Windows 10: Reinstall default apps from image file

Discus and support Reinstall default apps from image file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've messed a lot with the pre-installed apps, but now decided to reinstall them. I've deleted everything under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gezginrocker, May 27, 2018.

1. Reinstall default apps from image file

Hi,

I've messed a lot with the pre-installed apps, but now decided to reinstall them.

I've deleted everything under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps. Then I copied the same directory from Windows ISO and pasted there. Also I set the folder to default permissions.

Then I entered the following command at Power Shell: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

It processes C:/Windows/SystemApps fine, but gives this error for others: Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist.

I also found a script at MS site called reinstall-preinstalledApps. But when I run it, gives this error:

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_2018.312.1947.1000_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxMetadat a\AppxBundleManifest.xml' because it does not exist.

:)

gezginrocker, May 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, May 27, 2018
  3. Sureis Win User
    Windows 10 mobile default apps reinstall

Is there no way to uninstall or reinstall the default apps on Windows Mobile 10? I would rather Microsoft updated its default apps because after auto update the apps appear on all apps list.

Some of the default apps are missing from the apps list on my phone but it shows on storage (apps and games). When I search the apps on store it says installed or launch. Every time I want to use the apps I have to connect to internet and lauch the app from
    Microsoft Store. But the apps appeared on the list only after I uninstalled and reinstalled. But In case of default apps, I can't uninstall or reinstall.

Please Microsoft, please find a way so that the default apps could be uninstalled and reinstalled or provide prompt updates to the default apps.

Some of the key default apps like phone, photo etc do not appear on the all apps list. For making a call I have to open "people". I can't dial to any number. Disappointed!!

Windows 10 mobile

Version: 1607

OS build: 10.0.14393.953

Sureis, May 27, 2018
Thema:

Reinstall default apps from image file

1. Reinstall default apps from image file - Similar Threads - Reinstall default apps

2. Reinstall from system image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall from system image: Hello,I have a question, if in my PC I have two ssd. One ssd where windows is installed partition C has memory of 250 Gb and the another one has memory partition D of 500 Gb, if I make a system image backup of these two, then on install process from system image backup can i...
  3. Reinstall from system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall from system image: Hello,I have a question, if in my PC I have two ssd. One ssd where windows is installed partition C has memory of 250 Gb and the another one has memory partition D of 500 Gb, if I make a system image backup of these two, then on install process from system image backup can i...
  4. Reinstall from system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Removing "Default App" setting from file type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing "Default App" setting from file type: I am running Windows 10. I accidentally chose a default app to open a certain type of file and now I can't set it back to "none". I do not want ANY app associated with this file type. How do I fix this? I already tried creating a dummy .exe file to associate it with and...
  6. Removing "Default App" setting from file type

Removing "Default App" setting from file type: I am running Windows 10. I accidentally chose a default app to open a certain type of file and now I can't set it back to "none". I do not want ANY app associated with this file type. How do I fix this? I already tried creating a dummy .exe file to associate it with and...
  7. Removing "Default App" setting from file type

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Default image file and location

in Windows 10 Support
    Default image file and location: Windows 10 Version 2004 When trying to save a picture, the default is png and it's not in a default file location. How can I set the default to jpg and set a default file location? Would I have to do a registry hack? Thanks in advance 181533
  9. Default image editor can't open image files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default image editor can't open image files: I recently installed paint.net on Windows 10, and since its installer can't change the default image "editor", I read a post on the paint.net forums, which said to change the value of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\edit\command to "C:\Program...
  10. Problem with reinstalling default apps

Problem with reinstalling default apps: I am having a problem with reinstalling the default apps of Windows 10. When I have uninstalled an app, and then try to reinstall the default package through: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...