Windows 10: Reinstall, activation issues.

Discus and support Reinstall, activation issues. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, First post, so be gentle please. I was given a Lenovo desktop PC, that has an original Windows 8 installation but upgraded to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mazzone10, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Mazzone10 Win User

Reinstall, activation issues.

Hi all,

First post, so be gentle please.

I was given a Lenovo desktop PC, that has an original Windows 8 installation but upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade.

I've been using it fine until the recent update. Now the PC gets to the boot screen, then the screen goes black and I can't login. I can manage to get into Safe Mode using the F7 key during boot up. I've tried using all the repair tools but to no avail so I'm going to have to concede and reinstall Windows. The issue I have is I don't know the details of the account the license key is linked to, and neither does the original owner. I'm not sure what to do to be honest as I don't want to lose Windows 10 but at the same time I need a usuable pc.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Mark.

:)

Mazzone10, Jun 23, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Reinstall, activation issues.

ACTIVATION ISSUE

Hi,

Activation issues with Windows 10 devices are usually caused due to some hardware changes. For us to provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• What changes have you made to your devices before this issue occurred?
    • Are your computers connected to a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest visiting these links. These can be used as a reference on how to activate Windows 10:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Reinstall, activation issues.

1. Reinstall, activation issues. - Similar Threads - Reinstall activation issues

2. Windows 10 activation issues after reinstalling windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 activation issues after reinstalling windows.: Hello,Was running into multiple issues for a few days, desided to completely wipe the pc and reinstall Windows 10. The PC is 7 years old and was installed with W7 at the time, I had done the W10 free upgrade. But now my issue is that W10 is saying that I don't have a valid...
  3. Windows 10 activation issues after reinstalling windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation issues after reinstalling windows.: Hello,Was running into multiple issues for a few days, desided to completely wipe the pc and reinstall Windows 10. The PC is 7 years old and was installed with W7 at the time, I had done the W10 free upgrade. But now my issue is that W10 is saying that I don't have a valid...
  4. Windows 11 Activation Issue After Reinstall 0xC004F012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation Issue After Reinstall 0xC004F012: I purchased Windows 11 Pro from the Microsoft Store, and a while afterward I needed to reinstall Windows due to a persistent problem with a BSoD. Since the reinstall, I have not been able to activate my copy of windows. I have tried the troubleshooter, ran through the...
  5. Windows 11 Activation Issue After Reinstall 0xC004F012

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Activation Issue After Reinstall 0xC004F012: I purchased Windows 11 Pro from the Microsoft Store, and a while afterward I needed to reinstall Windows due to a persistent problem with a BSoD. Since the reinstall, I have not been able to activate my copy of windows. I have tried the troubleshooter, ran through the...
  6. Reinstallation & Activation

Reinstallation & Activation: Here is the thing. I got a brand new laptop in 2018 with preinstalled "Windows 10 Pro Education" by the Local Government. I logged in my Microsoft account and the windows was activated. The status right now is "windows is activated with a digital license linked to your...
  7. Windows 10 Activation issue after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Activation issue after reinstallation: Hi, History: I originally had Windows 7 Home, came preinstalled with my HP laptop. I have upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro and then upgraded to Windows 10. Issue: My Windows 10 got corrupted and required to reinstall it. However, after reinstallation, my laptop rebooted...
  8. Reinstall & Activation

Reinstall & Activation: I have purchased a new device for about a year and a half and problems with the performance of a device I want to delete Windows 10 and reinstall it again But unfortunately I do not have the product key to reactivate Windows 10 again When I delete and install Windows 10 again...
  9. Reinstall not activating

Reinstall not activating: I have a machine I use for a lot of playing around. I reinstalled Windows 10 and it will not reactivate. I have no idea what the original hardware configuration was when it was first activated, but I did log in using my Windows ID, as well as take photos of the previous...
  10. Reinstall/Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall/Activation: Before i say "Go for it", did you try to reboot in "safe mode"? Can you safe any data he has downloaded previously? Did you try to find any thread here with a similar situation like yours? If you try all that i ask, and if you are sure that it will work, then nothing is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall windows activation