Windows 10: Reinstall GetOffice App

Discus and support Reinstall GetOffice App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The GetOffice app has been unsuccessfully trying to update since 3/16 so I was able to uninstall it using powershell. and now I'm trying to reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SoFine409, Mar 20, 2017.

1. SoFine409 Win User

Reinstall GetOffice App

The GetOffice app has been unsuccessfully trying to update since 3/16 so I was able to uninstall it using powershell. and now I'm trying to reinstall and register it using the PowerShell command:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *MicrosoftOfficeHub*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

But I get an error that makes no sense to me. Can anyone tell where I've gone wrong?

Reinstall GetOffice App [​IMG]

:)

SoFine409, Mar 20, 2017
  2. ####() Win User

cortana

cortana is not showing windows apps icons like mail,getoffice,people,etc....windows 10

####(), Mar 20, 2017
  3. GregorM Win User
    Microoft .NET Native Runtime Package... update in Windows Store repeat in loop, WIndows 10 Pro system

Same here and GetOffice is staying there too. I would like to get rid of GetOffice, but I can't find it anywhere to uninstall it. Someone knows how?

GregorM, Mar 20, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Reinstall GetOffice App

Perhaps it's in your Apps Library in the Store, you could download it there.

Reinstall GetOffice App [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 20, 2017
  5. SoFine409 Win User
    When I went to my Apps Library, I noticed that the GetOffice apps successfully updated a few minutes ago so I assume that when I uninstalled it using PowerShell a little bit ago a fresh reinstall was triggered. I wasn't sure if that would happen or not but know I know that since its a default app it will be reinstalled nearly as soon as you uninstall it. FYI, I was trying to fix a series of 14 unsuccessful updates since 3/16 and I reasoned that an uninstall followed by a reinstall would do the trick. Looks like I succeeded with the help of MS in spite of myself!

Thank you for the speedy help Edwin.

SoFine409, Mar 20, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    I believe that command was meant to be run in a Command Prompt window.

To run in PowerShell, its just this.
    $manifest = Get-AppxPackage *MicrosoftOfficeHub*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

Eagle51, Mar 20, 2017
  7. SoFine409 Win User
    Thanks Eagle. Good to know. I got the command from one of Brinks Tuts and a thought it said to run it in powershell. Glad it sorted itself sorted out but I am curious what crapped out the GetOffice App in the first place. It get stranger all the time. God help us when the creators update comes out, holy crap. Not looking forward to that.
    Bob

SoFine409, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Reinstall GetOffice App

1. Reinstall GetOffice App - Similar Threads - Reinstall GetOffice App

2. reinstall app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reinstall app: I accidentally uninstalled an app I baught on microsoft store.I need to know the best way to reinstall it.The app is radarscope.-please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-app/d7d64ddd-f043-4448-9086-ab7d722ef623
  3. reinstall app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    reinstall app: I accidentally uninstalled an app I baught on microsoft store.I need to know the best way to reinstall it.The app is radarscope.-please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-app/d7d64ddd-f043-4448-9086-ab7d722ef623
  4. reinstall app

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Reinstalling an App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling an App: I recently had to do a factory reset on my computer. I purchased Minecraft for my daughter last year and now its stating I have to purchase it again, even though it states in my purchases that it has been completed. Is there a way around this? I still have the order number...
  6. reinstall apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reinstall apps: my daughter has erased the microsoft visual c++2008, 2013 x64 and x86 from my laptop. i have tried to recuperate them but it gave an error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-apps/8585d35c-6938-46c7-b6fb-fa4a5cbe4942
  7. Apps not reinstall

Apps not reinstall: I rebooted my computer and tried reinstalling apps from Microsoft store again Stated not valid for this computer. Same computer as before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-not-reinstall/01daae80-1107-43bc-81fa-25192f758512
  8. Reinstalling apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reinstalling apps: Im trying to reinstall Minecraft windows 10 edition (I got it though java edition) I couldn't get the most recent update so I uninstalled then tried to reinstall. But It says "Minecraft Windows 10 edition does not work on you device"s. I've tried running the command that...
  9. No Reinstall Apps

No Reinstall Apps: I can't seem to find it but I thought I saw some registry entries that will keep the Metro apps from reinstalling during OS upgrades. I read this https://www.askvg.com/windows-10-wil...-newer-builds/ article that it's not supposed to happen after a certain build, but let's...
  10. Apps reinstall

Apps reinstall: For some unknown reason some of my apps are exclamation marked out and won't open including store. Some are telling me to contact my administrator or reinstall how help please not sure what's happened with some of them 10827