Windows 10: Reinstall activation code after hard drive crash

Discus and support Reinstall activation code after hard drive crash in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. I purchased Win 7 pro and have disk and product code. I upgraded to Win 10 pro when it was offered for free. My hard drive failed and I want to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by W. R. Book, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Reinstall activation code after hard drive crash

Hi. I purchased Win 7 pro and have disk and product code. I upgraded to Win 10 pro when it was offered for free. My hard drive failed and I want to do a clean re-install of Win 10 Pro. I just bought a keyless Win 10 Pro disk. What product code or procedure can I use for a valid installation?

:)

W. R. Book, Jul 20, 2019

2. Hard Drive Crash Reinstalling Windows

I have a Lenova computer that I purchased four years ago. It came with Windows 8 pre-installed. As I understand it, the Authentication Key-code was embedded in the BIOS and didn't come as a sticker with the computer. The computer automatically updated
    to windows 10. It was a free upgrade.

Recently the Hard Drive has crashed and is dead. The computer is still in good shape. I would like to install a new hard drive. How do I go about getting Windows 10 for the new hard drive. What are the steps I need to take?

Thank you,

Jeff

JeffBursch, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade - reinstall after hard drive crash

My hard drive crashed last night and I need to install a new one. I had upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 Pro. I was told that my activation key is tied to my original Windows 8.1 installation. What are the steps needed to correctly reinstall Windows

Do I reinstall Windows 8.1 and then upgrade to Windows 10? (Since it is tied to my original Windows 8 product key)

or

Do I install Windows 10? Where can I get the media? How do I activate it?

DougVillaire, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Reinstall activation code after hard drive crash

Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Reinstall activation code after hard drive crash

1. Reinstall activation code after hard drive crash - Similar Threads - Reinstall activation code

2. Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop. It is fairly old, bought new around 2007ish. It came with Windows 7 as the original OS. Over the years, it has updated to newer versions all on its own. It's now running Windows 10.A couple of weeks ago, it was attempting to update to the newest...
  3. Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop. It is fairly old, bought new around 2007ish. It came with Windows 7 as the original OS. Over the years, it has updated to newer versions all on its own. It's now running Windows 10.A couple of weeks ago, it was attempting to update to the newest...
  4. Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activation After Change of Hard Drive

Activation After Change of Hard Drive: I have just purchased a new SSD hard drive for my PC and have successfully created a boot DVD using the Media Creation Tool. I am about to install Windows 10 Pro to my aging Dell Vostro 430. Under "Activation" in "Settings" it states "Windows is activated with a digital...
  6. reinstalling windows 10 - hard drive crashed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstalling windows 10 - hard drive crashed: How do I reinstall windows 10 after I install a new hard drive - old hard drive died - where do I go to obtain a windows 10 copy - I will have to download to a thumb drive in order to get a copy of Windows 10...
  7. Reinstalling windows after Hard disk crashed.

Reinstalling windows after Hard disk crashed.: Hello, I have Lenovo laptop which I bought around 5 yrs back with genuine windows 7 Home premium with product key. I have updated it to windows 10 when windows 10 update notification was popping up into notification box. Everything was working fine for me from the last...
  8. Activation after replacing hard drive

Activation after replacing hard drive: Hi! I will be replacing my faulty hard drive with an SSD next week. I am concerned about how reactivation works for this. Is it automatic/free? I have an HP laptop with OEM activation. I have reinstalled Windows before, but never a clean installation on a brand new drive....
  9. Problems after reinstalling old hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems after reinstalling old hard drive: Hello, I'm a tech consultant in a major big-box retailer. A customer came in with a laptop they had purchased from another retailer and was complaining about the overall sluggish performance of the machine. Its running an AMD A6 with 4GB of RAM and a 5400rpm HDD, so its...
  10. Help trying to reinstall windows 10 after hard drive crash

Help trying to reinstall windows 10 after hard drive crash: I had a laptop that came with windows 8 pro installed. When Microsoft offered the free upgrade to windows 10, I accepted that offer. I have no original windows 10 disk. I kept the installation regularly updated, but never made a rescue disk. When my hard drive crashed, I ran...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how we activate windows 10 if hard disk crash

2. how to reinstall h&r 2019 after disk crashed

3. reinstall windows on new hard disk activation problem

4. win 10 activation after disk crash,
  5. have win 7 upgraded to win10/ hard drive crashed/ must i reinstall win 7 or go straight to win 10