Windows 10: Regular keys don't work but special ones do on multiple keyboards

Discus and support Regular keys don't work but special ones do on multiple keyboards in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, on three different keyboards, all the regular keys letters, ponctuation, tab, ctrl, alt, spacebar, numpad , etc, ... do not register when I press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Enano1985, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Enano1985 Win User

Regular keys don't work but special ones do on multiple keyboards

Hi, on three different keyboards, all the regular keys letters, ponctuation, tab, ctrl, alt, spacebar, numpad , etc, ... do not register when I press them but special ones media keys, calculator key, sleep key, etc do.It seems that I can some times enter something by pressing each key for 5 seconds but it is not consistent. I tried with two keyboards from Logitech and one from HP. All of them work peferctly fine on an other computer.I deleted the devices and drivers associated and rebooted multiple times, launched the keyboard troubleshooter didn't find anything wrong and installed drive

:)

Enano1985, Jun 16, 2021

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Keyboard charachters don´t match

How to correct keyboard charachters if language region does match correct keyboard but charachters still don´t.

RodrigoIzquierdo, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Regular keys don't work but special ones do on multiple keyboards - Similar Threads - Regular keys don't

2. My keyboard Keys don't work!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard Keys don't work!: I have a Rog Strix gaming laptop, I've only noticed this problem consisting recently starting 3 days ago. I'm having trouble with seeing if the problem resides with my laptop keyboard or the os. The Key I have trouble using s, w, x, z, as well as my esc button. and probably...
  3. My keyboard Keys don't work!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard Keys don't work!: I have a Rog Strix gaming laptop, I've only noticed this problem consisting recently starting 3 days ago. I'm having trouble with seeing if the problem resides with my laptop keyboard or the os. The Key I have trouble using s, w, x, z, as well as my esc button. and probably...
  4. Special Function Key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Special Function Key not working: I have an Lenovo Ideapad S145 And lenovo has their own set of special functions Volume up/down, Mic On/Off, Touchpad Enabled/Disabled etc.For some reason the Camera Privacy Mode on/off function key doesnt work When I click it shows the screen overlay as camera off but it...
  5. Special Function Key not working

Special Function Key not working: I have an Lenovo Ideapad S145 And lenovo has their own set of special functions Volume up/down, Mic On/Off, Touchpad Enabled/Disabled etc.For some reason the Camera Privacy Mode on/off function key doesnt work When I click it shows the screen overlay as camera off but it...
  6. Special Function Key not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Some keyboard keys don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keyboard keys don't work: Hi again!I needed to create a new account since I couldn't manage to login with the previous one.Anyhow.My laptop is a Lenovo 330-15ARR. It's some time that the following problem happens:These keys don't work all the time: 4 5 R T F G V B. Others are fine.When they don't work...
  8. Some keyboard keys don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keyboard keys don't work: Hi again!I needed to create a new account since I couldn't manage to login with the previous one.Anyhow.My laptop is a Lenovo 330-15ARR. It's some time that the following problem happens:These keys don't work all the time: 4 5 R T F G V B. Others are fine.When they don't work...
  9. Some keyboard keys don't work

10. SOME SPECIAL KEYS on my keyboard don't work in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOME SPECIAL KEYS on my keyboard don't work in game: when i use trhe computer for gaming the only keys that dont respond is TAB, Ctrl and Alt can someone please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-special-keys-on-my-keyboard-dont-work-in-game/3c54d23d-9e72-48e8-a351-96a1029cf12d