Windows 10: Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

Discus and support Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10 This tutorial will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

How to: Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10

This tutorial will show you how to reinstall and re-register all built-in Windows apps for your user account or all user accounts in Windows 10.

Contents
    • Option One: To Reinstall and Re-register All Apps
    • Option Two: To Reinstall and Re-register Specific App for Current Account
    • Option Three: To Reinstall App from Microsoft Store for Current Account

EXAMPLE:

Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Reinstall and Re-register All Apps
    If a Windows app is already installed, then you will see a red error message in PowerShell letting you know for each one.

If you uninstalled an app for all user accounts, then this will not reinstall the app.

If you are not able to reinstall your app, then you will need to install your app from the Microsoft Store instead.

1 Do step 2 (current account) or step 3 (all accounts) below for what you would like to do.

2 To Reinstall and Re-Register All Windows Apps for Current Account Only
    A) Open Windows PowerShell.

B) Copy and paste the command below in PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)

Code:
    3 To Reinstall and Re-Register All Windows Apps for All Accounts
    A) Open an elevated Windows PowerShell.

B) Copy and paste the command below in PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)

Code:
    4 When finished, close PowerShell, and try opening the affected app again.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Reinstall and Re-register Specific App for Current Account
    If a Windows app is already installed, then you will see a red error message in PowerShell letting you know for each one.

If you uninstalled an app for all user accounts, then this will not reinstall the app.

If you are not able to reinstall your app, then you will need to install your app from the Microsoft Store instead.

1 Open a command prompt.

2 Copy and paste the command below for the Windows app you want to reset into the command prompt, and press Enter. When finished, you can close the command prompt if you like.

3D Builder
    Code:
    3D Viewer
    Code:
    Alarms & Clock
    Code:
    App Connector
    Code:
    Calculator
    Code:
    Calendar and Mail
    Code:
    Camera
    Code:
    Candy Crush Soda Saga
    Code:
    Connect
    Code:
    Contact Support
    Code:
    Cortana
    Code:
    Drawboard PDF
    Code:
    Feedback Hub
    Code:
    Get Help
    Code:
    Get Office
    Code:
    Get Started
    Code:
    Groove Music
    Code:
    Mail and Calendar
    Code:
    Maps
    Code:
    Messaging
    Code:
    Microsoft Edge
    Code:
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection
    Code:
    Microsoft Store
    Code:
    Microsoft Whiteboad
    Code:
    Mixed Reality Portal
    Code:
    Money
    Code:
    Movies & TV
    Code:
    News
    Code:
    OneDrive (Store app)
    Code:
    OneNote
    Code:
    Paint 3D
    Code:
    People
    Code:
    Phone
    Code:
    Phone Companion
    Code:
    Photos
    Code:
    Settings
    Code:
    Snip & Sketch
    Code:
    Sports
    Code:
    Sticky Notes
    Code:
    Sway
    Code:
    Tips
    Code:
    Twitter
    Code:
    Voice Recorder
    Code:
    Weather
    Code:
    Xbox Console Companion
    Code:
    Xbox Game Bar
    Code:
    Xbox One SmartGlass
    Code:
    Your Phone
    Code:

OPTION THREE [/i] To Reinstall App from Microsoft Store for Current Account
    1 Click/tap on the app listed below that you want to install for your account. It will open your Microsoft Store app directly to the app's page.
    2 Click/tap on the Get or Install button in the Microsoft Store app to install the app. (see screenshots below)

3 When the app has successfully finished downloading and installing, you can launch the app if you like. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 30, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 30, 2015
  3. PCR Just PCR, Mar 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

Hello COMPUTIAC,

That's normal for the apps that are currently in use.

Brink, Mar 30, 2015
  5. Dhruvansh Win User
    What about this one? My apps all show little 'crosses' at the bottom of the tiles and won't install back, and when you go to all apps it says 'error' next to each and every modern app.

Dhruvansh, May 5, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Dhruvansh, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

The error messages indicate a "low memory" issue. Are you real low on free space for the Windows hard drive? Do you have the page file enabled, and set to be managed by the system or set to be large enough?

Brink, May 5, 2015
  7. Dhruvansh Win User
    Hey thanks, I had about 6 GB In the C drive out of 48 and 25 GB out of 100 in the E drive. Page file I think was set to be managed by system. Tho I investigated this more (it was getting really annoying) and in another user profile the apps worked brilliantly. I assume there may have been a registry error. I've reinstalled Windows anyways since well it was way overdue, the thing is like 8 years old... Thanks for the help tho! *Smile

Dhruvansh, May 5, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome Dhruvansh. *Smile

Brink, May 5, 2015
  9. Vladimir Win User
    Thanks. Works nicely !

*Smile

Vladimir, May 5, 2015
  10. Gary Win User
    I do not know what happened to my system when I tried this. It removed Spartan and windows explorer. Thank God for Macrium Reflect. No damage done.

11. Tony K Win User
    Hi Shawn/All.

Woke up this morning to apps that flash and close straightway. Don't know if it's related to the update yesterday or deleting all my registered PCs in OneDrive online then adding this PC/build via fix in 10. All was well all afternoon after that. This PC does show up in OneDrive online.

Tried this fix to no avail. All's I get after copy/paste the command is 3 right arrows as shown below. Any thoughts?

Tony K, Jul 20, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Tony,

It looks like the last bit of the command didn't get copied. *Smile

Brink, Jul 20, 2015
  13. migasll Win User

Hello,

Can you please help me??

I don't know what i did, but i removed almost all apps, including the sotre, and when i run this command i get:

I think it's installing only the apps that I already have...

Please help??

migasll, Jul 30, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It depends on what you did to uninstall them, but usually refreshing Windows would be the easiest way for all of them.

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  15. How do you (re)install apps with Powershell, in the case of trying to start an app, and then they won't start?

HoneycombWX, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reinstall register Apps

2. Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?: I want to reinstall Windows. I have 1 SSD and 1 HDD in my computer. All games and some programs are installed on the HDD. Windows is on the SSD.So, when I reinstall Windows, I'll disconnect the HDD so as not to confuse the disks. Then the Windows installation process will...
  3. Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?: I want to reinstall Windows. I have 1 SSD and 1 HDD in my computer. All games and some programs are installed on the HDD. Windows is on the SSD.So, when I reinstall Windows, I'll disconnect the HDD so as not to confuse the disks. Then the Windows installation process will...
  4. Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstalling and Re-registering apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reinstalling and Re-registering apps: Hi, Another user, another issue reinstalling and re-registering apps.Last week I upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM, and did a clean - CLEAN - install of Windows to mark the occasion. It's running fine except I don't have a lot of the default apps installed - from the...
  6. Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FreeBooter_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f053fs/reinstall_and_reregister_all_builtin_windows_apps/
  7. Re-Registering win10 apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-Registering win10 apps: 1) hi i'm trying to convert this powershell command to work in cmd file Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} how can i convert it to work like this PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy...
  8. Re-register Store app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Re-register Store app in Windows 10: How to: Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 How to Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to...
  9. Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and...
  10. Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall and re-register apps in windows 10