Windows 10: Regular system freeze with HD LED stuck ON

Discus and support Regular system freeze with HD LED stuck ON in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, i never had that on 7; since i'm on 10, and that's for all units, the system freeze very often. First i thought it's cause of WinDefender but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by unko, Aug 13, 2016.

1. unko Win User

Regular system freeze with HD LED stuck ON

Hello, i never had that on 7; since i'm on 10, and that's for all units, the system freeze very often. First i thought it's cause of WinDefender but nothing changed after turning it off.. I have no idea what's causing this, do you? I use TeraCopy and transfers are utterly slow, often they just freeze after a while. The app seem compatible with 10 though..

:)

2. Lou.- Win User

Windows 10 32-bit (1607) - freeze with Intel HD 4400 windows stock driver

Hi,

I'm experiencing regular freezes of my windows system. What it turned out that allways the update of the stock intel graphics HD 4400 driver is installed via the windows update mechanism, the system freezes regularely.

I tried to avoid any update of the windows drivers via settings in the group policy settings but it didn't help and the windows updated driver was suddenly installed again and causes a system freeze.

I'm quite lost...

Lou.-, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Windows move after primary display turns back on

Hi Tom,

To help you regarding the issue about your 4K monitor with a DisplayPort connection, please double check if you have the latest driver for your video card. 4K monitors have high requirements compared to regular HD LCD/LED monitors.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 13, 2016
  4. Regular system freeze with HD LED stuck ON

Hello Unko,

Please, finish filling out your System Specs, so we can better assist you, thanks. *Smile
    View Profile: unko - Windows 10 Help Forums

Download Speccy, use this utility to complete you System Specs.
    Speccy - Free Download

When are you experiencing the freeze ups?

For example: While browsing the Internet with Edge Browser or Internet Explorer.

While using a certain program.

Are you experiencing any odd system behavior, such as, black or blue screens, error codes, blinking graphics, sound distortion, etc?

Does your Computer startup or turn off slowly?

Do you have more than one user account, if so, are you experiencing freeze ups on all accounts?

Are you using Windows Defender?

Other tha TeraCopy, what other third-party programs do you have installed.

Which version of Windows did you upgrade from?

Please, address each question as best as you can. We have a reason for asking, thanks.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 13, 2016
  5. unko Win User
    I can't answer all now, I don't have the time. However I can tell I started from zero with the anniversary edition ISO.

Defender's off, replaced by Avira. That happens mostly using explorer so far. Absolutely no other issues!

6. unko Win User
    I caught it up and saw it was mostly Antivir eating CPU. Though there was another, sadly i already forgot the name, will update as soon as it shows up again!

7. unko Win User
    My main unit is a Thinkpad x230. It keeps doing it, way more than once an hour. I suspect AntiVir but no idea how to fix.. Perhaps that's a common issue with W10 and you may have a thread link with the most common culprit to test?

unko, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Regular system freeze with HD LED stuck ON

1. Regular system freeze with HD LED stuck ON - Similar Threads - Regular system freeze

2. Regular and consistent display freeze.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regular and consistent display freeze.: Hi, I have an unusual problem. I have a new Ryzen 9 7950X / X670E Steel Legend Motherboard with 64Gb DDR5 RAM, an nVidia RTX 4090 and 4TB SSD running Windows 11. I primarily use MSFS SU11 in VR Varjo Aero. Every 9-12 minutes the monitor or VR headset freezes for around half a...
  3. regular freezing with BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regular freezing with BSOD: Hello,My Lenovo is having issues with regular BSOD. The error code given by WhoCrashed is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I can't narrow it down to a sepefic cause based on these. Please help and thank you! I should add that the system cannot detect my speakers after the last BSOD....
  4. regular freezing with BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    regular freezing with BSOD: Hello,My Lenovo is having issues with regular BSOD. The error code given by WhoCrashed is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I can't narrow it down to a sepefic cause based on these. Please help and thank you! I should add that the system cannot detect my speakers after the last BSOD....
  5. regular freezing with BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    regular freezing with BSOD: Hello,My Lenovo is having issues with regular BSOD. The error code given by WhoCrashed is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I can't narrow it down to a sepefic cause based on these. Please help and thank you! The dump files can be found...
  6. Pc freeze, no bsod, dram led on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freeze, no bsod, dram led on: 3 days ago I got the pc components pc specs, i assembled the pc and everything worked fine for 48 hours. Now the pc, even without loads, freeze and does not bsod, I have to turn it off from the button on the case and when restart, the yellow led on dram lights up. To solve I...
  7. Pc freeze, no bsod, dram led on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc freeze, no bsod, dram led on: 3 days ago I got the pc components pc specs, i assembled the pc and everything worked fine for 48 hours. Now the pc, even without loads, freeze and does not bsod, I have to turn it off from the button on the case and when restart, the yellow led on dram lights up. To solve I...
  8. Pc freeze, no bsod, dram led on

9. Windows crashes or freezes regularly

Windows crashes or freezes regularly: My Windows 10 Lenovo desktop (ideacentre 310S-081AP) has been regularly crashing for almost the last three weeks. Often it freezes, usually after about a half hour of use, often during a YouTube video, but even when only using email. Occasionally it will freeze during a...
  10. Regular freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Regular freezing: Hi, Windows seems to freeze every 30 minutes or so on my HP 255 G3 Notebook PC. Keyboard and mouse unresponsive. It doesn't come back and I have to power off. Reliability Monitor just says "Windows unexpectedly shut down". UEFI tests show all hardware to be working...