Windows 10: Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

Discus and support Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; I tried option 1 step 3 from the tutorial but got this error: powershell error 2 — imgbb.com What to do now? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 30, 2015.

1. draggie8 Win User

Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

I tried option 1 step 3 from the tutorial but got this error:

powershell error 2 — imgbb.com

What to do now?

draggie8, May 16, 2017
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello draggie8, *Smile

It looks like you didn't have the full command pasted in PowerShell.

Brink, May 16, 2017
  3. draggie8 Win User
    Are you sure? I just copied the whole command for the second time and have no idea what I did wrong then... The deployment operation progress thing is just running and all, but after that I get this error... So what do I have to do?

Thanks in advance mate.. Would really appreciate if you could help me out!

draggie8, May 16, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

It looks like you left off the part in red below.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Brink, May 16, 2017
  5. draggie8 Win User
    Still doesn't work...
    Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 [​IMG]

draggie8, May 16, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's normal to get an error like that for each app that no longer exists.

How does using the command below for current user only work for you instead?

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Brink, May 16, 2017
  7. draggie8 Win User
    When I try that command, it says the following:

Thought that I might try to close this one:

But with the same result in powershell

draggie8, May 17, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Is there a specific app you were trying to reset or having an issue with?

Brink, May 17, 2017
  9. draggie8 Win User
    Yes there is.. Windows store is greyed out, doesn't show images.. Only grey tiles..

draggie8, May 18, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 18, 2017
  11. draggie8 Win User
    Already tried that, without result... Problem solver for windows store doesn't do anything either... Very frustrating

draggie8, May 18, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
  13. draggie8 Win User

I just think that a repair install wouldn't do anything because my laptop is brand new.. But if you think it could still be useful, I could give it a try of course...

draggie8, May 18, 2017
  14. I get the same problem. It seems that Powershell interprets
    "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"

as C:\AppXManifest.xml instead of the individual apps folders.

thewizardoz, Jul 31, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello thewizardoz, *Smile

The location of AppXManifest.xml for the app will depend on where the app's package is installed (if still installed). Usually, the not found apps (uninstalled) will show as "C:\AppXManifest.xml"

Looking at the screenshot below, you can compare the paths between the successful and not found ones.

Brink, Jul 31, 2017
Thema:

1. Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reinstall register Apps

2. Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?: I want to reinstall Windows. I have 1 SSD and 1 HDD in my computer. All games and some programs are installed on the HDD. Windows is on the SSD.So, when I reinstall Windows, I'll disconnect the HDD so as not to confuse the disks. Then the Windows installation process will...
  3. Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?: I want to reinstall Windows. I have 1 SSD and 1 HDD in my computer. All games and some programs are installed on the HDD. Windows is on the SSD.So, when I reinstall Windows, I'll disconnect the HDD so as not to confuse the disks. Then the Windows installation process will...
  4. Reinstalling Windows. Will the files be re-registered in the Registry Editor Regedit?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstalling and Re-registering apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reinstalling and Re-registering apps: Hi, Another user, another issue reinstalling and re-registering apps.Last week I upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM, and did a clean - CLEAN - install of Windows to mark the occasion. It's running fine except I don't have a lot of the default apps installed - from the...
  6. Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FreeBooter_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f053fs/reinstall_and_reregister_all_builtin_windows_apps/
  7. Re-Registering win10 apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-Registering win10 apps: 1) hi i'm trying to convert this powershell command to work in cmd file Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} how can i convert it to work like this PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy...
  8. Re-register Store app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Re-register Store app in Windows 10: How to: Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 How to Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to...
  9. Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and...
  10. Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...