Windows 10: Regularly seeing "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account error" in Office

Discus and support Regularly seeing "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account error" in Office in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; At least once a week, I get a message from Windows saying "Microsoft Account Problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely your password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Codie Leseman, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Regularly seeing "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account error" in Office

At least once a week, I get a message from Windows saying "Microsoft Account Problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely your password changed." and a message in Microsoft Office products saying, "Account Error. Sorry, we can't get to your account right now. To fix this, please sign in again." If I sign in to Microsoft, the problem goes away temporarily, but it always comes back.

When I originally installed Windows 10, it automatically created a 5-letter folder in C:\Users. I didn't like the five letter folder, so I made a new User account, made that account the Administrator, and deleted everything from the 5-letter folder. Could this be causing this problem? Do I need to completely reinstall Windows to fix it? Please help.

:)

Codie Leseman, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Regularly seeing "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account error" in Office :(

Zakin, Mar 27, 2020
  3. silkstone Win User
    Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

I was thinking of doing that, but it will be a PITA setting everything up on the 2nd account again. I might go that way and just spend the time getting the account in order.

The problem is, I would need to switch at the start of every day. Extra reset and waiting for the settings to be applied etc. Also, I'm not sure whether one drive would be maintained after switching back to a local account. I wouldn't want to have to re-sync every time I logged in. I may have to do some testing to see if onedrive is maintained after switching back to a local account.

silkstone, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Addie Win User

Regularly seeing "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account error" in Office

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Regularly seeing "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account error" in Office

1. Regularly seeing "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account error" in Office - Similar Threads - Regularly seeing Microsoft

2. microsoft account linked to windows account problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft account linked to windows account problem: What happens when i close the microsoft account, that im logged into as admin on my windows system? It is the only account on this device, and windows has blessed me with no option whatsoever to change that. I dont want to create another admin acc, because im not feeling like...
  3. microsoft account linked to windows account problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft account linked to windows account problem: What happens when i close the microsoft account, that im logged into as admin on my windows system? It is the only account on this device, and windows has blessed me with no option whatsoever to change that. I dont want to create another admin acc, because im not feeling like...
  4. microsoft account linked to windows account problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem connecting to account on office suite

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem connecting to account on office suite: Hello, I have created my account and registered my office product key on it to download office suite for mac. Now that have downloaded it, i am asked to log in on the apps themselves in order to be able to create and modify files. However it says that my account does not...
  6. Microsoft accounts and MS Office

Microsoft accounts and MS Office: I am constantly getting a message to update my security on my Hotmail and Gmail account. I have removed both and added again but this still continues. Also a recently added MS Office 365 stops working and I have to reload! What is going on????...
  7. Windows "Microsoft account problem" and Office "Account Error" messages about once a week

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows "Microsoft account problem" and Office "Account Error" messages about once a week: Every week I get these error messages in Windows 10 and in Office programs. If I sign into my Microsoft account with my password, the messages go away for about a week, but they always come back. What is causing this? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account Error" in Office about once per week

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account Error" in Office about once per week: Every week or so I get these error messages in Windows 10 and in Office programs. If I sign into my Microsoft account with my password, the messages go away for about a week, but they always come back. What is causing this? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Problem with Office 365 account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem with Office 365 account: Machine is a Dell Inspiron 4477 AIO running Windows 10 1809 and Office 365. Today I decided to check for updates to Office so I opened Excel, chose File/Accounts and got a message saying, "there were problems with my account. To fix them please sign in again." plus a box...
  10. Problem with Office 365 account

Problem with Office 365 account: Machine is a Dell Inspiron 4477 AIO running Windows 10 1809 and Office 365. Today I decided to check for updates to Office so I opened Excel, chose File/Accounts and got a message saying, "there were problems with my account. To fix them please sign in again." plus a box...