Windows 10: Reinstall an uninstalled driver? also black screen issue

Discus and support Reinstall an uninstalled driver? also black screen issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! So recently I got a pc, and my experience with it so far has been just awful. I needed 4 resets, and countless driver updates, and I’ve had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OmriSweiry, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Reinstall an uninstalled driver? also black screen issue

Hi! So recently I got a pc, and my experience with it so far has been just awful. I needed 4 resets, and countless driver updates, and I’ve had countless issues, and all in all I’m very disappointed. But this time, it was the worst. My entire screen is black other than my cursor, not to mention my windows button doesn’t work not allowing me to use anything at all. I searched it up and it said to uninstall my driver. So I did. It did nothing other than make my screen stretched I have an ultra wide monitor. So first things first, how do I reinstall this driver? Second things second, how do I f

:)

OmriSweiry, Sep 14, 2021

2. Gtx 460 black screen issue

I have an EVGA gtx 460 that has started acting odd. Every once in awhile I would get a black screen that would require a hard reset. Then eventually the other day, it wouldn't boot at all. It would boot to the windows logo and then black screen.

Replaced it with a spare card, booted up fine.

Put the 460 back in, black screen.

Booted in safe mode, boots fine.

Uninstalled driver and reboot to full windows... boots fine with no driver installed.

Reinstalled latest driver (was already on latest driver when this started) and rebooted. Black screen.

Booted into safe mode and uninstalled driver again.

Reboot to full windows, install old version of driver, reboot. Black screen.

Reboot to safe mode, uninstall driver, reboot to full windows install reeeeeaaally old version of driver. Reboot. Black screen....

So... the only time the card works is when there is no nvidia driver installed... weird.

Anybody got any ideas? I haven't tried testing it in a clean windows install yet, but that's my next step I guess.

Papahyooie, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How to Uninstall Windows 10 whilst having black screen problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

Black screen errors can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    You can delete the test account.

Refer the link below and check if it helps

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Sep 14, 2021
  4. Reinstall an uninstalled driver? also black screen issue

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Reinstall an uninstalled driver? also black screen issue :confused:

oli_ramsay, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Reinstall an uninstalled driver? also black screen issue

1. Reinstall an uninstalled driver? also black screen issue - Similar Threads - Reinstall uninstalled driver

2. screen flickering after reinstalling nvidia drivers uninstalled with DDU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen flickering after reinstalling nvidia drivers uninstalled with DDU: After reinsatalling with NO internet my screen started to flicker and go black. Some people said its because windows downloaded drivers aswell but i had no internet connection. How can i fix this can someone help ? PC is unuseable Edit: everything seems blurrier than before...
  3. screen flickering after reinstalling nvidia drivers uninstalled with DDU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen flickering after reinstalling nvidia drivers uninstalled with DDU: After reinsatalling with NO internet my screen started to flicker and go black. Some people said its because windows downloaded drivers aswell but i had no internet connection. How can i fix this can someone help ? PC is unuseable Edit: everything seems blurrier than before...
  4. screen flickering after reinstalling nvidia drivers uninstalled with DDU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to reinstall uninstalled unknown drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to reinstall uninstalled unknown drivers: I opened my device manager to fix something concerning PnP, and I saw that there was an unknown driver. I looked online and it said somewhere that you should uninstall it, and when you restart your pc it'll reinstall. This did not happen, and I don't know how to get said...
  6. Uninstall and reinstall amd drivers.

Uninstall and reinstall amd drivers.: My amd software suddenly stopped working and i cannot open it, when i try opening it it tells me that i have to install drivers compatible to my gpu, i updated the drivers in Device manager but as usual nothing changed. I downloaded a DDU to delete all drivers but then i got...
  7. Driver uninstall - reinstall issue with Win10

Driver uninstall - reinstall issue with Win10: Win 10 64 bit. Dell. Intel Xeon E3-1271 v3. 3.6Ghz 16Gig ram Just transitioned to Win10 from Win 7 where all was well. 2 issues really. Driver not working. Uninstall fouled ST advises with WIN10, to use the INBOX DRIVER instead of their driver for their VCP...
  8. Driver uninstalled, how to reinstall

Driver uninstalled, how to reinstall: Hey, so since this morning my camera had stopped working when I tried to check the antivirus, etc., and nothing worked, and so I followed a step by uninstalling my driver and now my camera driver is gone from the device manager, how can I reinstall the driver?...
  9. Black Screen due to driver issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen due to driver issues: Hey there, So yesterday I updated my (very outdated) graphics driver to the latest version (previously on september 2018) and now I’ve blue screened and get a black screen after I login. I have 1 program that boots on startup and that is the only thing that shows up other...
  10. Uninstalled Bluetooth driver and cannot reinstall.

Uninstalled Bluetooth driver and cannot reinstall.: Hey all, Windows version: 1903 (Build 18362.418) So today I made a mistake and uninstalled, not disabled, my bluetooth driver from Device manager. No matter what I try, the driver will not come back. I have tried "showing hidden items" in device manager, downloading the...