Windows 10: Regular sfc errors across 3 systems not 4th only commonality is the same mirosoft account.

Discus and support Regular sfc errors across 3 systems not 4th only commonality is the same mirosoft account. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello all,I have 2 desktops and a laptop and I sign into all 3 with the same microsoft account all 3 regualarly have sfc errors. This was almost daily... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bernard#88, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Regular sfc errors across 3 systems not 4th only commonality is the same mirosoft account.

Hello all,I have 2 desktops and a laptop and I sign into all 3 with the same microsoft account all 3 regualarly have sfc errors. This was almost daily but since turning off wake timers on all 3 machines it has reduced to every few days. All machines have the latest updates, including graphics drivers and chipsets.All 3 have been recently wiped and had windows 10 Pro freshly installed from a fresh iso generated on a PC without issues in an attempt to stop the problem. This did not work.Sfc and Dism have been used extensively in attemps to fix the problems. All machines have passed memtest wit

:)

Bernard#88, Jun 19, 2024

2. MS-DOS Troubleshooter: Resolving Common Application Errors

The MS-DOS Troubleshooter is a comprehensive guide designed to help users diagnose and resolve common errors encountered while running MS-DOS applications. MS-DOS (Microsoft Disk Operating System) was a foundational operating system used before the graphical interfaces of modern Windows versions. Although it's no longer the primary OS, legacy MS-DOS applications are still used, and this guide aims to assist users in troubleshooting and resolving issues that may arise during their operation.

Table of Contents:

1. Understanding MS-DOS Applications:
      • Brief overview of MS-DOS applications and their significance.
      • Explanation of why certain errors may occur due to compatibility or environment factors.
    2. Common Error Messages:
      • Identification and explanation of frequently encountered error messages.
      • Possible causes behind each error message.
    3. Troubleshooting Steps:
      • A step-by-step approach to diagnose and resolve issues effectively.
    4. 1. Check Compatibility:
      • How to determine if an application is compatible with your current operating system.
      • Techniques for running legacy applications in compatibility mode.
    5. 2. Memory and System Resources:
      • Managing memory settings to ensure sufficient resources for the application.
      • Recommendations for adjusting memory allocation to prevent crashes.
    6. 3. Command Line Parameters:
      • Explanation of how to use command line parameters to customize application behavior.
      • Example command line options for specific applications.
    7. 4. Screen and Display Settings:
      • Adjusting screen resolution and other display settings for optimal application performance.
      • Handling issues related to screen flickering, text mode, and colors.
    8. 5. Keyboard and Mouse Configuration:
      • Techniques for resolving keyboard and mouse-related problems.
      • Configuring keyboard shortcuts and mouse behavior within the application.
    9. 6. File Associations and Handlers:
      • How to associate specific file types with MS-DOS applications.
      • Solving issues with opening files using the correct application.
    10. 7. Running Application as Administrator:
      • How to elevate privileges to run an application as an administrator.
      • Addressing permission-related errors and accessing system resources.
    11. 8. Backup and Restore:
      • The importance of backing up critical application data and settings.
      • Steps to restore a backup in case of data corruption or application failure.
    12. Additional Resources:
      • Links to online forums, communities, and resources for advanced troubleshooting.
      • Suggestions for seeking expert assistance when encountering complex issues.
    Conclusion: The MS-DOS Troubleshooter empowers users to tackle common errors encountered while running MS-DOS applications. By following the step-by-step instructions and best practices provided in this guide, users can efficiently diagnose and resolve issues, ensuring a smoother experience with legacy software. Whether it's tweaking settings, adjusting memory allocation, or using command line parameters, the troubleshooter equips users with the knowledge to overcome challenges and maximize the compatibility of MS-DOS applications on modern systems.

Try me out!

jayden Asar, Jun 19, 2024
  3. continuous error message: there was a problem starting C:\PROGRAM~1\COMMON~1\System\SysMenu.dll The spesific module could not be found

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

In order to troubleshoot the issue, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Jun 19, 2024
  4. Regular sfc errors across 3 systems not 4th only commonality is the same mirosoft account.

Only 3 items listed in Programs and Features after installing Windows 10

Hello Claire,

Thank you for posting your concern in Mirosoft Community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that installed programs not listed in Add or remove programs.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 19, 2024
Thema:

Regular sfc errors across 3 systems not 4th only commonality is the same mirosoft account.

1. Regular sfc errors across 3 systems not 4th only commonality is the same mirosoft account. - Similar Threads - Regular sfc errors

2. Regular sfc errors across 3 systems not 4th only commonality is the same mirosoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regular sfc errors across 3 systems not 4th only commonality is the same mirosoft account.: Hello all,I have 2 desktops and a laptop and I sign into all 3 with the same microsoft account all 3 regualarly have sfc errors. This was almost daily but since turning off wake timers on all 3 machines it has reduced to every few days. All machines have the latest updates,...
  3. Regular sfc errors across 3 systems not 4th only commonality is the same mirosoft account.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regular sfc errors across 3 systems not 4th only commonality is the same mirosoft account.: Hello all,I have 2 desktops and a laptop and I sign into all 3 with the same microsoft account all 3 regualarly have sfc errors. This was almost daily but since turning off wake timers on all 3 machines it has reduced to every few days. All machines have the latest updates,...
  4. sfc scan run regularly finds errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc scan run regularly finds errors: I run dism followed by a sfc /scannow several times a week and it finds errors pretty regularly. Is that supposed to happen? I'm on Windows 10 and I have the latest updates....
  5. sfc scan run regularly finds errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc scan run regularly finds errors: I run dism followed by a sfc /scannow several times a week and it finds errors pretty regularly. Is that supposed to happen? I'm on Windows 10 and I have the latest updates....
  6. sfc scan run regularly finds errors

7. Mirosoft account troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mirosoft account troubles: Hello!I changed my email on my microsoft account, and now a couple of unwanted changes happened.-My web browser firefox has changed from using google to bing despite the efforts to change it- Minecraft for Windows 10, allows me to sign in but I cannot play online, access the...
  8. Mirosoft account troubles

Mirosoft account troubles: Hello!I changed my email on my microsoft account, and now a couple of unwanted changes happened.-My web browser firefox has changed from using google to bing despite the efforts to change it- Minecraft for Windows 10, allows me to sign in but I cannot play online, access the...
  9. Mirosoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mirosoft account: When I login it says that can't be logged into my Microsoft account and I have a temporary Microsoft profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirosoft-account/6b908f04-edc9-440f-ad81-a50ae6291541"
  10. Showing downloaded applications across accounts on the same computer

Showing downloaded applications across accounts on the same computer: I was just trying to download a game but was getting the same error over and over when trying to do it in different ways. The solution I did was making a new administrative account on the same computer to download it. I was able to download it on that account, and I thought...