Windows 10: Regular BSOD's on PC, how can I find an updated driver for the problem

Discus and support Regular BSOD's on PC, how can I find an updated driver for the problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a new battery for my laptop as I thought that the old battery was the cause of the BSOD's. The BSOD's are fairly irregular but I had two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Eshlin, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Eshlin Win User

Regular BSOD's on PC, how can I find an updated driver for the problem

I bought a new battery for my laptop as I thought that the old battery was the cause of the BSOD's. The BSOD's are fairly irregular but I had two earlier today with the new battery in the laptop.

I have attached the Sysnative results to this post.

I checked Whocrashed which said that the hardware.sys driver is a problem.

Is there any way I can determine once and for all what the problem is? I am prepared to buy a new laptop but don't want to waste money and want to ensure that the PC is not repairable before I get a new one.

My laptop is an HP Bs1xx, running Windows 10.

:)

Eshlin, Feb 11, 2021
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Regular BSOD's on PC, how can I find an updated driver for the problem [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Scavar Win User
    8800GTS problems.

Seems pretty strange to me. I have a standard 8800GTS, the only problem I get is the BSOD nv4_disp.dll thing, which in my case I think is linked to heat on other parts of the video card.

I would suggest completely removing the drivers using Driver Cleaner, and install the ones that came with the card first. If the problem continues, remove again, try the newest drivers. If it still happens, underclock the card and try the same steps. In the end, talk to EVGA and see what they tell you.

Scavar, Feb 11, 2021
  4. erocker Win User

ATI Driver install problems

It's all laid out here: How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

It could be a problem with the monitors OSD chip.

erocker, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Regular BSOD's on PC, how can I find an updated driver for the problem - Similar Threads - Regular BSOD's find

2. How can I find a driver that I have recently updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find a driver that I have recently updated: I have recently updated a driver and want to roll it back as it has started to give me problems. Whenever I try to open Asphalt 9 it opens for a second then closes. I am also unable to open the download setup for apps I have downloaded online. But there is one problem, I...
  3. How can I find a driver that I have recently updated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I find a driver that I have recently updated: I have recently updated a driver and want to roll it back as it has started to give me problems. Whenever I try to open Asphalt 9 it opens for a second then closes. I am also unable to open the download setup for apps I have downloaded online. But there is one problem, I...
  4. How can I find a driver that I have recently updated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluescreening constantly, can not find file corruption, driver problems, can not reset pc.

Bluescreening constantly, can not find file corruption, driver problems, can not reset pc.: A week ago, I installed and re-played an old game "Battletech" on Steam. During this, the first blue screen occurred; stopcode; IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALI ran driver verifier and it detected violation; CMUAC.sys. Following this, a BSOD stopcode; CRITICAL STRUCTURE...
  6. Bluescreening constantly, can not find file corruption, driver problems, can not reset pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreening constantly, can not find file corruption, driver problems, can not reset pc.: A week ago, I installed and re-played an old game "Battletech" on Steam. During this, the first blue screen occurred; stopcode; IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALI ran driver verifier and it detected violation; CMUAC.sys. Following this, a BSOD stopcode; CRITICAL STRUCTURE...
  7. How can I find and remove old drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I find and remove old drivers?: I am trying to remove old drivers, specifically "Lycosa.sys" ver. 1.1.0.0Published name: oem42.infRazer USA Ltd.I am trying to turn on core isolation in windows 10, but I get the error:"Memory integrity cannot be turned on. Try resolving any incompatibilities with your...
  8. How can I find and remove old drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find and remove old drivers?: I am trying to remove old drivers, specifically "Lycosa.sys" ver. 1.1.0.0Published name: oem42.infRazer USA Ltd.I am trying to turn on core isolation in windows 10, but I get the error:"Memory integrity cannot be turned on. Try resolving any incompatibilities with your...
  9. How can I find and remove old drivers?

10. BSOD occurring regularly on new PC cant find problem please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD occurring regularly on new PC cant find problem please help: Hi, New PC suffering constant BSOD not sure why, link to dump files etc below; link to crash files PC is; System Information report written at: 11/04/20 20:46:05 System Name: SKULLCANDY [System Summary] Item Value OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19042...