Windows 10: regular recurring buzzing sound after windows 10 update to creators update

Discus and support regular recurring buzzing sound after windows 10 update to creators update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell E6400 which ran very well on win 10 until windows update (to creators update) forced me to update. Since then I have a regular buzzing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TriP1, Sep 3, 2019.

1. TriP1 Win User

regular recurring buzzing sound after windows 10 update to creators update

I have a Dell E6400 which ran very well on win 10 until windows update (to creators update) forced me to update. Since then I have a regular buzzing sound that keeps on popping every 10 seconds. Before the update, I checked that my IDT High Definition CODEC driver was version 6.10.6467.0 dated March 14 2013. After the update however, the IDT High definition driver became version 6.10.0.6292 dated July 22 2010. I have attempted to update the driver in device manager but it keeps telling me that the latest version is already installed. Going through Winzip driver update also confirmed that it is the latest driver though clearly I had the 2013 version before Windows update.

Attempt to manually download the IDT HD CODEC driver 2013 version was futile.

My other sound driver High Definition Audio Device was 10.0.16299.251 (Feb 21 2018) (before update) did go to 10.0.183262.1 dated March 18 2019.

I went through all the steps to get rid of the buzzing sound (ie sound enhancements on/off) but nothing works. I have rolled back to the previous Windows 10 build which eliminated the buzzing problem but within a day, Windows update mandated me to upgrade to Creators update again, so I am back to square one. I am pretty sure it is not a hardware issue as rolling back to previous windows 10 build does eliminate the buzzing sound.

Please advise what I should do

:)

TriP1, Sep 3, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

regular recurring buzzing sound after windows 10 update to creators update pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Sep 3, 2019
  4. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

1. regular recurring buzzing sound after windows 10 update to creators update - Similar Threads - regular recurring buzzing

2. Recurring windows startup sound after Quality Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring windows startup sound after Quality Update: Recurring windows startup sound after Quality Update KB5025221 to Window 10 V22H2. Uninstalled update and problem resolved. Is there a better solution?I installed Quality Update KB5025221 and restart tone sequence played over and over every few seconds after system...
  3. Recurring windows startup sound after Quality Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recurring windows startup sound after Quality Update: Recurring windows startup sound after Quality Update KB5025221 to Window 10 V22H2. Uninstalled update and problem resolved. Is there a better solution?I installed Quality Update KB5025221 and restart tone sequence played over and over every few seconds after system...
  4. Recurring windows startup sound after Quality Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 feezing and buzzing sound after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 feezing and buzzing sound after last update: Hi, I noticed that my laptop start freezing randomly and buzzing sound. also i heard from trend micro that the KB4535996 is causing the freeze, but i can't found it to uninstall it. https://success.trendmicro.com/solution/000247336...
  6. Fall Creator's Update and Sound

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creator's Update and Sound: I finally got the 1709 Fall Creator's Update on my Dell Optiplex 330. At first, I thought it was flawless, but then realized that my "Line In" sound wasn't working, which I use on a regular basis, even though no errors were being shown in Device Manager. Not wanting to...
  7. Sound delay Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound delay Windows 10 Creators Update: I have a brand new Dell XPS-13 ultraportable with Windows 10 Creators Update. There is a sound delay of 1-2 seconds. To see how this works go to Control Panel>Sound>Sound properties>Asterisk>test When "Test" is clicked the sound should be instantaneous but on my laptop...
  8. No sound from headphone jacks after Windows 10 Creator Update

No sound from headphone jacks after Windows 10 Creator Update: After Windows 10 updated with the Creators Update last night, my earbuds now have no sound. (They were fine yesterday.) They plug into the laptop's 3.5 mm headphone jacks. I've unplugged and plugged into both of the available headphone jacks. If I unplug the earbuds,...
  9. Sound icon doesn't work after creator update.

Sound icon doesn't work after creator update.: Nothing happens when I left click on the sound icon following the creator update. Right click gives a working menu. How can I get the left click volume control back? 82101
  10. Windows 10 Creator’s Update – No Video, No Sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creator’s Update – No Video, No Sound: I am using an Intel DZ68DB motherboard with an i7-2600K CPU. I had been using Windows 10 Version 1511 with my system running stable and with no issues. Microsoft just ‘sent’ me the Creator’s Update, which is Windows 10 Version 1703. Now, my computer will no longer play...