Windows 10: Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10

Discus and support Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 home pc with the OS on the SSD and the data on an HDD. Having problems with the Windows operation and want to install a new edition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JWPluto, Dec 2, 2021.

1. JWPluto Win User

Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10

I have a windows 10 home pc with the OS on the SSD and the data on an HDD. Having problems with the Windows operation and want to install a new edition on to the SSD. Do I need to format the SSD before the install? OS won’t let me create a recovery DISC or flash drive.PC is equipped with an i7-3770 and 32 GB RAM.Thank you !

:)

JWPluto, Dec 2, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2021
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reinstall fresh onto

2. Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10: I have a windows 10 home pc with the OS on the SSD and the data on an HDD. Having problems with the Windows operation and want to install a new edition on to the SSD. Do I need to format the SSD before the install? OS won’t let me create a recovery DISC or flash drive.PC is...
  3. Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10: I have a windows 10 home pc with the OS on the SSD and the data on an HDD. Having problems with the Windows operation and want to install a new edition on to the SSD. Do I need to format the SSD before the install? OS won’t let me create a recovery DISC or flash drive.PC is...
  4. Reinstall windows 10 onto laptop with failed SSD.

Reinstall windows 10 onto laptop with failed SSD.: Hi all,A little bit ago my laptops SSD failed. I had an old computer to use as a backup and was doing so until it recently started experiencing some major lags. I decided to replace my SSD in my ASUS Ux430 and try to get it up and running again. The old SSD had windows 10 on...
  5. Reinstall Windows 10 on ssd

Reinstall Windows 10 on ssd: Hi, I installed windows 10 on my new ssd. But when i tried to boot my ssd, it wants me to install windows again, and this time i'm not able to select any disk to install windows. Can anyone advise me?...
  6. Reinstall windows 10 onto ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall windows 10 onto ssd: So i got a 1tb ssd and was wondering how i set it up and install windows onto it. Right now i use a 1tb hard drive with windows and all of my stuff on it. How do i install windows onto my SSD? Do i install windows 10 onto a flash drive and use it as my boot device? Or do i...
  7. Reinstalling Windows onto a new motherboard with an ssd that has windows on it already

Reinstalling Windows onto a new motherboard with an ssd that has windows on it already: I had windows installed on an ssd and i exchanged the motherboard for another one. i rebuilt my pc with the new mobo and it wouldn’t load past bios despite not wiping my ssd. i put my usb key with windows on it to reinstall it and it asked me which partition to install it...
  8. is it okay to migrate windows 10 onto an ssd if i've already installed applications onto...

is it okay to migrate windows 10 onto an ssd if i've already installed applications onto...: i've recently bought a 1TB nvme ssd and was only planning on downloading games on it. but after a while people told me that moving the entire OS onto the ssd would speed up boot times not only for the PC, but for applications as well. thing is i've already installed a few...
  9. reinstalling w10 onto ssd?

reinstalling w10 onto ssd?: laptop comes with 2 drives it looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/bDw1QSf disk 1= hdd disk 0 = sdd question #1: im guessing w10 is running on the hdd? but the sdd says it has 'system' w/e that means w10 installed, is activated did the windows updates problem:...
  10. Reinstalled windows 10 onto my ssd everything is gone

Reinstalled windows 10 onto my ssd everything is gone: I reinstalled windows 10 onto my new ssd from the usb media and wen i loaded my desktop back up all my apps and games were gone. I check my hardrive and the storage is still there with everything but i have to reinstall everything even tho its on my drive. When i do...