Windows 10: Regular BSOD and Start Menu not working since installing 1909

Discus and support Regular BSOD and Start Menu not working since installing 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm getting regular BSODs since installing update 1909. It certainly seems to coincide with the install date which for me was 22nd. I've run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AntonyL1981, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Regular BSOD and Start Menu not working since installing 1909

Hi all,

I'm getting regular BSODs since installing update 1909. It certainly seems to coincide with the install date which for me was 22nd. I've run chkdsk and sfc /scannow - no reported problems. No issues on HD Tune error scan.

The start menu also stops working regularly. I click on the button but nothing happens except for the search box next to it disappearing.

Dump - https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxhse6bnfhlin44/112719-9265-01.zip?dl=0

:)

AntonyL1981, Nov 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

Regular BSOD and Start Menu not working since installing 1909

Start menu not working

Hello Barry,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• Have you installed all the pending updates on your system?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates on your system and if you are using Microsoft account suggest you to sign out and sign in again and check if resolves the issue.

I suggest you to perform Start menu troubleshooter
    from the below article and check if it help in addressing your issue.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Darshan J, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Regular BSOD and Start Menu not working since installing 1909

1. Regular BSOD and Start Menu not working since installing 1909 - Similar Threads - Regular BSOD Start

2. Regular BSOD since whole new PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regular BSOD since whole new PC: Hi, Unfortunately due to replacing the Motherboard / CPU / GPU, I am unable to pinpoint my crashes to any one thing. Each BSDO has a different error, preventing me from narrowing it down to a specific thing. The only thing I haven't tried OS wise is to reinstall the OS....
  3. Start menu unresponsive after FU 1909 installed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu unresponsive after FU 1909 installed: We are upgrading Windows 10 v1803 builds to v1909 using Feature Update (FU). Some users started complaining about start menu unresponsive or search not working post FU installation. Outlook has to be launched from program files. Any help in this regard will be appreciated....
  4. Regular BSOD

Regular BSOD: Good day I have a HP Probook 450 G4 with windows 10 installed. I have been getting regular BSOD's for a while now and I would like to resolve this issue. I've uploaded the latest Minidump file to my drive. The link:...
  5. Random but regular hangs and lockups for everything since 1909 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Random but regular hangs and lockups for everything since 1909 update: On a Dell Optiplex 790, I am experiencing random but somewhat regular hangs, lockups, and sometimes even freezing since I updated to version 1909. This was never an issue with Windows 7, nor was it an issue with version 1707. It started with 1909. wermgr and werfault is...
  6. Start menu bug in 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu bug in 1909: So I am experiencing an issue, with the start menu. When I hover the cursor over the side-bar on the left of the Windows Start Menu, the side-bar expands to its full size instead of just showing the tooltip for the hovered item like in 1903. I've searched several times...
  7. Regular BSOD. Dism not working, sfc causes BSOD, browser regularly crashing...

Regular BSOD. Dism not working, sfc causes BSOD, browser regularly crashing...: Google drive with 5 most recent BSOD: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kw37FaHkCkXk-ikwoFwmCQaAf23i4FUF?usp=sharing dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth -- stalls at 100% sfc causes a BSOD about 20% progress chkdsk reports no errors I have SSD Windows...
  8. Start Menu stopped working Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu stopped working Windows 10 1909: The start menu has stopped working, when I click on the start button it makes the search box disappear and the menu doesn't open. Restarting my computer fixes it for a little bit but then goes back to not working again....
  9. start menu not opening since yesterday

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu not opening since yesterday: Hello , My windows 10 was working fine till yesterday . But now i have met with a problem . The problem is that my start menu is not opening from yesterday . Store, Microsoft Edge and Cortana are also not opening . What to do ? Help me please .... 37407
  10. Win 10 32bit regular Start menu missing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 32bit regular Start menu missing?: I have several computers running Win. 10! This problem only occurs on my 32bit machine, where the Left Click Mouse on Start Panel doesn't work any longer? Is there a ' FIX ' for this? Thank you 42763