Windows 10: Reinstall from Win10 retail USB flashh drive

Discus and support Reinstall from Win10 retail USB flashh drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Near comedy of things going on at once. HD with Install went at once, no saving. USB with Win retail will not install on new, or any other drive I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by john silver5, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Reinstall from Win10 retail USB flashh drive

Near comedy of things going on at once. HD with Install went at once, no saving. USB with Win retail will not install on new, or any other drive I have. Looked over multiple suggestions on the web. "new" in options is not highlighted and in dim letters for all drives tried.Have tried not putting in Serial, even finally putting it in, which of course it did not take. Same board, cpu, everything except for HD and make things more comical? tried to go onto help line and said my username was different than one filed issue with.No cellphone this end, just notebook and the now dead desktop. Any id

:)

john silver5, Aug 3, 2022

2. Cant install retail win10 to new M2 Drive

Hi, I just build a new system and was looking forward to finishing it off by installing Win10 to the M2 drive. It's a completely new ADATA 960GB drive with factory settings (only drive attached). ASUS ROG X470-1 Mobo, 16G G.Skill RAM. The ADATA drive shows
    up fine in POST and Im able to select the USB to boot in UEFI mode. The USB was purchased from a Microsoft retail shop, and comes on a 16G USB in FAT32.

However, every time the installation BSODs with stop code 0xc000021a after selecting with version of win10 to install (64 or 32). After googling, this seems to be a common problem many has encountered when installing one drives and Ive tried all recommended
    solutions without any luck, this includes:

Disabling CSM

Disabling Secureboot and enabling it, trying both Other OS and Windows UEFI

Clearing security keys and loading default ones

Booting both in UEFI and legacy modes

Nothing seems to work, and I do not have access to a computer to download and create a new USB drive.

Any suggestions on what to do?

/David

David H Jiang, Aug 3, 2022
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Windows 10 Retail USB Drive

That is weird, that you can't change the drive letter. Did it come with a printed license key? I would say you have two options:

1. If it came with a printed license key, just make your own USB with the Windows Media Creation Tool and enter the retail key when asked for it when you install from the USB that you made.

2. If it did not come with a printed key - install Windows 10 from the purchased USB. Use a product key sniffer (such as produkey or Belarc Advisor) to get the Windows 10 key (which should be a unique one for a retail version). Then go back to step 1, if still desired.

NavyLCDR, Aug 3, 2022
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Reinstall from Win10 retail USB flashh drive

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

Reinstall from Win10 retail USB flashh drive

1. Reinstall from Win10 retail USB flashh drive - Similar Threads - Reinstall Win10 retail

2. Reinstall from Win10 retail USB flashh drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall from Win10 retail USB flashh drive: Near comedy of things going on at once. HD with Install went at once, no saving. USB with Win retail will not install on new, or any other drive I have. Looked over multiple suggestions on the web. "new" in options is not highlighted and in dim letters for all drives...
  3. Reinstall from Win10 retail USB flashh drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall from Win10 retail USB flashh drive: Near comedy of things going on at once. HD with Install went at once, no saving. USB with Win retail will not install on new, or any other drive I have. Looked over multiple suggestions on the web. "new" in options is not highlighted and in dim letters for all drives...
  4. IRST driver problem reinstalling win10 from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRST driver problem reinstalling win10 from USB: My laptop has a windows license written on the motherboard. I had switched to linux and now I'm switching back to Win10. When I boot from the win10 USB https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO, it tells me I'm missing a driver. Previously I switched back...
  5. IRST driver problem reinstalling win10 from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IRST driver problem reinstalling win10 from USB: My laptop has a windows license written on the motherboard. I had switched to linux and now I'm switching back to Win10. When I boot from the win10 USB https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO, it tells me I'm missing a driver. Previously I switched back...
  6. IRST driver problem reinstalling win10 from USB

7. Clean reinstalling win10 (USB)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean reinstalling win10 (USB): Hi there. So I'm reinstalling windows because I'm fearing that I might have some sort of malware, and well I'd like a clean start on my PC either way. I've installed windows 10 on a USB drive, and I'm now more or less ready to start the process, but then it hit me, do I have...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 from Retail Box USB

Reinstalling Windows 10 from Retail Box USB: The Retail Box USB contains v1809 of Windows 10. After installing the original version and then going through OOBE and opting in to get the latest from Windows it only updates to v1909 from Windows Update. After a long install of v1909 from Windows Update, I tried manually...
  9. Issues with reinstalling from USB drive

Issues with reinstalling from USB drive: A couple of days ago, due to some issues with Windows updates that weren't completely installed on my computer, my laptop crashed and has since then been unable to move past the Lenovo logo screen. I decided to create a Windows 10 installer USB drive and then followed the...
  10. Retail Win10

Retail Win10: My free upgrade will not work no matter what I try. It always gives me the same message. "........cannot be installed on USB flash drive." Of course, I do not have a drive attached to USB. So, I don't know what is generating this error. If I bite-the-bullet and buy a retail...