Windows 10: Reinstall backup on new hard drive

Discus and support Reinstall backup on new hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 10 since you released it free I love the program I had it on my hard drive which I backed up using Norton backup, I purchased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JosephCB, Sep 27, 2019.

1. JosephCB Win User

Reinstall backup on new hard drive

I have been using Windows 10 since you released it free I love the program I had it on my hard drive which I backed up using Norton backup, I purchased a new computer it has Windows 10 home installed on it can I reinstall all my programs and data I have on the old hard drive to the new one without having to install each program I have.
    Thank you Joseph C. Batty

:)

JosephCB, Sep 27, 2019

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Sep 27, 2019
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Reinstall backup on new hard drive

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Reinstall backup on new hard drive

1. Reinstall backup on new hard drive - Similar Threads - Reinstall backup hard

2. Reinstall Windows 10 on a new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 on a new hard drive.: Hello, the hard drive on my PC fried and I needed to replace it.How do I recover my Windows 10 Product Key so that I can install Windows 10 on the replacement hard drive?...
  3. Backup options for transfer of hard drive to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup options for transfer of hard drive to new PC: Hello and thank you ahead of time for any input.I am building a PC with a new mobo, processor and cooler, and case. I'll be transferring my graphics card, RAM, and hard drives boots to SSD and there's a HDD for storage. I'm going from a Lenovo prebuilt PC with Lenovo mobo and...
  4. Backup options for transfer of hard drive to new PC

Backup options for transfer of hard drive to new PC: Hello and thank you ahead of time for any input.I am building a PC with a new mobo, processor and cooler, and case. I'll be transferring my graphics card, RAM, and hard drives boots to SSD and there's a HDD for storage. I'm going from a Lenovo prebuilt PC with Lenovo mobo and...
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new hard drive: Hi! I bought a new hard drive since it looks like the one I currently have is corrupted. However, the corrupted hard drive is where my Windows volume license key is bound to. Is it still possible to activate the license on a different hard drive? Appreciate any steps and...
  6. Can't reinstall with new hard drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't reinstall with new hard drive: I had Flight Sim but it wasn't running well so had the computer upgraded with a new video card and a new SSD drive. Now I see Flight Sim in my order history but when I try to download it, I get a message that I have no devices. If I click on the message, I get sent back to...
  7. hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Customization
    hard drive backup: How do I backup my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-backup/4c142105-4de1-4e4c-a3dc-fcca8a0c8cd2
  8. new hard drive,reinstall win 10

new hard drive,reinstall win 10: I replaced a hard drive in my hp laptop.How can I reload windows 10 onto it ? I made a iso disk but can't get it to work. I changed the bootup sequence to cd/dvd first and hd second. Hope this makes sense...
  9. Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive

Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive: My hard drive on my pc has gone bad. I updated my win7 ultimate during major change to win 10. What do I do once I have replaced my hard drive. 124273
  10. Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive: My hard drive on my pc has gone bad. I updated my win7 ultimate during major change to win 10. What do I do once I have replaced my hard drive. 124273