Windows 10: Regular BSOD after minutes to hours

Discus and support Regular BSOD after minutes to hours in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, my laptop has started generating BSODs after operating for a while. The time varies; it can be minutes or hours. I have run the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bcgirton, Feb 13, 2019.

1. bcgirton Win User

Regular BSOD after minutes to hours

Recently, my laptop has started generating BSODs after operating for a while. The time varies; it can be minutes or hours. I have run the Windows Memory Diagnostic, HP's hardware diagnostic tools, and a full system scan with BitDefender without result. "sfc /scannow" has been run, along with a number of other tests I am starting to forget. The problem does not seem to be associated with high levels of CPU activity, the use of particular hardware, or the use of particular software. It did not seem to start after a particular update or installation of new software. I ran WinDBG as directed by your fine tutorial, but was not able to identify a root cause myself. I am hoping you will be able to help me unravel this. Please find the output of your log collector v2 beta17 diagnostic tool attached. It was necessary to disable Bitdefender's advanced threat defense function to allow it to proceed.

:)

bcgirton, Feb 13, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Feb 13, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Regular BSOD after minutes to hours [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

Thema:

1. Regular BSOD after minutes to hours - Similar Threads - Regular BSOD minutes

2. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: My pc will run fine for only a half hour or up to hours on end, but it will eventually bluescreen. I recently upgraded my cpu, and the BSOD happened the day after and continues to happen, not sure if thats the issue. I'd suspect my PC not be able to run if it had to do with...
  3. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: My pc will run fine for only a half hour or up to hours on end, but it will eventually bluescreen. I recently upgraded my cpu, and the BSOD happened the day after and continues to happen, not sure if thats the issue. I'd suspect my PC not be able to run if it had to do with...
  4. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: It started a day after I upgraded my CPU but im not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've tried sfc scan, chkdsk, windows startup repair, etc....
  5. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: It started a day after I upgraded my CPU but im not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've tried sfc scan, chkdsk, windows startup repair, etc....
  6. BSOD every 30 minutes to an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every 30 minutes to an hour: Hi! for the past 24 hours, my laptop Lenovo Ideapad S145 with Ryzen 5 and 12GB of RAM, Windows 11 Home has been getting the BSOD, although it usually just freezes with some artifacts on the screen for a split second. This happen every 45 minutes or so, and the laptop will...
  7. BSOD every 30 minutes to an hour

BSOD every 30 minutes to an hour: Hi! for the past 24 hours, my laptop Lenovo Ideapad S145 with Ryzen 5 and 12GB of RAM, Windows 11 Home has been getting the BSOD, although it usually just freezes with some artifacts on the screen for a split second. This happen every 45 minutes or so, and the laptop will...
  8. BSOD after minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after minutes.: My desktop needed to update some windows files so i clicked the restart now so it could update. In the middle of the update i had a BSOD.Now if I start my computer in normal mode, a BSOD happens in 2-3 minutes and says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.When I run my desktop in safe mode...
  9. BSOD after minutes.

BSOD after minutes.: My desktop needed to update some windows files so i clicked the restart now so it could update. In the middle of the update i had a BSOD.Now if I start my computer in normal mode, a BSOD happens in 2-3 minutes and says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.When I run my desktop in safe mode...
  10. BSOD after minutes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod after an hour

2. bsod after a couple minutes