Windows 10: Reinstall a hard disk

Discus and support Reinstall a hard disk in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I must re-install Windows on a laptop, I've created a bootable flash disk, but apparently the hard disk it self is uninstalled. I can't find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RollandusGuen, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Reinstall a hard disk

Hi,

I must re-install Windows on a laptop, I've created a bootable flash disk, but apparently the hard disk it self is uninstalled. I can't find the driver. It is driver wdc wd10spcx-24z10. Can you help me ?

:)

RollandusGuen, Oct 10, 2019

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Compumind Win User
    Compumind, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Reinstall a hard disk

Hard disk partition not showing up.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can happen if the Hard-disk drivers are not up-to date. I would suggest you to update the hard disk drivers first. To update the drivers, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Then Expand “Disk drives”.
    3. Then Right click on the Hard-disk listed under this category.
    4. Then click on Update drivers.
    5. Alternatively you can also try to update the drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Once the hard-disk drivers are updated, you will need to allocate the last partition (it is not allocated according to the screenshot) and you will be able to view the partition.

Also note that sometimes the hard disk partitions/drives might be hidden in This PC or My Computer window due to a Registry key. If a DWORD with the name NoViewOnDrive or NoDrives is present under following key in Registry Editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer

Delete the DWORD and your drives will become visible in My Computer window.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Reinstall a hard disk

1. Reinstall a hard disk - Similar Threads - Reinstall hard disk

2. Hard disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk: Dear All,Recently I reinstalled my windows 11 after crashing. I had two hard disks. One is SDD which is working fine. But another hard disk is failing to initialize. I tried to initialize it, but it showed the message "a device which does not exist was specified." It would be...
  3. Removing and reinstalling a hard disk with Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing and reinstalling a hard disk with Win 10?: Hallo had bought a used PC...and the seller had to send the hard disk with Win 10 extra... When it comes to me, can I reinstall the hard drive as normal and use it without any problems? Or do I have to do something new? Hardware would be the same... Festplatte mit Win 10...
  4. reinstal windows after changing my hard disk

reinstal windows after changing my hard disk: Hello! I change my my laptop hard disk because it is not work suddenly so I want to reintal windows 10 home like I hade and was activated with digital licens ....
  5. Reinstalling windows after Hard disk crashed.

Reinstalling windows after Hard disk crashed.: Hello, I have Lenovo laptop which I bought around 5 yrs back with genuine windows 7 Home premium with product key. I have updated it to windows 10 when windows 10 update notification was popping up into notification box. Everything was working fine for me from the last...
  6. Reinstalling windows 10 after hard disk replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling windows 10 after hard disk replacement: I had upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. However, my hard disk crashed and my service provider re installed window 7 after installing new hard disk. Can I still upgrade to Windows 10 and windows will identify earlier activation if its not based on hard disk....
  7. No hard disk????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No hard disk????: So, there are many desktops not working in my school, but this is a weird one I'm talking about. It says on the screen: "Alert! No Hard disk" It's the second time it has happened. Is this a malfunction or not?...
  8. Reinstalling Win 10 on new Hard Disk Drive

Reinstalling Win 10 on new Hard Disk Drive: I am using (for some years) a Toshiba Laptop that came with pre-installed Win 8. I upgraded this to Win 10, during the free upgrade period. Because my Laptop was becoming very slow, I have just fixed a new SSD Hard Disk Drive to this Toshiba Laptop. How do I now transfer /...
  9. Reinstalling windows after hard disk change

Reinstalling windows after hard disk change: Hello, Windows 10 is installed on my computer on 1000 GB HDD. I want to replace the HDD with a new one which sizes only 500 GB. I made a recovery DOK and tried using it to reinstall windows on the new HDD, but I got an error saying the size is too small. How can I reinstall...
  10. Hard Disk Unusable/Unallocated after Reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Disk Unusable/Unallocated after Reinstall Windows 10: Hi all, I wanted to reinstall Windows 10 and format my C: drive. To do this, I used this guide. All went well, I created a bootable USB-stick with the Windows installer on it. Unfortunately, I forgot to disconnect any devices and/or drives before installing. This caused...