Windows 10: Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

Discus and support Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Hello tfwul, *Smile If you had uninstalled the "App Connector" for all users, then this would be why it's not being found now. If this is the case,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

Brink, Aug 22, 2016

2. when i use all user reinstall re-register command it recovers every thing but stops on powerpoint app, it just initialize it and pause,*Sad
    I'm working on it i will response as soon as possible, thanks for your warm answer.

mohammadsdtmnd, Sep 16, 2016
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello mohammadsdtmnd, *Smile

Is it getting all your other default apps reinstalled?

Brink, Sep 16, 2016
  4. Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

i restarted windows and every app dissapeared*cry, by this command
    Code: Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore*\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode >> Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsCamera*\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode >> Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsCalculator*\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode >> Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsAlarms*\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode >> Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos*\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMod[/quote] something back like camera calculator.
    after running this
    Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote] those appearable are disappeared !

mohammadsdtmnd, Sep 17, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 17, 2016
  6. *Sad ok but , why Windows 10 is so buggy and it's too unreliable, what the hell are Microsoft team doing????*Mad

mohammadsdtmnd, Sep 18, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It really depends on if you have an Insider build and what you may be doing to your system that could be causing an issue.

The repair install should help get you back in order though.

Brink, Sep 18, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

The App Connector wouldn't update so I uninstalled it for the current account. I tried reinstalling it using your command but get the error shown below. I can't find the App Connector on the Store so how do I reinstall it and is it important? The App Connector is still present in other accounts.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *AppConnector*).InstallLocation + 'c:\windows\winsxs\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\windows\winsxs\AppxManifest.xml' because it does not exist.At line:1 char:106+ ... fest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manife ...+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\windows\winsxs\AppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Steve C, Dec 5, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Steve, *Smile

What build of Windows 10 do you have installed?

I don't seem to have any traces of the "App connector" app in build 14971.

This is what I found for what "App connector" is:

Brink, Dec 5, 2016
  10. Steve C Win User
    I'm still on Build 1511 (OS Build 10586.679). I would update to the AU but I have various additional drives and I'm wary of upgrading until I see mention that the missing drive / RAW format issue reported on the forum has been fixed.

I only uninstalled the App Connector (whatever it is) from my main admin account. It's still present in my backup admin account and other user accounts. The software for the App Connector must be on by PC somewhere but your command to reinstall it on page 1 doesn't find it for some reason.

Steve C, Dec 5, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    As a test, see if re-registering the "App connector" app for all users while signed in to another administrator account that still has it for that account may be able to restore it for your account.

Brink, Dec 5, 2016
  12. Steve C Win User
    OK I think I cracked it. I used TreeFinder to get the folder name where the Apps Conector app is installed in c:\program files\windows apps, then inserted the explicit path in the command on page 1 as follows:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *AppConnector*).InstallLocation + 'c:\program files\windowsapps\Microsoft.Appconnector_1.3.3.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

I don't know why the command on page 1 didn't find the app - is the command correct? I have App Connector working again - whether it actually matters is another issue!

Steve C, Dec 5, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Odd. Yeah, it should have found the package path since it's still located at the default location.

Brink, Dec 5, 2016
  14. Bastet Win User
    I think I have a problem with powershell, I'm trying to fix a spotlight problem & one of the solutions is to reregister/reinstall content delivery manager. I run Get-AppxPackage to get a list of apps so I can find the correct information to reinstall/reregister but all it does is give a pop up asking which program to use to open it, even using Get-AppxPackage -allusers | Select Name, PackageFullName does the same. I've run sfc & disc but all ok.
    Am I missing something?

Bastet, Dec 29, 2016
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reinstall register Apps

2. Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?: I want to reinstall Windows. I have 1 SSD and 1 HDD in my computer. All games and some programs are installed on the HDD. Windows is on the SSD.So, when I reinstall Windows, I'll disconnect the HDD so as not to confuse the disks. Then the Windows installation process will...
  3. Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?: I want to reinstall Windows. I have 1 SSD and 1 HDD in my computer. All games and some programs are installed on the HDD. Windows is on the SSD.So, when I reinstall Windows, I'll disconnect the HDD so as not to confuse the disks. Then the Windows installation process will...
  4. Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstalling and Re-registering apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reinstalling and Re-registering apps: Hi, Another user, another issue reinstalling and re-registering apps.Last week I upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM, and did a clean - CLEAN - install of Windows to mark the occasion. It's running fine except I don't have a lot of the default apps installed - from the...
  6. Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FreeBooter_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f053fs/reinstall_and_reregister_all_builtin_windows_apps/
  7. Re-Registering win10 apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-Registering win10 apps: 1) hi i'm trying to convert this powershell command to work in cmd file Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} how can i convert it to work like this PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy...
  8. Re-register Store app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Re-register Store app in Windows 10: How to: Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 How to Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to...
  9. Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and...
  10. Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...