating problems.Here are the minidumps:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtBgDevlkrnshKpS9jhipiCbO8YwBA?e=01UotS

:)

BenRyding, Jan 28, 2022
  2. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Processor upgrade

The process is just as bobkn described.

To avoid problems with the flash, do the following:
    • Download the 3 files you need, and save them to an easy to find location - Desktop, etc. You will need BIOS version F32, BIOS version F50, and the EC FW update utility.
    • You will need a blank USB thumb drive (nothing on it). The thumb drive needs to be formatted FAT32 (the standard for most thumb drives), not NTFS.
    • Step one is to flash to BIOS F32, so copy the F32 BIOS file to the thumb drive. Only the file, not the entire folder if it comes zipped up.
    • Perform the Flash as directed in the instructions.
    • When the flash is done, don't forget to do the last step: "Load Optimized Defaults" .
    • Then Install the EC FW update utility. Always best to restart the PC after the installation.
    • Then delete the F32 BIOS from the flash drive and copy over the F50 Bios to it.
    • Then install the F50 BIOS.

And then you are ready to upgrade the processor.

Note: always a good idea, after installing the processor and entering BIOS to check it out, to Load Optimized Defaults again, then Save & Exit.
    Make any BIOS customizations after you have tested the system and Windows and all is good.

3. bobkn Win User
    Processor upgrade

Looking at the CPU compatibility list for the board, it requires F40 or later to support the 3600. B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. The latest version is F50.

What's your BIOS version?

If it's a suitable rev, I suggest clearing the CMOS afetr swapping processors.

Best of luck.

bobkn, Jan 28, 2022
  4. djbillyd Win User

Processor upgrade

I updated it this evening. Version :B20.0406.1 is what gigabyte gives.

djbillyd, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Regular bluescreens after upgrading processor - Similar Threads - Regular bluescreens upgrading

2. Regular bluescreens after upgrading processor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regular bluescreens after upgrading processor: I get frequent bluescreens usually twice per day at least after upgrading my processor to an i9-12900k. I have clean reinstalled windows and replaced the memory and the motherboard at this point and still have the exact same problem. My systems temperatures seem fine under...
  3. Processor nogo Win11 upgrade - Upgrade processor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Processor nogo Win11 upgrade - Upgrade processor?: Windows 10 Pro 21H1 I ran the MS Win11 hardware suitability tool. And my trusty, 3 year old Lenovo P50 failed--reason: processor. The machine's processor is: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Just curious... is it reasonable that a newer processor might be...
  4. Bluescreens after Upgrade to 20H2 -> Default_Page_In_Nonpaged_Area

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreens after Upgrade to 20H2 -> Default_Page_In_Nonpaged_Area: Dear Community!Since the kinda forced Update to 20H2 due to end of support for 1909 my Notebook crashes frequntly right after Startup. First I thought my eGPU setup to be responsible, but even with the setup removed Bluescreens happen.I`d like to upload the minidumps that all...
  5. Processor upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Processor upgrade: The board is a GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD. There is 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 288-Pin DDR4 memory. The SSD is MKNSSDPL1TB-D8 [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB) Replaced a AMD RYZEN 3 2200G Quad-Core 3.5 GHz with an AMD RYZEN...
  6. regular bluescreen reboots

regular bluescreen reboots: Hi I'm having troubles with regular bluescreen reboots. The most recent one beeing: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff802e7be43d8, 0xfffff505ad6bf238, 0xfffff505ad6bea80). A dump was saved in:...
  7. regular BSOD after upgrade to Win10

regular BSOD after upgrade to Win10: I experience a very frequent BSODs. I've searched the inet for the symptom, everyone blames Alcohool 120%. I've never had it. I attach the system information file with 50 minidumps. I would be thankful if you could help me to identify the reason for these BSODS. Thanks...
  8. Regular BSOD after upgrading to windows 10

Regular BSOD after upgrading to windows 10: Hi everyone, I have recently upgrading to windows 10 on a fairly new machine, after doing so I have had regular BSOD (IRQL unexpected error), there doesn't seem to be much connection between them other than watching videos whilst online. When I got the first one I read a...
  9. Slow processor after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow processor after Windows 10 upgrade: Hi, I'm new to this group, so hope I am in the right board. I have an HP15 Notebook which has been running slow since a Win10 upgrade (Although this might have just heightened the problem). Pentium N3540 processor and 4GB memory. I installed CPUID HW-MONITOR to try to...
  10. Upgrading new processor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading new processor: Hello Forum. Its time for me to upgrade my processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor since the current one in my system is from 2008. It's almost a decade, and I'm quite happy with it, but now I need to upgrade it, since Im looking to do music recording, as I have...