Windows 10: Regular FPS drops when playing War Thunder

Discus and support Regular FPS drops when playing War Thunder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So as the title says I have an issue when playing War Thunder, and to a certain extent CSGO, that is every few seconds I get a frame drop from around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Papa_Frankus_waifu, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Regular FPS drops when playing War Thunder

So as the title says I have an issue when playing War Thunder, and to a certain extent CSGO, that is every few seconds I get a frame drop from around 40 on War Thunder to 3 or 4. I have tried going into the Registry Editor and changing a few things per a tutorial I found online but it still keeps happening.

Any advice?

submitted by /u/Papa_Frankus_waifu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Papa_Frankus_waifu, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Gears of War UE - FPS drop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the machine?
    • Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

If you have the hardware that supports the game, you can fine-tune your experience to get the very best out of the game. You may want to follow the tips and tricks mentioned in
    Get the best out of Gears of War 4 on Windows 10 for the same.

To deal with FPS, I suggest you to go through Understanding Frames Per Second (FPS).

For a full list of tips and tricks to improve your in-game performance, see the
    Gears of War on Windows 10 help page on The Coalition website.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    War Thunder now available to play for free on Xbox One

Source: War Thunder Launches as Free to Play Title on Xbox One with Combat Helicopters - Xbox Wire

Brink, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Regular FPS drops when playing War Thunder

BSOD while playing War Thunder

Update

This issue is still not resolved and War Thunder still crashes from time to time after the clean install, however the crashes are rarer than previously. I think the issue might be with the game itself, I've read a number of threads about War Thunder having
    issues with Ryzen CPUs. It could also be that my RAM or drives are at fault. I'll open up the laptop to check later today or tomorrow.

Even though I've tested the RAM and memtest says its fine.

theNashman, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Regular FPS drops when playing War Thunder

1. Regular FPS drops when playing War Thunder - Similar Threads - Regular FPS drops

2. Issue with Insane FPS drops when playing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Insane FPS drops when playing.: Hey, I have come across this issue a while ago with GTA V and now it is happening with FIFA 23, I play the game normally then out of nowhere, my FPS immediately drops to like 5 fps, also the audio coming from songs starts to stutter. I've tried reinstalling windows, the game,...
  3. Issue with Insane FPS drops when playing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Insane FPS drops when playing.: Hey, I have come across this issue a while ago with GTA V and now it is happening with FIFA 23, I play the game normally then out of nowhere, my FPS immediately drops to like 5 fps, also the audio coming from songs starts to stutter. I've tried reinstalling windows, the game,...
  4. Windows crash when on War Thunder Launcher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crash when on War Thunder Launcher: Evetime I'm on the launcher my pc crash link to dump https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ILx73vquqcpc4WwX8RlSLm9ugZczwPzJ/view?usp=sharing I can replicate the crash with the launcher...
  5. BSOD while playing War Thunder

BSOD while playing War Thunder: For two weeks now I've been having crashes on my laptop, usually these crashes result in a BSOD [CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT] error other times the laptop hangs and I'm forced to manually reboot. Surprisingly these BSODs only occur while playing War Thunder and no other...
  6. Gears of War UE - FPS drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of War UE - FPS drop: the game is unplayable does not matter thr resolution or the card or the cpu anything fix it ***Title modified from: Gears of War UE is broken worst than the last time hass frames drop below 30 to 20 FIX IT PLEASE!!!!***...
  7. War Thunder now available to play for free on Xbox One

in Windows 10 News
    War Thunder now available to play for free on Xbox One: RA9TGqpbt9k Back in June we started paid access for War Thunder on Xbox One, and those initial three months were incredibly helpful in preparing the game for free-to-play release. Now War Thunder is available for free on the Microsoft Store and we prepared a huge content...
  8. Any War Thunder player here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any War Thunder player here?: Any War Thunder player here? I'm a War Thunder player here and I'm currently play German. I'm in the progress of researching tier 5 German Tiger 2 10.5cm. I already had Jagdtiger, but just want the Tiger 2 10.5cm because it a good tank with 105mm gun. Yes, the Tiger 2 armor...
  9. Black unresponsive screen when launching war thunder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black unresponsive screen when launching war thunder: I have played war thunder on my new PC since Christmas when I got it. It has worked fine, like everything else, until four days ago when instead of launching the game after pressing the "play" button in the launcher, a black screen appears after a slight but alarming delay....
  10. Random crashes, sometimes playing War Thunder, bugcheck: 0x000000c4

Random crashes, sometimes playing War Thunder, bugcheck: 0x000000c4: Hi, Need some help - have been experiencing random crashes, sometimes while playing War Thunder. I enabled "driver verifier" and was unable to successfully boot on multiple attempts. Each time, I got "Stop code: DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION", but no code to go with it....