Windows 10: Regular command prompt on Advanced startup

Discus and support Regular command prompt on Advanced startup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it possible to access regular Command Prompt (non-administrator command prompt), through advanced startup? If so, how do i get to it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 123YLT, Sep 17, 2019.

1. 123YLT Win User

Regular command prompt on Advanced startup

Is it possible to access regular Command Prompt (non-administrator command prompt), through advanced startup? If so, how do i get to it?

:)

123YLT, Sep 17, 2019

2. No Command Prompt in Advanced Startup

I'm trying to use MBR2GPT in Windows 10 for my system disk so I can use UEFI, and I suppose I need to use command prompt in Advanced Startup.

But when I do Advanced Startup and go into Troubleshoot, the only option I can see is Startup Settings.

No Command Prompt, no System Restore, nothing, just Startup Settings.

So how can I get access to command prompt? Or can I just use MBR2GPT in cmd while running Windows 10?

EricFeng8808, Sep 17, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Sep 17, 2019
  4. lx07 Win User

Command Prompt didn't recognize one of the commands

It does sound like you should do it in case it gets worse and you can't boot..

If you follow this tutorial to easily get to a command prompt at boot time Advanced Startup Options - Boot to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums (option 1 looks the easiest).

You then click on the "Troubleshoot" then "Advanced Options" buttons to get to the "Command Prompt" button.

When you get the command prompt enter the following (may as well do them all):

• bootrec /FixMbr
      [*]bootrec /FixBoot
      [*]bootrec /RebuildBcd

Details of these commands are here - they are the same in Windows 10 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/927392

Thema:

1. Regular command prompt on Advanced startup - Similar Threads - Regular command prompt

2. Command prompt startup issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt startup issue: Hi! I have this problem for a while now. When starting or restarting my PC Win 11 OS, I keep encountering this issue wherein cmd keeps popping up and saying, "Windows cannot find '--minimized'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again."I keep looking for...
  3. Command prompt startup issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt startup issue: Hi! I have this problem for a while now. When starting or restarting my PC Win 11 OS, I keep encountering this issue wherein cmd keeps popping up and saying, "Windows cannot find '--minimized'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again."I keep looking for...
  4. No Command Prompt in Advanced Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Command Prompt in Advanced Startup: Hi, I tried to recover my password in advanced startup on my HP laptop Windows 11 but unfortunately, I can't find the command prompt when I go in to troubleshoot I see only the start-up settings and UEFI firmware I can't find the command prompt please help thanks by the way I...
  5. No Command Prompt in Advanced Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Command Prompt in Advanced Startup: Hi, I tried to recover my password in advanced startup on my HP laptop Windows 11 but unfortunately, I can't find the command prompt when I go in to troubleshoot I see only the start-up settings and UEFI firmware I can't find the command prompt please help thanks by the way I...
  6. command prompt starting on desktop startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    command prompt starting on desktop startup: Hi recently whenever I turn on my deviceASUS LAPTOP windows 10 the command promt suddenly opens and closes like within a second it has happened to me a numerous times now pls help me....
  7. Advanced Options Command Prompt Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advanced Options Command Prompt Problem: Ok so I set a net user <username> /time command and I need to remove the command in advanced options command prompt. When the try to execute the command net user <username> /time:all. It returns username not found. I am confused about what is going wrong submitted by...
  8. Stuck in command prompt loop of advanced recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in command prompt loop of advanced recovery: Hello All, I tried to boot in safe mode. At login screen 1. Power -> Shift+restart 2. Troubleshoot 3. Advanced options 4. here i was supposed to select STARTUP SETTINGS, but i selected COMMAND PROMPT by mistake. Now it is asking for an admin account password ad...
  9. Something running in command prompt on startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Something running in command prompt on startup.: I am running Windows 10. When I start my computer, a few items pop up in cmd command prompts and run so quickly I can't read them. I could just read "permission denied" at the end of one of them. I didn't set that up. How can I find out what it is?...
  10. Feature Update 1903 installed now can't use Advanced Startup to access Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature Update 1903 installed now can't use Advanced Startup to access Command Prompt: Just installed 1903 update. Now if I follow Advanced Startup - Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Command Prompt I get a message saying that I need to sign in as an administrator. It goes on to say that I do not have any administrator accounts on this PC. In fact I have 2...